Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:02:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Commonwealth Pushes Member Countries to Declare Bitcoin Legal  (Read 2077 times)
the_poet (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 03:19:08 PM

Big news!

http://www.coindesk.com/commonwealth-member-countries-bitcoin-legal/

Under construction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
indiemax

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 09:02:59 PM

This would be great news for the citizens ,especially those with low incomes but work in higher paying jobs abroad and send money home to family

I hope they get enough support
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 03:02:30 PM

This is indeed a great news for citizen of Commonwealth countries. However, there is still a long way before these countries really accept bitcoin as legal but this is a good start.
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2016, 03:16:55 PM

http://thecommonwealth.org/sites/default/files/press-release/documents/P14195_ROL_Virtual_Currencies_D_Tait_V5_LoRes.pdf

Read the full report (its big!), it has some great points as to why these countries should legalize and aware people of their nation about digital currencies. If they do legalize it they can somewhat control the bad aspects of it and it makes sense.

This is the best news I have heard this year!! Let's hope that these countries take a positive step forward.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
Cresciuanto

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 03:08:19 PM

now we can see that good news about bitcoin are running in the market. that is such a good news about the future of bitcoin. now the countries must take a positive step in the favour of  bitcoin..
Superbitzz

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 12:46:46 PM

now we can see that good news about bitcoin are running in the market. that is such a good news about the future of bitcoin. now the countries must take a positive step in the favour of  bitcoin..
if that is a fact and really they pushes the member then defiantly it is such a good news for the future of bitcoin. it will really motivate people to invest their investment and people will get more confidence.
Gahs

Activity: 294

Minter

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 08:27:32 PM

Yeah, I knew that was gonna happen sooner or later. Let me predict the future for you: Everyone will one day drop fiat in favor of cryptocurrency!

I seeeee the futurrrreeee!@#$$#@!!

Minter                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

▄█████▄   ▄▄
▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
████████▄▄   ▐████████████
 ████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████
   ████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
  ▀▀█████████▀▀
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 10:03:29 PM

Bitcoin is now becoming a mega part of the financial system so it is better for all of the countries that they declare it legal for their country and for banks etc, I hope with that bitcoin will be more powerful and will become an established currency.
zodin

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 07:41:21 AM

Yeah, I knew that was gonna happen sooner or later. Let me predict the future for you: Everyone will one day drop fiat in favor of cryptocurrency!

I seeeee the futurrrreeee!@#$$#@!!
ant that is so good wishes about bitcoin. i also hope so that a time will come when thoe whole world will use a sing currency having same value any where through out the world.
PsursV

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 11:49:37 AM

I think such kind of news can make the position of bitcoin more stronger. I think the time is now not too far when every state of the world will accept bitcoin as a legal currency.
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 11:59:19 AM

Very interesting.
The thing that still scares me about Bitcoin is the fact that governments could declare it illegal and make it harder to cash out your BTC through financial institutions.
If there were suddenly no way to convert your coins into Paypal, fiat currency, etc, would anyone use them?
Even if you have a million BTC in a wallet, its still useless unless you can find someone else that will accept those coins, or a way to convert them into another currency.
If someone offered me a million dollars worth of BTC, or $500,000 cash, I would still take the cash, since I know for sure its going to be accepted by a bank etc.

PsursV

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 01:11:16 PM

Very interesting.
The thing that still scares me about Bitcoin is the fact that governments could declare it illegal and make it harder to cash out your BTC through financial institutions.
If there were suddenly no way to convert your coins into Paypal, fiat currency, etc, would anyone use them?
Even if you have a million BTC in a wallet, its still useless unless you can find someone else that will accept those coins, or a way to convert them into another currency.
If someone offered me a million dollars worth of BTC, or $500,000 cash, I would still take the cash, since I know for sure its going to be accepted by a bank etc.
what do you think that as still so many countries have all ready declare bitcoin as illegal. but still the people in these countries using bitcoin and making money but the govt has yet not freeze their accounts and they are doing transaction of their bitcoin very easily.
Cresciuanto

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 05:57:27 PM

Very interesting.
what do you think that as still so many countries have all ready declare bitcoin as illegal. but still the people in these countries using bitcoin and making money but the govt has yet not freeze their accounts and they are doing transaction of their bitcoin very easily.
yes i am also thinking about this that we are hearing about that new for so many  days so can we know that what is the reaction of different countries about that.
youhgt2

Activity: 124

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 07:27:22 PM

that is such a good news about the future of bitcoin. i think it can make the position of bitcoin more stronger.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 10:04:19 PM

what's the deal with the commonwealth? you hear about it pretty often but i can't see much evidence of any type of legal or trading union. is there any type of common ground other than the games? then again i dunno if australia has much to say to rwanda anyway.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 01:58:06 PM

what's the deal with the commonwealth? you hear about it pretty often but i can't see much evidence of any type of legal or trading union. is there any type of common ground other than the games? then again i dunno if australia has much to say to rwanda anyway.
That is because commonwealth is pure fiction and not actual union or an international organization of any kind. All they can do is throw reports at you and 'suggest' that cryptocurrency is rising trend.
They have no idea what they are doing, how to reagulate it and how big bitcoin really is as they estimate Bitcoin users by number of downloaded wallets.
Maesters1-

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 11:44:36 AM

yes such types of questions arise in mind after that statement and what is the result up to now, i think that there is no reality about this, because we have never heard such think in news or on social media or from some other sources, but hope that very soon countries will set around and will start thinking about bitcoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: