Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:49:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Here is my bedtime story for you about moon, market and riching quick  (Read 8869 times)
lucif (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 04:46:08 PM

It was a first book I read being a child. Nikolay Nosov "Dunno on tha Moon".

Znayka discovers that his moon rock (that he obtained from his previous travel to the Moon) creates a no gravity zone when interacting with a magnetic field. He uses this knowledge to build a rocket ship that will go to the moon much more easily because of being virtually weightless. However, Dunno and Ponchik are not allowed to go; Dunno, because of his undisciplined behavior, and Ponchik, because of his inability to cope with non-gravity effects. The night before the rocket launch, Dunno and Ponchik sneak into the ship and accidentally launch the rocket.

When they arrive on the moon, Dunno and Ponchik become separated and Dunno falls through a cave and discovers a whole separate society of mites living inside the moon. However, unlike on Earth, these mites do not have "giant food" (that is, their fruit and vegetables are sized in proportion to the mites, rather than to normal humans like on Earth). The moon society is a corrupt capitalistic state: the millionaires control all the factories and squander their money away on unnecessary luxuries, the police is violent, corrupt, and stupid, everyday citizens struggle to survive and live in rat infested barracks
Dunno gets thrown into jail for not having money to pay for his meal at a restaurant and is mistaken for a wanted criminal by the stupid police officers. In jail he meets Miga - a fast-talking schemer, and Kozlik - a poor, gentle worker. Upon getting released from jail, Miga introduces Kozlik and Dunno to Zhulio - another con man, and the four decide to start a company selling stocks to raise money to get "giant seeds" from Dunno's rocket ship and plant them on the moon. The stocks sell well and soon the four friends have lots of money.

However, some of the local millionaire businessmen are worried that giant food will mean that poor workers can get richer and the millionaires may lose money. Their leader, Spruts, convinces Miga and Zhulio to steal the money and run leaving Dunno and Kozlik jobless and penniless.

Meanwhile, Ponchik finds the same cave and also goes inside the moon. However, he quickly discovers salt and opens his own business making and selling it. He becomes a millionaire but then becomes bankrupt when the price of salt becomes too low. Then Ponchik becomes an average worker.

Dunno and Kozlik work odd jobs but are still starving and living in poverty in a rat infested basement. Kozlik gets bit by a rat and becomes sick. Just then, Dunno gets a job as a dog nanny for a rich woman and makes enough money for a doctor for Kozlik who slowly recovers, but the rich woman finds out that Dunno took her dogs to the rat infested basement and fires him. Dunno and Kozlik then end up living on the street. Since Kozlik has lost his hat and Dunno lost his shoes they are breaking the law and get sent to Fool's Island which has a toxic gas that turns all the people there into sheep which are then sheared for their wool.

Later Dunno's friends come to Moon with giant seeds, which results in elimination of poverty and establishment of a communism-like economical system.

Thats all folks. Sleep tight Smiley
myself
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 04:52:28 PM

i loled

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2013, 05:15:56 PM

God bless Mother Russia
Vicus

Activity: 798

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 05:24:34 PM

i loled

why so loled?
This exciting tale was loved by soviet children. I'm not an exeption Smiley
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 05:40:15 PM

Don't mess with other people's rocketships. Got it.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 05:40:22 PM

God bless Mother Russia

lol

no wonder we won the Cold War.  Wink
lucif (OP)

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 08:02:06 PM

Some pics of giant seeds exposed to sociaty of mites

http://codinginmysleep.com/coding-in-my-sleep-goes-to-ces/
kimmeriets
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 08:59:48 AM

God bless Mother Russia

lol

no wonder we won the Cold War.  Wink
that already?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 02:34:32 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2013, 04:44:10 PM by DannyHamilton

Interesting story.

I see elements of H.G. Wells "First Men In the Moon" there:
Two men build a space ship out of a material that negates gravity. They travel to the moon where the become separated. They discover insect like creatures living below the moons surface. They are captured and imprisoned, eventually escaping.  However, in the H.G. Wells story, one man brings gold that he discovered on the moon back to earth with him making him wealthy.

I noticed a bit from Pinocchio as well (sending the misbehaving boys to "Fools Island" which turns them into sheep").
Vicus

Activity: 798

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 04:30:05 PM

Interesting story.

I see elements of H.G. Wells "First Men In the Moon" there:
Two men build a space ship out of a material that negates gravity. They travel to the moon where the become separated. They discover insect like creatures living below the moons surface. They are captured and imprisoned, eventually escaping.  However, in the H.G. Wells story, one boy brings gold that he discovered on the moon back to earth with him making him wealthy.

I noticed a bit from Pinocchio as well (sending the misbehaving boys to "Fools Island" which turns them into sheep").
For Pinocchio in Russia we have own story: Buratino.
https://www.google.ru/search?num=10&hl=ru&newwindow=1&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1920&bih=978&q=%D0%B1%D1%83%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%BE&oq=%D0%91%D1%83%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%BD%D0%BE&gs_l=img.3.0.0i10.1221.2732.0.4434.7.7.0.0.0.0.185.1094.1j6.7.0...0.0...1ac.1.vw-xxX0bGEc
Cartoon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBrVN3wiuV8
or film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrwWzoz710E

And what is more: we have russian counterpart of "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" named "The Wizard of the Emerald City". Unlike in original version we have 6 books in that series and minimum two spinoff's by other authors Smiley
mobodick

Activity: 840

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 08:33:07 PM

Jesus christ, what a bunch of dumb asses these guys are.
There is so much opportunity and they just won't take it.
Society squandering money and living in unnecessary luxury? Open a bank!
Rat infested barracks? Open a kebab shop!
What's there not to like?
But no, the duo goes out to eat in fancy resturangs and tries to rob them blind.
And then what, becoming a milionaire with salt but then failing to sell on time? mutherf*%#ng facepalm.
And then the giant fruit.
Did you ever buy really big giant fruit? And why not?
Because fruit rots. Big fruit rots big time.
By the end of the week your giant fruit will have become a giant pool of fermenting ooze.
I'm guessing the story doesnt mention me acquiring a monopoly on the idea of XL refrigerators but that is besides the point.
The point is, they really haven't got a clue and should have never  left  earth  in  the  first  place !

So i was thinking,.. maybe we can sell them some bitcoin....
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 08:34:53 PM

Jesus christ, what a bunch of dumb asses these guys are.
There is so much opportunity and they just won't take it.
Society squandering money and living in unnecessary luxury? Open a bank!
Rat infested barracks? Open a kebab shop!
What's there not to like?
But no, the duo goes out to eat in fancy resturangs and tries to rob them blind.
And then what, becoming a milionaire with salt but then failing to sell on time? mutherf*%#ng facepalm.
And then the giant fruit.
Did you ever buy really big giant fruit? And why not?
Because fruit rots. Big fruit rots big time.
By the end of the week your giant fruit will have become a giant pool of fermenting ooze.
I'm guessing the story doesnt mention me acquiring a monopoly on the idea of XL refrigerators but that is besides the point.
The point is, they really haven't got a clue and should have never  left  earth  in  the  first  place !

but they won't buy it since it's such an obvious scam.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 09:03:39 PM

lol  Cheesy
lucif (OP)

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 07:36:44 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2013, 08:34:39 AM by lucif

The story continues

https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=1041.msg3093#msg3093

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2013, 10:39:49 AM

A fun read for the children:

The adventures of Johnathan Gullible
http://www.bastiatinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/jonathangulliblecomm.pdf

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
lucif (OP)

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 12:20:58 PM

Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 12:16:42 AM

Indeed it does:

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/content/129-13-jan-13-asic-update.html

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
lucif (OP)

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 04:30:11 AM

Hehe, you must be kidding? Promises?
tpantlik

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 12:07:18 PM

Ahh, "Neználek na měsíci", my favourite book of childhood  Smiley. But comrades did a poor job - I liked the book, but the economics and social aspects in these stories never catch my attention  Grin

Gods sent us a powerful tool - cryptography - to fight with those who are trying to exploit us. USE IT!!
lucif (OP)

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 12:52:12 AM

I congratulate AVALON with passing through all skeptics, trollings, temptations and borders described and missed here.

I really surprised that unknown group of nerds was able to bring somthing really new and amazing to the world. This really surprised me. Hat off.

However that was a kickstart and situation still evolves.

In a name of science: QUESTION EVERYTHING.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: