Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:17:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitfinex security is a pain  (Read 1043 times)
BTCBinary (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 01:57:54 AM

I have an account with Bitfinex for quite a while. I've had some btc hanguing there ever since.
Today I visited Bitfinex to withdraw my coins but they had my withdrawal option on hold.
It seems they need me to verify my phone  and some other info.

The problem is that I need my money fast and now these guys are trying to make my life hard. shiiit

anyone had bad experiences with these guys?
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 02:37:01 AM

Its not a really bad experiences as they just trying to protect your coin  Smiley
If you don't like their security just use desktop wallet Smiley
BTCBinary (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 07:33:15 PM

Nope not security my issue in this case.
Its the verification process that takes too long and asks to much identification to move cryptos...
Other than that I do like their security.
meadefreling

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 08:07:28 PM

This features about verification is still about the safety of your coins and there is nothing you can do about that unless you start the verification process right now.

spud21

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 10:06:04 PM

Its the verification process that takes too long and asks to much identification to move cryptos...

The last time I used them they didn't force you to verify if your account didn't withdraw or deposit in fiat. Have they changed their policy and started forcing everyone to verify? I remember Bitstamp did that over a year ago and refused to let unverified people have their Bitcoins back.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 07:11:48 AM

Its not a really bad experiences as they just trying to protect your coin  Smiley
If you don't like their security just use desktop wallet Smiley

This. It s not about them being difficulty, it s about the need to eliminate scammers and thieves and move them out of crypto. So, verify.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
BTCBinary (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 01:13:14 PM

The last time I used them they didn't force you to verify if your account didn't withdraw or deposit in fiat. Have they changed their policy and started forcing everyone to verify? I remember Bitstamp did that over a year ago and refused to let unverified people have their Bitcoins back.

No, they don't force you to verify, but know you need to give a lot more personal information than you needed before just to move cryptocurrency. Besides, if you don't verify you won't be able to do fiat trading
BTCBinary (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 03:58:47 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2016, 06:33:08 PM by BTCBinary

I just want to take my coins out but don't want to submit my ID. I already submitted my mobile phone number, name and address.

I'm not using Fiat and want to take my coins out and they don't let me!

ITS MY MONEY and these fucks aren't letting me take it out!

What Bitfinex is doing is not trying to secure the customers funds, but rather trying to make it difficult or even impossible for costumers to take out their money!

~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 05:10:51 PM

I think you are trying to withdraw some large sum of coin thats why you are getting problem. I have only done some small trade with them and have experienced lots of trouble withdrawing coins but not like yours verification problem. Now i have withdrawn almost all i have there withdrawing small amount on single withdraw. Its better i will put my coin in my wallet.

BTCBinary (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 05:20:48 PM

I think you are trying to withdraw some large sum of coin thats why you are getting problem. I have only done some small trade with them and have experienced lots of trouble withdrawing coins but not like yours verification problem. Now i have withdrawn almost all i have there withdrawing small amount on single withdraw. Its better i will put my coin in my wallet.

Nah, I wish it was a big amount. but its only close to half a bitcoin. but I was saving it for my vacations. So, now, besides this withdrawal issue getting on my nerve it is about to ruin my vacations as well.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 05:52:35 PM

It seems they need me to verify my phone  and some other info.
They might be asking you to enable 2FA to your account. If this is the case then a better alternative would be to use google authenticator.

I have been able to withdraw well over 100BTC multiple times with no/little issues, and if your account is BitGo enabled then you should be able to validate that any crypto funds in your account are segregated from their other customer's funds (eg no fractional reserves).

There are however a few things that can cause delays in withdrawing BTC from your bitfinex account. I have noticed that if you request one withdrawal and then request a second withdrawal prior to approving the first one (via the link you receive from them via email) then the 2nd withdrawal will take a long time to process. If you are attempting to withdraw in excess of 200BTC in a 24 hour period, then any withdrawal that puts you over the 200BTC limit will take a long time to be processed because they need to be approved by an admin. I am not 100% sure on this, however if for some reason there are any missing deposits in your account then any withdrawal requests will take a long time to process, possibly because the amount in your BitGo account does not match what is in your bitfinex account, after accounting for adjustments, you should be able to get the missing deposits credited to your account with a single email to support with the txid's in question.   
BTCBinary (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 06:37:04 PM

Ok
THE ISSUE IS NOW SOLVED!

I was complaining with no reason. In fact Bitfinex support already contacted me and my issue is now solved!
They were pretty fast to solve my issues. Now, my regard on their trust level has increased to absolute confidence!

Thanks Bitfinex support!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: