Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:44:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Crash  (Read 6822 times)
epbaha (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 06:57:41 AM

How far will the price fall when Butterfly Labs stops "customer service" and leaves the country?  Will we see the same magnitude as the Pirate Crash?

lucif

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 07:01:09 AM

I will not be surprised. Classic ponzi with promises.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 07:04:53 AM

How far will the price fall when Butterfly Labs stops "customer service" and leaves the country?  Will we see the same magnitude as the Pirate Crash?

Please explain why it would crash.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
lucif

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 07:14:51 AM

They say BFL owner is criminal in past
epbaha (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 07:29:46 AM

Speculators dumped coins when the Pirate scam was confirmed so it seems plausible this might happen when this scam is confirmed.

lucif

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 07:42:54 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110868.20
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=114329.0

I want to believe people becomes better. But expirence protests.
lucif

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 07:59:51 AM

Btw, does anyone see any noticeable hashrate growth? I think if anyone would have asic technology in hands, that should have impact on hashrate dramatically.
Kupsi
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003

9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 08:29:24 AM

Speculators dumped coins when the Pirate scam was confirmed so it seems plausible this might happen when this scam is confirmed.

Speculators dumped because Pirate had a lot of coins to dump. Butterfly labs don't have the coins.
lucif

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 08:40:35 AM

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2013, 08:42:13 AM

I'd expect something similar then when pirate shut down.

Except I think it should be lower in magnitude in terms of the initial crash but have larger repercussions in terms of mid term price development. If the ASIC startups turn out to be a dud there will be large spread disappointment but the acceptance will be much harder to swallow. So I would expect about half a year downtrend. No idea how steep though it depends so much on other factors.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2013, 08:45:33 AM

Speculators dumped because Pirate had a lot of coins to dump. Butterfly labs don't have the coins.

What do you think will those miners do who still have their coins from back before the big rise and who though they could dominate the game for another 4 years? It's not the speculators you ought to be concerned about.
It's the seemingly strong hand who might get so frustrated that they turn to drastic actions.
lucif

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 08:54:23 AM

So we all playing roulette here Smiley

I read in midterm TA picture something weird could happen.
Luno

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 09:10:51 AM

If there is no BFL and the other manufactures have more delays, the effect would more likely be that people start cashing out beause difficulty is not rising as fast as expected.

BFl not delivering does not make it a scam. If they default and repay what's left to the investors and preorders, they have only proved themself as bad business men. Maybe the Chinese chip maker has scammed them?

The thing that still not seem right about BFl is the total lack of crowd sharing of their firmware programming effort. If there had been a subforum where people discussed improvements with code snippets, it would have been just as tangible as a working prototype early on.

Avalon openly discuss the intricate part of their firmware efforts and discussing different methods of improving their algorithms.

BFL have not proven they have the brain power to make the butterfly ASIC take off. Sure they had delivered FPGAs, but thats a walk in the park to program especially if you don't care if your firmware is optimised and just focus on shipping something.

Kupsi
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 09:20:33 AM

What do you think will those miners do who still have their coins from back before the big rise and who though they could dominate the game for another 4 years? It's not the speculators you ought to be concerned about.
It's the seemingly strong hand who might get so frustrated that they turn to drastic actions.

I think they will appreciate their bitcoins even more. BFL failing is not the same as Bitcoin failing.
lucif

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 09:26:32 AM

In any case we may see a dump. Either from asic adepts which will try to cover credits, or from GPU miners that will quit biz due to asic success.
SlaveInDebt

Activity: 699
Merit: 500

Your Minion

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 09:49:09 AM

In any case we may see a dump. Either from asic adepts which will try to cover credits, or from GPU miners that will quit biz due to asic success.

Your logic blows, remember the production of btc remains the same regardless all you are looking at it is possible sellers trying to get back a quick ROI. They will be there but only due to ignorance and fear mongers like you.

"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain." - Mark Twain
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2013, 09:56:54 AM

I think they will appreciate their bitcoins even more.

How so? I seriously have problems following that.

BFL failing is not the same as Bitcoin failing.
True dat, but what does this have to do with anything?

They will be there but only due to ignorance and fear mongers like you.

Oh wow.
SlaveInDebt

Your Minion

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 10:05:01 AM

Oh wow.

Just trying to catch the yellow  Wink

"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain." - Mark Twain
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2013, 10:09:45 AM

This hasn't anything to do with luck... now if you just were to follow the arguments instead of discriminatory dismissing them we could get a real debate going.

Oh wow.

Just trying to catch the yellow  Wink

always  Cheesy
SlaveInDebt

Your Minion

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 10:11:39 AM

This hasn't anything to do with luck...

Oh wow.

Just trying to catch the yellow  Wink

always  Cheesy

Cheers where do I send the beer? pm

SlaveInDebt

Your Minion

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 10:12:40 AM

The people waiting for BFL's product aren't holding coins. BFL isn't holding coins. Smart miners don't hold coins, they sell immediately to buy more hardware or pay for electricity.

Who's going to dump again? Did someone say "strong hands"? People like me? Funny.

You might have a few speculators who try to take advantage of the news and try their hand at manipulation. I don't think the news would be strong enough to warrant any notable change in the market. BFL isn't the only game in town.

According to the OP, if they deliver we should see massive buying? That makes about as much sense, which is very little.

This thread seems like wishful thinking for someone who is short. Good luck guys.

This guy too. Need a beer? pm.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 11:26:15 AM

They say BFL owner is criminal in past

So if someone is criminal in past the market crashes?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 11:31:50 AM

I think that's a minority. Others will still want coins (can't mine with non-existing ASIC), so they might resort to buying them.

I still fail to see the connection... bitcoin can continue to use GPU if no asics are delivered.

I don't get it: "BIG SCAM HAPPENED ABUSING BITCOIN COMMUNITY!" => "SELL ALL COINS!" just doesn't compute.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2013, 11:32:32 AM

It'll have about as much impact as an actual butterfly crash.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
SlaveInDebt

Your Minion

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 11:38:26 AM

It'll have about as much impact as an actual butterfly crash.

http://youtu.be/BZpUp4Tl-1s

ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2013, 11:45:32 AM

I don't get it: "BIG SCAM HAPPENED ABUSING BITCOIN COMMUNITY!" => "SELL ALL COINS!" just doesn't compute.

It's accumulative. Of course none of bitcoin or it's infrastructure would be affected it doesn't have to.
If anything would have to be learned from previous selloffs it is that it's mainly a publicity issue.

I also would like to point you to my signature, it demonstrates the thought process of not only the general public but also the people who are into bitcoin not because of principles but of profits.
naima53

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 12:32:48 PM

The collapse of the BFL can only lead to an increase in prices of coins (canceled boom-Mining), see, everything is going according to plan. IMHO

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=116994.0

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2
johnwhitestar

Activity: 697
Merit: 262

Slimcoin - the Proof of Donation inventors!

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 12:58:38 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2013, 02:36:09 PM by johnwhitestar

The collapse of the BFL can only lead to an increase in prices of coins (canceled boom-Mining), see, everything is going according to plan. IMHO

I agree, the pirateat40 crash was caused by the false believe that he would pay back all he was holding and promising, which were a huge amount of 500K. The collapse of BFL will cease the false believe that the price of bitcoin is about to crash (because of the always very "eminent" release of ASICS, since months). So once it's clear there is no ASICS existing in the nature the price of BTCs will go up where it should be already (about 22$ for BTC, from my point of view)

lucif

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 02:24:35 PM

Your logic blows, remember the production of btc remains the same regardless all you are looking at it is possible sellers trying to get back a quick ROI. They will be there but only due to ignorance and fear mongers like you.
Yup. Let's say, I used to fuckup someone here for 10k btc. So what? I don't ask money and don't post pics of my fake family proving I'm not scammer. Hey ppl, forget my police photo, just give a money. Hehe.

So where is hashrate?
mccorvic

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 02:42:43 PM

If BFL does really show up at CES that would be interesting to me. I don't have a BFL preorder and I don't really think the outcome of whatever happens will actually be that big a deal, but showing up at a big conference doesn't really scream "we're about to scam everyone!" to me.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
lucif

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 03:07:33 PM

If BFL does really show up at CES that would be interesting to me. I don't have a BFL preorder and I don't really think the outcome of whatever happens will actually be that big a deal, but showing up at a big conference doesn't really scream "we're about to scam everyone!" to me.
Yeah, https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/539-butterfly-labs-appear-ces-convention-2.html#post8581
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2013, 03:09:35 PM

I agree, the pirateat40 crash was caused by the false believe that he would pay back all he was holding and promising, which were a huge amount of 500K. The collapse of BFL will cease the false believe that the price of bitcoin is about to crash (because of the always very "eminent" release of ASICS, since months). So once it's clear there is no ASICS existing in the nature the price of BTCs will go up where it should be already (about 22$ for BTC, from my point of view)

You are both not gullible enough to preorder with BFL yet not sceptical enough to know that get-rich-quick isn't something that comes when you want it.
johnwhitestar

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 04:04:52 PM

You are both not gullible enough to preorder with BFL yet not sceptical enough to know that get-rich-quick isn't something that comes when you want it.

Grin

naima53

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 05:28:36 PM

Grin
oh, yes  Sad

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 05:31:04 PM

The people waiting for BFL's product aren't holding coins. BFL isn't holding coins. Smart miners don't hold coins, they sell immediately to buy more hardware or pay for electricity.

Who's going to dump again? Did someone say "strong hands"? People like me? Funny.

You might have a few speculators who try to take advantage of the news and try their hand at manipulation. I don't think the news would be strong enough to warrant any notable change in the market. BFL isn't the only game in town.

According to the OP, if they deliver we should see massive buying? That makes about as much sense, which is very little.

This thread seems like wishful thinking for someone who is short. Good luck guys.

+1

Completely agree, I dont see any link between BFL failing and the price of bitcoins.  There have been few bad news in 2012 that did'nt affect the price at all !

If someone is short on bitcoin, the person did'nt understood the power of bitcoin at all !
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 06:23:29 PM

+1

Completely agree, I dont see any link between BFL failing and the price of bitcoins.  There have been few bad news in 2012 that did'nt affect the price at all !

If someone is short on bitcoin, the person did'nt understood the power of bitcoin at all !

Amen.
johnwhitestar

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 06:28:40 PM

Grin
oh, yes  Sad

There is no evidence that the market adjusted itself in advance to the recent halving. I'd rather consider it's not, and that's why the price is going up now. If the mathematics are not an opinion, the price of btc must reach 22$, sooner or later. The only reason it hasn't yet are all this rumours about ASICS and the Christmas pause the main players of the market has done.
Make sense?

the_thing

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 06:47:04 PM

Although I shouldn't be saying this, because I'm holding mah btcs, I have to say : guys, you're fucking stupid.

Some of the you claim to not see any link between potentional BFL failure scam and a price crash. You obviously don't understand how markets work. Trust is the single most important thing on financial markets. If people are upset that they got scammed (again!), they quickly get the feeling that bitcoin is doomed. Yes, it is strongly exaggerated, but investors tend to exaggerate. Also, since bitcoin is an emerging market it needs new investments. Bad publicity = close to no new investments.

And before you start saying : 'hurr durr, real life scams don't make dollar price fall' let me say that you can't compare bitcoin to dollar.

Also, for those of you who say that bad news in 2012 didn't affect the price at all, please go see a doctor. There's something wrong either with your memory or eyes.

If When BFL managers hit the road with gullible people's money in their pockets, the price is going to go down for at least a few days. The only reason why I'm holding btcs right now is to exploit the recent discrepancy between Bitstamp and MtGox prices.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP"   
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"     
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
mccorvic

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 07:20:29 PM

Although I shouldn't be saying this, because I'm holding mah btcs, I have to say : guys, you're fucking stupid.

Some of the you claim to not see any link between potentional BFL failure scam and a price crash. You obviously don't understand how markets work. Trust is the single most important thing on financial markets. If people are upset that they got scammed (again!), they quickly get the feeling that bitcoin is doomed. Yes, it is strongly exaggerated, but investors tend to exaggerate. Also, since bitcoin is an emerging market it needs new investments. Bad publicity = close to no new investments.

And before you start saying : 'hurr durr, real life scams don't make dollar price fall' let me say that you can't compare bitcoin to dollar.

Also, for those of you who say that bad news in 2012 didn't affect the price at all, please go see a doctor. There's something wrong either with your memory or eyes.

If When BFL managers hit the road with gullible people's money in their pockets, the price is going to go down for at least a few days. The only reason why I'm holding btcs right now is to exploit the recent discrepancy between Bitstamp and MtGox prices.

I don't say this often, nor lightly but...

Cool story, bro.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
the_thing

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 07:35:02 PM

Cool story, bro.
Yeah, that's exactly what people said when the thinking minority warned them about Pirate.

"Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
mccorvic

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 07:37:47 PM

Cool story, bro.
Yeah, that's exactly what people said when the thinking minority warned them about Pirate.

Not what you said, but totally the ranting, hard to follow, no evidence for claims way you said it.

the_thing

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 07:47:26 PM

Not what you said, but totally the ranting, hard to follow, no evidence for claims way you said it.

hard to follow? well, let me sum it up for you then.
1, BFL is likely a scam
2, thus its bankrupcy is only a matter of time
3, if it goes bankrupt, the price is bound to fall rapidly

As for evidence, the burden of proof is on BFL, as they were originally supposed to deliver in November.
Price going down after a major scam is a common knowledge. Go to your local library and ask for a university textbook on economics.

"Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
lucif

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 07:54:29 PM

Pics of bfl "rigs" from CES

http://codinginmysleep.com/coding-in-my-sleep-goes-to-ces/

But chips... Are there any chips?
the_thing

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 08:03:47 PM

Pics of bfl "rigs" from CES

http://codinginmysleep.com/coding-in-my-sleep-goes-to-ces/

But chips... Are there any chips?
Wow. Three plastic boxes. Must be an ASIC without a doubt.

"Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
lucif

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 08:05:36 PM

Not sure if there are chips in these, but they appear to be cases and heat sinks for the new asic line.
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 08:08:55 PM

Let's see how they are similar:
1. BTCST was operated by one unidentified unknown person. BFL has nearly 20 employees and we know exactly who their CEO is or where he's located at.

2. BTCST promised something that was mathematically impossible to sustain for any extended period of time. BFL promises something that is very possible by utilizing known technology, and the same product is being worked on by several other companies.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
johnwhitestar

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 08:21:43 PM

Your point of view make sense as well. But the qualities of BTC are above this little scammers. See the situation with pirateat40, which caused the market to go down for some months and now we are near to have recovered the highest point before pirateat40 default. The people who invested into BFL are much less than into pirateat40 and after pirateat40 there was a huge default of GLBSE and still we are up. The BFL default could give some impulse downstairs, but in the same time the impulse upstairs it would give should be much more powerful.
Of course someone might be turned down, by his loss from the BFL investment, but going away those people the market will became more mature. I wouldn't paragon BTC market with the standard joins-stock exchange market or forex market, because there are a lot of political and macroeconomical manipulation there, while BTC market being smaller in a way is much healthy (personal opinion).

the_thing

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 08:50:53 PM

1. BTCST was operated by one unidentified unknown person. BFL has nearly 20 employees and we know exactly who their CEO is or where he's located at.

2. BTCST promised something that was mathematically impossible to sustain for any extended period of time. BFL promises something that is very possible by utilizing known technology, and the same product is being worked on by several other companies.

1. wrong. people knew his name, face and address. he even personally met with his victims prior to the scam. regarding BFL, yes, we know their management. we also know that prominent members of BFL were convicted for a multi-million scam in the past.

2. feasibility of scammer's promises has nothing to do with his willingness to fulfill them.

it seems that Pirate and BFL guys have more in common than you previously thought, right?

"Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 09:36:03 PM

1. wrong. people knew his name, face and address. he even personally met with his victims prior to the scam. regarding BFL, yes, we know their management. we also know that prominent members of BFL were convicted for a multi-million scam in the past.

2. feasibility of scammer's promises has nothing to do with his willingness to fulfill them.

it seems that Pirate and BFL guys have more in common than you previously thought, right?

Which victim did pirateat40 personally meet? also I thought we only have pirateat40's suspected name and address, not a confirmed one. Maybe I'm wrong about that.

True, feasibility does not guarantee it's not a scam, but non-feasible business is a guarantee that it is a scam. So BTCST = 100% scam. BFL = scam possible, but unlikely. Btw BFL just showcased their ASIC miner at CES:
http://bitcoinmagazine.com/asic-mining-updates-asicminer-deploying-butterfly-demonstrating-at-ces/

lucif

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 09:49:22 PM

blah-blah-blah, blah-blah-blah... Where are the fucking chips? Does it able to mine right there?
the_thing

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 09:50:17 PM

[quote author=kokojie link=topic=135295.msg1442371#msg1442371 date=1357680963
Which victim did pirateat40 personally meet? also I thought we only have pirateat40's suspected name and address, not a confirmed one. Maybe I'm wrong about that.
[/quote]
uhh.. I can't believe I have to do this, but just for the sake of the argument. Behold :

A photo from Las Vegas. (I couldn't find the original one without captions, but whatever)
I don't know who is who, but the one next to Pirate looks a bit like Stephen Hawking  Wink

Pirate himself

source : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91252.60  (you could have found it in 5 second if you wanted to)..

BFL = scam possible, but unlikely.
Let me repeat it for you, in case you didn't understand : BFL managers were convicted of a huge scam in past. They took several million dollars.

"Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
the_thing

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 10:10:08 PM

I don't know who is who, but the one next to Pirate looks a bit like Stephen Hawking  Wink
That's Goat!
Well, that explains a lot.

"Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
myself
Legendary

Activity: 938

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 10:25:11 PM

https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=954.0  Embarrassed

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
lucif

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 12:01:34 AM

First ASIC arrived! BUUUUUUUUUUUYYYYYYY!

http://youtu.be/e4wFkhafEdA
lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 12:31:11 AM

You sound irl just like I imagined

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
gimme_bottles

Activity: 316

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 01:02:11 AM

sure...
the_thing

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 01:15:11 AM

gigakhashes

"Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
lucif

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 01:18:17 AM

Hehe. I pleased you like my Iranian emphasis
johnwhitestar

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 01:23:19 AM

Please what is your BTC address? I want to buy it so badly! Smiley

gimme_bottles

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 01:24:22 AM

so you called your chinese friend and told him what?

"i want the latest ASIC technology, a chip layout for mining bitcoin and a dev kit so i can hook it up to my laptop?"

i want that guys phone number
lucif

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 01:25:27 AM

1bGSponsor01jkIranian980FreeDom
lucif

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 01:27:57 AM

i want that guys phone number
600 East 125th Street, New York, NY
(646) 672-6767

I will erase this phone in 10 mins. You really need to call there. Mostly everyone here.
gimme_bottles

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 01:32:03 AM

can you take a high res (or at least better than that crappy video) picture and post it?
the_thing

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 01:33:06 AM

Hehe. I pleased you like my Iranian emphasis
C кaкиx пop иpaнцы пишyт киpиллцeй?

"Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
lucif

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 01:35:09 AM

дык eптa
gimme_bottles

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 01:59:09 AM

http://www.ti.com/tool/msp-exp430g2

costs 5 bucks and doesn't give you any hashes
lucif

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 02:03:36 AM

You must be Sherlock Holmes

$4.30
gimme_bottles

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 02:07:54 AM

You must be Sherlock Holmes

$4.30

lol
the_thing

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 02:13:08 AM

You must be Sherlock Kholmes
FTFY

"Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 02:16:22 AM

Pirate himself

source : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91252.60  (you could have found it in 5 second if you wanted to)..

Ok so pirateat40 has been seen in person, before he was labeled scammer. But I still don't see his confirmed name and address anywhere, can you point that out to me?

Also, even if someone was able to put the pieces together and confirm his name and address, this is still quite different from BFL whom has put out their real identity since the start.

the_thing

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 02:30:45 AM

Ok so pirateat40 has been seen in person, before he was labeled scammer. But I still don't see his confirmed name and address anywhere, can you point that out to me?
Learn to use the search tool.

Also, even if someone was able to put the pieces together and confirm his name and address, this is still quite different from BFL whom has put out their real identity since the start.
Yeah, they just forgot to mention that they were scam convicts.
Seriously, I get the impression that you simply want to believe and you refuse to accept any argument or evidence.

"Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
myself
Legendary

Activity: 938

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 01:07:38 AM

so you ppl did get any refunds ? the refund policy say you can ask after 01/01/2013

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
epbaha (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 04:56:29 AM

so you ppl did get any refunds ? the refund policy say you can ask after 01/01/2013

I would expect a scam operation to give some refunds.  As long as pre-order revenue exceeds refund revenue, it makes sense to "stay in business".

lucif

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 05:07:23 AM

As long as preorder revenue exceeds refund revenue, it makes sense to say financial pyramid running fine.

No real product, huge advertising campaign - their advertising is almost everywhere. It looks like a bubble, smells like a bubble and probably ... a bubble.
lucif

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 09:33:53 AM

This is my minirig, exactly what introduced at CES2013

Kupsi
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 12:00:55 PM

That was actually a little funny  Smiley
SlaveInDebt

Your Minion

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 12:12:37 PM

That was actually a little funny  Smiley

I have to agree but op is still a random whore. I'd still hit it though. Wink

lucif

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 12:51:56 PM

Interview with miners pre ordered BFL products

Turn subtitles on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ERE4uiufqE
Luno

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 01:02:19 PM

Turn subtitles on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ERE4uiufqE#!

Hilliarious, I hope BFL would make a promotional video so someone could make a Bad Lip Reading video of it.
SlaveInDebt

Your Minion

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 01:20:26 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2013, 01:36:15 PM by SlaveInDebt

Turn subtitles on!

LMAO well done sir. But Josh isn't coming so he'll take it.

http://youtu.be/H20nEbzzx2Y

I will also be in thr KC area in the next month if needed. Family visit of course.  

lucif

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 07:41:06 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=133487

Bitpay is directly connected with all possible BFL rumors. If scam confirmed they will be partners in crime.

Nuff said.
lucif

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 10:11:40 AM

Well... You saw it first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlWrmIqGs3Y
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 10:31:01 AM

Turn subtitles on!

Lol.  Did you make that?
lucif

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 10:32:49 AM

Yes
lucif

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 06:48:39 AM

Micon, hat off sir!

http://www.donkdown.com/josh-zerlan-butterfly-labs-scam-investigation-full-radio-report/

https://twitter.com/DonkDown
johnwhitestar

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 06:04:24 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2013, 07:13:46 PM by johnwhitestar

Grin
oh, yes  Sad

For naima53 and ElectricMucus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpajoF4Uyew (You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one Wink )

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: