Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:09:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Pump & Dump Scam  (Read 32108 times)
Zacudis

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 02:23:52 PM

I had over 1000 eth from the original IPO but unfortunately sold them a long time back.Havent looked at the price for a long time since and now see that 1000 eth would be worth 30 btc today.LOL that figures

I almost bought ~15000 ETH during the pre-sale...instead gambled and lost the btc I had on sports. ETH would have been a better gamble..

15,000 Eth would be worth $200,000 today. It seems you have lost a lot of potential money. Well just potential profit.

///// [XVG] VERGE [Multi-Algo] \\\\\
_///// TOR . I2P . LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB . WEBSITE . RADIO . IRC \\\\\_

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
okiefromokc

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 10:59:13 PM

Back in July of 2013, I downloaded the BTC Blockchain of about 8GB, and that was after it was in the wild for 3 years.  The ETH blockchain after only about 2 years is about 21GB.  Now BTC blockchain is at 60GB as of Jan 2016 and is growing ~10GB per quarter.  So if ETH grew 2.6x faster than BTC in just 2 years vs BTC in 3 years, its seems there is a phenomenal growth rate between the two.  

If after 5 years BTC is at 60GB and growing ~10GB per quarter, then we are looking at TBs blockchains in a few years for both cryptos.  Thus, this speaks volumes towards centralised data centers to maintain the huge databases. We are talking about VISA size data centers, whatever happened to the decentralised network concepts of Satoshi?

Can pruning be implemented in some manner via the checkpoints?
Or is the blockchains just going to ever get larger and more centralised?

Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 11:14:51 PM

Back in July of 2013, I downloaded the BTC Blockchain of about 8GB, and that was after it was in the wild for 3 years.  The ETH blockchain after only about 2 years is about 21GB.  Now BTC blockchain is at 60GB as of Jan 2016 and is growing ~10GB per quarter.  So if ETH grew 2.6x faster than BTC in just 2 years vs BTC in 3 years, its seems there is a phenomenal growth rate between the two.  

If after 5 years BTC is at 60GB and growing ~10GB per quarter, then we are looking at TBs blockchains in a few years for both cryptos.  Thus, this speaks volumes towards centralised data centers to maintain the huge databases. We are talking about VISA size data centers, whatever happened to the decentralised network concepts of Satoshi?

Can pruning be implemented in some manner via the checkpoints?
Or is the blockchains just going to ever get larger and more centralised?

Umm, you can get a 4 TB drive on Newegg for only $119 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822178338&ignorebbr=1

I think we are a long ways for needing data-centers, much less "VISA size data centers" to store the blockchain, so I think it is a bit early to be proclaiming the doom and gloom due to centralization.

While I will agree that the size could benefit from some type of pruning action, the biggest constraint currently is the time it take to download the blockchain from scratch. There are bootstrap downloads available, but bandwidth seems the biggest roadblock. Although it is a concern, it is by no means the end of decentralization, mainly an inconvenience.
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 07:30:47 AM

People will get burned so fucking hard from this. Now would be a good time to take profits from this altcoin pump! The chart is screaming for you to take profits guys!

Yes. Looking at the liquidity this gonna be a monster rollover. Putting very bad news to the crypto markets in total.  Shame.

Then I still have no clue how all the problems can be solved with the current design.

But if, then Rootstock could be final winner with the BTC side chain and smart contracts on top.

Anyway, looks doomy now.

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 09:39:17 AM

Just wondering, why do you think the chart looks this bad. I mean if you are being a day trader then you are probably right. But this is something unique. You can not compare it with usual technical analysis patterns.

People will get burned so fucking hard from this. Now would be a good time to take profits from this altcoin pump! The chart is screaming for you to take profits guys!
mrcashking

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 09:50:16 AM

Just wondering, why do you think the chart looks this bad. I mean if you are being a day trader then you are probably right. But this is something unique. You can not compare it with usual technical analysis patterns.

I too have mixed feelings on this but i am more inclined towards the dump anyway.Ether had a pretty big market even before this pump and it is possible that people might just accept this price and get used to it but there will be a dump for sure cause mining is extraordinarily profitable right now.
Alexthesalamander

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 12:53:19 AM

I told ya to take profits! I hope you listened..

Buy high and sell low
btbrae

Activity: 680

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 01:35:36 AM

Hmm well it didn't really go down much yet. I guess a single bagholder got shaken out. I will wait for the big one and the panic.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 01:46:32 AM

Well, that was fun. I assume there are some rich and twitchy fingers interested in going straight to USD on Bitfinex. It's going to be a fun ride whatever happens.
americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 07:26:19 AM

Ethereum is likely going to be the poster child for why the SEC will claim it has to 'begin to regulate crypto'.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 05:06:14 AM

I'm all in and holding since $3.  Won't sell a fraction until at least $40.  Good luck to you fools.

you could be a genius... but many have tried and failed to be the coin that wasn't a ponzi..... I think your holding faith will be tested.... as will my skepticism.

My guess is that ETH isn't even close to a scalable global crypto.... it will ponzi bubble and then maintain some price somewhere near its utility as a non-currency....

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
sinner

Activity: 615

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 05:38:39 AM

you could be a genius... but many have tried and failed to be the coin that wasn't a ponzi..... I think your holding faith will be tested.... as will my skepticism.

My guess is that ETH isn't even close to a scalable global crypto.... it will ponzi bubble and then maintain some price somewhere near its utility as a non-currency....

vitalik and vlad have both admitted they don't actually know how to scale it.  it's still a "research project".  scaling it (according to the technobabble they've been spewing about how they think they'll do it) would violate the cap theorem.  you know why they're leaving the scaling to the last part of the coding process? cuz they can't do it.  oh ya and it has zero use cases and most dapps are abandoned.
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 06:11:40 AM

vitalik and vlad have both admitted they don't actually know how to scale it.  it's still a "research project".  scaling it (according to the technobabble they've been spewing about how they think they'll do it) would violate the cap theorem.  you know why they're leaving the scaling to the last part of the coding process? cuz they can't do it.  oh ya and it has zero use cases and most dapps are abandoned.

Yeah... but you don't need anything real to be worth a billion dollars apparently.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
Cabapzarf

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 12:22:15 PM

Yeah... but you don't need anything real to be worth a billion dollars apparently.

It will be real in a few months.
partysaurus

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 11:49:11 PM

even if its real does not make it worth anything Smiley
Xanotick

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 05:54:39 AM

even if its real does not make it worth anything Smiley

The price is still over $10. If it is $1, I think there is a dump.
orryde

Activity: 476

Re-Evolution

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 05:56:43 AM

Prometheus and his pump group are responsible for current Ethereum pump. Prometheus colluded with Ethereum members to obtain insider info about R3 news in December. Fake news posts and shill spam also stem from the group. They plan to dump soon.

Someone who I trust told me Bob and a group of pump group leaders pumped eth. Prom may have been one of them.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
Betting on e-Sports with Steam Items & Crypto
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
■■■■■ GBT Loyalty Reward Program Steam Marketplace Sportsbetting ■■■■■
Dobmaster

Activity: 464

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 09:05:22 AM

Prometheus and his pump group are responsible for current Ethereum pump. Prometheus colluded with Ethereum members to obtain insider info about R3 news in December. Fake news posts and shill spam also stem from the group. They plan to dump soon.

Someone who I trust told me Bob and a group of pump group leaders pumped eth. Prom may have been one of them.

Who are those people? Are they known big whales?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Mastsetad

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 06:06:12 AM

I think they are just made up. A big whale will not let you know their identity. They want to earn big money.
ed_teech

Activity: 508

Jahaha

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 06:19:46 AM

I think they are just made up. A big whale will not let you know their identity. They want to earn big money.

Whales always buy for profit. The question is how long will they hold and how much they believe in what they bought.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: