Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:11:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Pump & Dump Scam  (Read 32108 times)
Nomad88
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1268

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 11:26:15 PM

I am new to Ethereum, in fact to altcoins. Etherium seems to be most promising for an outsider. I wish to buy some but i wonder if i am too late for that. What is the best price range to enter and how much raise can i expect?

P.S; I am looking for a shor time profit.

Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 11:29:36 PM

I am new to Ethereum, in fact to altcoins. Etherium seems to be most promising for an outsider. I wish to buy some but i wonder if i am too late for that. What is the best price range to enter and how much raise can i expect?

Seems mini pumps happen almost daily anymore. Just look at the chart for the past few weeks and pick out the pattern, it looks basically like a roller coaster. Just buy in a trough (valley) and sell at a peak (hill). Don't try to pick the perfect bottoms or tops and don't be greedy, once your position has made a tidy little profit, cash out and wait for the next ride.
Nomad88
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1268

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 11:35:59 PM

Seems mini pumps happen almost daily anymore. Just look at the chart for the past few weeks and pick out the pattern, it looks basically like a roller coaster. Just buy in a trough (valley) and sell at a peak (hill). Don't try to pick the perfect bottoms or tops and don't be greedy, once your position has made a tidy little profit, cash out and wait for the next ride.

Thank you for your feedback. It is interesting to see pumps daily. Don`t you think it can be unhealthy for the future of Ethereum? What are the price expectetions of Ethereum for the future?

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 09:33:43 AM

WOW a whole lot of noob accounts running their mouth and the rest older users idiots

This thread is hilarious. The LTC bag hodlers in particular, lol.

Ethereum is currently in alpha phase. Soon to be in Beta phase (Homestead). Its not meant to be used by anyone but developers at this point. It doesn't have "currency" friendly tools because it is not meant to be used as a currency! The notion that it will compete with bitcoin is just ridiculous.

If you are not a dev, you should just stay out of the game and check back in when the Metropolis release is done - probably summer 2016. This release will have pretty UIs with an app store and features that will appeal to end users. This release will make it obvious how this is a decentralized application platform that will be very disruptive and valuable.

Or the devs will fail and it won't deliver any of that and the price will crash for good. IMO, if you want to bet on the devs being able to deliver, buy a little Eth and walk away and come back this summer.

In the meantime, the traders, whales and fomos will have their fun doing their thing. Pumping and Dumping, and making Polo lots of money. None of that really matters because if the devs deliver, the network will be valuable, and if they don't, it will be worthless.

exactly..

APP'z

So why is this scam launched IPO scammy shit ""coin"" posted here in the first place if it's NOT a "Currency" ?

By the way..

- IPO.
- SCAM LAUNCH.
- Pump & DUMP.

You REALLY need more ?

And who here thinks any of these stupid shit coins will matter in five years ?
I will bet the guys crying about investing in BTC instead of ETH will be kicking themselves in the ass
when they see BTC matters and ETH does not in five years.

What we have hear is s deceitful marketing campaign by an organized group.
Don't be low hanging fruit people.. do your research before investing (rather than listening to advertisers here)
and start with the coins launch !
Hint: follow the fucking money.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Zacudis

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 10:19:48 AM

I thought after the Ethereum price reached $7, it will crash to $4. Now it is still over $5.5. People are so confident.

///// [XVG] VERGE [Multi-Algo] \\\\\
_///// TOR . I2P . LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB . WEBSITE . RADIO . IRC \\\\\_
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 12:54:53 PM

Spoetnik

Marketing campaign? 

There's about 4 or 5 posters on here that support Ethereum.  And a whole load of threads made by haters.  Is this what a "marketing campaign" looks like to you?

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
Sark

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 07:38:33 PM

exactly..

Which doesn't mean it doesn't have value. Oil is not a currency, but it still holds value.

The blockchain technology holds a lot of potential. How exactly it is realized is up for debate and can only be proven out by the development of those platforms. I do believe that in 5 years, the Ethereum network will be quite valuable in providing smart contract services.

lapte

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 10:00:39 PM

This recent dump was a clear coordinated dump. A lot of optimization about the ETH and the upcoming conference. A lot of new money flowing into ETH. It was the classic buy on the rumor and sell on the news...I just didn't sell at the top, but way up from the pre-sale.
Zacudis

Activity: 159

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 10:17:16 AM

This recent dump was a clear coordinated dump. A lot of optimization about the ETH and the upcoming conference. A lot of new money flowing into ETH. It was the classic buy on the rumor and sell on the news...I just didn't sell at the top, but way up from the pre-sale.

I do not think there is any dump. The price is still over 0.01 bitcoin. It is much higher than 1 month ago.

///// [XVG] VERGE [Multi-Algo] \\\\\
_///// TOR . I2P . LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB . WEBSITE . RADIO . IRC \\\\\_
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 02:47:37 PM

If that's the case i will dump my ehtereum first before they start dumping.. So that i can make a profit even  a little pump of ehtereum price ..
But i think i don;t believe that they can dump it easily..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 04:46:58 PM

Spoetnik

Marketing campaign?  

There's about 4 or 5 posters on here that support Ethereum.  And a whole load of threads made by haters.  Is this what a "marketing campaign" looks like to you?

LIAR.

Vitalik .

EDIT:

What was up with the MILLIONS of dollars of coins moving BEFORE launch ?
NOBODY heard of ETH back then yet there was blocks of coins moving in the millions of dollars range.
This was highlighted on PAGE ONE of my ETH scam topic started 2 years ago.
Anyone care ?
Fuck no !

WHY ?

Because your stupid & Greedy

NOTHING ever changes here.. EVER !

Drown assholes.. i do not feel sorry for people who turn a blind eye to scammy behavior so they can profit off a Pyramid scheme.
You make your bed then sleep in it..
The only people who will hold your hand are the ones who have their other hand in YOUR POCKET !

Who you gonna listen to someone who has exposed TONS of these same asshole scammers here
or brand new noob accounts advertising this flavor of the month Pump & Dump coin ?

Want some cred you little noob shits ?
How many scams have you exposed ?
My resume speaks for it's self so sit down and shut the fuck up.
And get a job.. McDonalds is hiring idiots.

OR ?
take your shitty ass Mommy's money and buy BlockNET or Carbon Coin at Cryptsy ROLFLLFLF

Lemme know how that greedy stupidity works out for ya little girls..
And maybe change your name and make another coin about it scammy losers Roll Eyes

FUD first & ask questions later™
stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 07:06:38 PM

Incoherent ramblings

<-- Click here!
nickenburg

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 12:14:53 AM

If that's the case i will dump my ehtereum first before they start dumping.. So that i can make a profit even  a little pump of ehtereum price ..
But i think i don;t believe that they can dump it easily..

Yeh good choice, I did the same I was thinking that the price will go down any moment again.

This battle at 1 price spot can't really hold for long, but just keep a 1/few ethereum just in case.

And if it is really a scam why are they working with microsoft and explaining stuff to the european parliament?
Za1n
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 02:09:14 AM

Thank you for your feedback. It is interesting to see pumps daily. Don`t you think it can be unhealthy for the future of Ethereum? What are the price expectetions of Ethereum for the future?

I don't think it is necessarily unhealthy as all cryptocurrencies are mostly speculative investments at this point in time. Not much different than the stock market really, expect a bit of turbulence every now and then and with trading in crypto's you can multiply that by 10.

Lot of people on here beating drums and/or screaming, either for or against, but watching the charts and picking good entry and exit points, I have probably tripled my initial investment in ETH already. So I don't know what its future is, but for right now it is a means to make money.

As far as if it survives long-term or not, that has more to do with the developers and if they can deliver what they have laid out. I do not think the pumps/dumps will have an impact long-term, with the exception that the overall rise in price the past few months has secured Ethereum's development for the next 5 years, so I think that is a plus.
apriyoni

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 08:38:30 AM

There are many small mini pump and dumps recently. The price rise or drops 8%. The price does not change too much.
nickenburg

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 12:00:53 PM

There are many small mini pump and dumps recently. The price rise or drops 8%. The price does not change too much.

Yes that is what I am thinking as well, its like stable around 6 dollar.
But to unstable to just hold on this price..

I Saw Vitalik also posted some new blog message:

https://blog.ethereum.org/2016/02/29/homestead-release/

What do you think the homestead release will do to the price now?
Sark

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 04:36:00 PM

What do you think the homestead release will do to the price now?

The release itself is assuredly "priced" in already. It was widely expected and has been telegraphed since forever so no surprises. Seems like that is a good thing overall for stability.

Its possible there could be some related good news type events that were waiting for the Homestead release such as being added to some of the bigger exchanges or announcements of new DApps that could impact the price.
stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 05:15:15 PM

ETH is now over $7

<-- Click here!
Za1n
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:16:59 PM

Yes, I also think the Homestead release news has been "priced in" to some extent. I still think we may see some slight upwards movement and stabilization though as a result. This news shows milestones are being met and development continues, so that helps to dispense with some of the FUD and instills a bit more confidence into the investors minds.
nickenburg

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 11:56:34 PM

Yes, I also think the Homestead release news has been "priced in" to some extent. I still think we may see some slight upwards movement and stabilization though as a result. This news shows milestones are being met and development continues, so that helps to dispense with some of the FUD and instills a bit more confidence into the investors minds.

Yes and also most important news actually was this: http://www.coindesk.com/microsoft-ethereum-startup-blockchain/

Look at the time posted 14:30 and look at the exchange graph it goes ham a hour after.

This means any good news about ethereum will bring more people in.

Especially if it has a big name to it like Microsoft in the Title.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: