Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:14:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy plot thickens  (Read 1741 times)
Gallagan (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 03:41:51 AM

Yes, the plot does thicken. I have to say I am not very surprised to see it was an inside job.
Hope the guy fries.

http://www.coindesk.com/digital-currency-exchange-cryptsy-ceos-wife-asset-documents/
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 05:05:49 AM

they said that they have opened new wallets for withdrawal but there is no list? anybody know anything?

--looking for signature--
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 08:09:41 AM

That is big time BS, I simply do not buy that. The fact which remains is that he intentionally hid the fact Cryptsy was insolvent for a lot of time.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 08:20:54 AM

That is big time BS, I simply do not buy that. The fact which remains is that he intentionally hid the fact Cryptsy was insolvent for a lot of time.

Exactly, he knew all along money was missing and tried to cover it up even if it was for a "good" cause. This all seems like a perfect scapegoat but it's too late. Either way its always an inside job for every hack, hackers can't get into highly secured servers without confidential info and from the other side of the world. It's not an 80s movie where they hacked the CIA with a landline and a trojan.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 08:33:17 AM

Even with good intentions hiding something like that is bad news as it will ultimately end up like this, in an even bigger mess, Crypsy I thought would be one of the remaining few exchanges it is sad to see them go in this fashion.

A harsh reminder, keep coins on exchanges at your own risk.
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1008

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 11:04:14 AM

I don't think cryptsy has been hacked or their cold address has been accessed by hacker. It will be clear in some days that it is a made up story by the owner to get away with others hard earned money. Lets see there will be or not a legal action against him not only a divorce case right now but also a charge for scamming others.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 11:14:56 AM

i never believe these stories, they are all full of flaws. how can an exchanger be that stupid in the first place to start with. they all have multi signature cold storage wallets which no one can access. i find these hacks to be big fat lies.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
edmundduke
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 01:53:22 PM

Yes, the plot does thicken. I have to say I am not very surprised to see it was an inside job.
Hope the guy fries.

http://www.coindesk.com/digital-currency-exchange-cryptsy-ceos-wife-asset-documents/

The whole Cryptsy thing was a huge mess. It was so obvious that it went scam from the moment the delays started with withdrawal combined with the cloud-mining scam they tried to pull. No matter what "evidence" or what ever they show, find etc, in the end it is just a scam. He knew all along what he was doing and there is no justification for it.
I really hope he and everyone involved gets nailed. Hard.
spud21

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 05:34:56 PM

That story includes a pdf of the court case filed against big vern by his wife who's trying to freeze all his assets in case he runs. It says he has a new Chinese girlfriend and extended his last stay in China from one month to three months. Most of his assets are in crypto, and his wife wants them confiscated because she's frightened he's going to run to China, get citizenship by marrying his new girlfriend and never return.

aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 05:50:20 PM

He's never coming back.  His bitcoins can't be accessed without his private key, so they may never be able to get anything back.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 05:52:58 PM

Most of his assets are in crypto, and his wife wants them confiscated because she's frightened he's going to run to China, get citizenship by marrying his new girlfriend and never return.

That is not possible in China (no foreigner can "get citizenship" and as I'm married to a Chinese I am quite sure of this).

For sure he can move his BTC to China though (there are several exchanges).

Also - he cannot get legally married in China without a legal document from the US stating that he is no longer married there (so his wife should simply not divorce him if she wants to make it harder for him).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Gallagan (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 07:01:35 PM

I don't care if he never comes back as long as someone brings his nuts back to America in a ziplock bag.

That should be worth what I lost.
Oscoda

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 07:47:38 PM

Hope the guy fries.

Something was fishy there and that was sure, but this fishy.
I remember telling my friends Cryptsy was the only reliable exchange out there. Damn was I wrong.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 08:29:09 PM

I don't care if he never comes back as long as someone brings his nuts back to America in a ziplock bag.

Sad to see actual people losing money here, I only comment on these things like it happens to people very far away but sometimes I forget many here actually lose a lot of money. It makes me wonder how all these exchanges are under question no matter how legit they are, I use Poloniex and I hear Kraken is good too, never had any problems and the site works flawlessly but I wonder if there are any signs before something bad happens.
spud21

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 09:48:04 PM

Most of his assets are in crypto, and his wife wants them confiscated because she's frightened he's going to run to China, get citizenship by marrying his new girlfriend and never return.

That is not possible in China (no foreigner can "get citizenship" and as I'm married to a Chinese I am quite sure of this).

For sure he can move his BTC to China though (there are several exchanges).

Also - he cannot get legally married in China without a legal document from the US stating that he is no longer married there (so his wife should simply not divorce him if she wants to make it harder for him).

OK, but is it possible for big vern to flee to China and permanently evade US justice there? I noticed you said you live in China, but your avatar appears western (although it's not necessarily a picture of you).

it would comfort people who lost money on Cryptsy if they know he can't hide from justice forever.

(did you forget that I live in China?)

CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 03:34:48 AM

OK, but is it possible for big vern to flee to China and permanently evade US justice there?

Sure he could travel to China and try and work out visas but as he can't get married (unless his wife has legally divorced him) he would have to leave the country once per year (the general rule for visas here).

So if he were to go to say Hong Kong (a likely place that still is effectively the same as leaving the country for the purpose of a visa) then he could be deported back to the US from there.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Famnant

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 10:41:59 PM

I would like to get back my coins in the Cryptsy. It is a big scam now. Big Vern should be put to justice.
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 08:24:23 PM

OK, but is it possible for big vern to flee to China and permanently evade US justice there?
The US does not have an extradition treaty with China. However, sometimes the Government of China will deport American crooks and let the US have them, and sometimes the US will deport Chinese crooks and let China have them. Also, "Big Vern" will have to get a residency permit in China to stay there for long, and that can be denied.
Jude Austin
Legendary

Activity: 1140

The Real Jude Austin

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 08:27:05 PM

Let's be real, with that amount of money, in China, he can do what ever he wants.

What I want to know is how he ran for so long with out being a registered MSB in all states...

Buy or sell $100 of Crypto and get $10!
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 08:53:51 PM

If he gets deported but has all of his money in a private bitcoin address, there's still no way to get those funds.  I lost some money, but I don't see how we can get it back.  The government can't just seize funds from a bitcoin account.  That's kind of the whole point of it.  In this case it hurts us.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: