Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:43:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price stability  (Read 5005 times)
Ilove-Obama

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:43:40 PM

Eventually everyone who is interested in trading bitcoins will trade bitcoins and we will see a stabilization of price, with regular market fluctuations.  Anybody hazard a guess what sort of value that will be?  tens?  Hundreds?  Thousands?  BILLIONS?

I think that Bitcoin will rise in price after the collapse of the European Union

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
«««« ⪓  FAST CONFIRMATION   ► EDON ICO STARTED SOON  ◄  ⪓  NODE.js tehnology ⪓    »»»»
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Miracal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:44:35 PM

Only patience will bring price stability. Let things develop naturally and fiat money will find its way inside the Bitcoin ecosystem. As long as the software keeps betting better and fiat keeps scamming people it will happen sooner or later.

If you mean good trade, demand and supply and mass adoption as 'naturally', I think yes Tongue Every time I think about the future, I think the crypto and fiat currency co exist and used equally, and there is value of both equally. Maybe bitcoin changes completely or fiat evolves tremendously, but they both will somehow either be best friends or be the worst enemies on an economic war.
in my opinion Bitcoin and fiat can never be friends.
As Bitcoin was made for those who doesn't love banks and the fiat system.
Future of earth is Bitcoin man.

Harharhar specified the fact that in order to fit in and not get completely eliminated, fiat must evolve as a currency and that is the only way both of them can co-exist. If not, it will totally be bank vs people and when the real fight matters, people will run for their money rather than fighting for it and destroying such financial institutions. Realistically, I think both will co exist and rather, be friends later.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:50:21 PM

I think real stability (where the price of bitcoin does not fluctuate more than a percentage point or 2 per year) is still years away. Bitcoin cannot stabilise and grow rapidly at the same time that's a contradiction in terms.

that kind of stability is not years away, but light years away. people will use bitcoin more and more to pay for things. most of these coins get sold nearly instantly. there is and will always be pressure on the price.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:22:24 PM

I think real stability (where the price of bitcoin does not fluctuate more than a percentage point or 2 per year) is still years away. Bitcoin cannot stabilise and grow rapidly at the same time that's a contradiction in terms.

that kind of stability is not years away, but light years away. people will use bitcoin more and more to pay for things. most of these coins get sold nearly instantly. there is and will always be pressure on the price.
I think light years is far fetched. We may start seeing a solid price at about 2030 when we surpass Berkshite Hathaway Class A share and 1 BTC becomes the most expensive share to own ever in the history of mankind with a marketcap of hundred of billions marching to the trillions as we engulf former dinosaurs such as Mastercard, Visa and Paypal.

michinzx

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 01:56:07 AM

i think that the price will become more stable as bitcoin becomes more mainstream and the trade volume becomes stable to an extent, and most of the coins have been mined.
Pk880058

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 02:39:21 PM

i think that the price will become more stable as bitcoin becomes more mainstream and the trade volume becomes stable to an extent, and most of the coins have been mined.
hmm....... That means you are talking of around the year 2140.
I doubt that you will remain alive till then
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1126

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 03:26:52 PM

The stability of bitcoin price always be a issue that cause some people dont want to get into bitcoin, which it can make them confuse about its value when they will buy something or do transaction. But in other case, most traders take the advantage of fluctuation bitcoin price to earn profit in trading.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
centauribit

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 01:28:16 AM

Volatility will only get better with more user adoption and better coin distribution.

HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 10:12:03 AM

hmm....... That means you are talking of around the year 2140.
I doubt that you will remain alive till then

The only reason bitcoin is volatile is not because volatility is one of its properties but because how it is currently treated in the market. There are a lot of factors which influence the price of bitcoin, but actually bitcoin is less volatile than all the fiat currencies which have ever existed and will be. Also, after 21 million bitcoins have been mined, everybody knows that more bitcoins cannot be generated but the network also needs to be secure, right? Incentive for mining might decrease, but the generation of new blocks is very necessary to provide the network-distributed ledger of transactions which is publicly available. Miners will still be able to turn a profit from transaction fees.
wearepoor

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 01:07:35 PM

Volatility will only get better with more user adoption and better coin distribution.

Exactly adoption will have direct impact on the price stability, as more users starts using bitcoins, it will attract higher prices and higher stability, or else the situation would be the same in the coming years, and we are looking forward for more price stability in the bitcoins.
aakashsangwan

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 05:23:39 PM

Exactly adoption will have direct impact on the price stability, as more users starts using bitcoins, it will attract higher prices and higher stability, or else the situation would be the same in the coming years, and we are looking forward for more price stability in the bitcoins.

Why do you think that higher the prices and higher will be the stability Huh

The prices were also high at the end of year 2013 but the prices didn't remained there,  because stability was not present at that time.
And stability will only come after wide acceptance in my opinion.

Pk880058

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:48:46 PM

Why do you think that higher the prices and higher will be the stability Huh

The prices were also high at the end of year 2013 but the prices didn't remained there,  because stability was not present at that time.
And stability will only come after wide acceptance in my opinion.
The whales made a good amount of profit by manipulating the bitcoin prices and cashed out.
So that's why the prices were high at that time and now there is no new news to support Bitcoin prices so they are low.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 05:16:34 PM

Eventually everyone who is interested in trading bitcoins will trade bitcoins and we will see a stabilization of price, with regular market fluctuations.  Anybody hazard a guess what sort of value that will be?  tens?  Hundreds?  Thousands?  BILLIONS?

I think that Bitcoin will rise in price after the collapse of the European Union
Oh, really? Do you realize the problems which will arise after something like that happen? Not to mention EU bubble is one of the biggest in the world. And bigger the bubble, the longer it takes to collapse.
If we are talking about Euro it could take hundred of years for it to fall. After all the dollar has had a hundred years of global hegemon status. I am not sure if there will be bitcoin anymore at that time.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 04:24:04 AM

I think in other way round. Bitcoin price will raise or stabilize only when more people start holding bitcoins and more businesses start accepting coins for purchases. No need to wait for some one to collapse.
boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 10:28:02 AM

That will never happen at least in 50 years.Bitcoin has nothing with EU,USA or African/Asian economies.Bitcoin price with remain between 250-300$ for long period.Till it it not being used by vast majority it's price will always have stability problem.The little investors will loose in pumps and whale will make profit from each pump.
jones techbit

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 11:56:03 PM

Well in the last 6 months and more Bitcoin is getting quite stable in comparison with the early period of his existence, and in comparison with 1 or 2 years ago too.

MF Doom

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 01:26:07 AM

I think in other way round. Bitcoin price will raise or stabilize only when more people start holding bitcoins and more businesses start accepting coins for purchases. No need to wait for some one to collapse.

I'm not sure more businesses taking btc will translate to price increase. Every time a large company (overstock, dell, etc) have stated to take btc the price has gone down. Probably cause they just instantly cash put. Until they can hold and utilize the btc directly, I don't think it will translate to price going up
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:37:53 AM

Well in the last 6 months and more Bitcoin is getting quite stable in comparison with the early period of his existence, and in comparison with 1 or 2 years ago too.

That is true. In fact, Bitcoin is exactly where it was 6 months ago (at $230 levels).
But still, you can see daily moves which are close to double digit percentages. This sort of volatility is not good for a currency.
luciann

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:11:05 AM

yeah transactions may increase, but just know that its still used for gambling mainly.

if you see 90% of the transactions its going to a dice site for gambling lol. there was a coindesk article on this in 2013ish? not sure if I can find it again..

HarHarHar9965

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:41:24 AM

yeah transactions may increase, but just know that its still used for gambling mainly.

if you see 90% of the transactions its going to a dice site for gambling lol. there was a coindesk article on this in 2013ish? not sure if I can find it again..

reason being that gambling world displayed most acceptance to btc when it first came in, and thus they got associated becoming more popular, mostly gamblers becoming new btc users and new btc users trying to gamble Tongue The business was benefiting both parties and hence, there were more transactions limited to gambling only, but the market has expanded and I think the numbers might have dropped significantly.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: