Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 04:24:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitFinex give you more speculation tools: BSI, BII, BRS, BGS  (Read 4579 times)
myself (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 12:51:12 PM

Bitfinex Irrational Index

This index analyzes user behavior on the market and reflects their coherence and commitment to make profit
Irrational Index for Bear: 1.9
Irrational Index for Bull: 1.4
Bitfinex Risk Score

The risk score shows how much traders are willing to risk on the market
Bitfinex Risk Score: 159.0
Bitfinex Greed Score

This score shows how much bitfinex users love and are able to make profit
Bitfinex Greed Score: 408.0

risk on for the week end

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
Ichthyo

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 04:35:08 AM

While I understand that you do not want to reveal the math behind those indices, I'd welcome any help for interpreting them. The sentiment index is self explanatory, but all the other ones are enticing, but not very much revealing. For example, is risk score == 154.0 high or low? Can we apply any units of measurement? like e.g. "the average user is willing to blow $154 through the chimney right now". At least you might indicate some qualitative ranges or show some past graphs, so we can deduce what is "normal".

just saying -- I am well aware that you have other much more important stuff in the development pipeline on Bitfinex
myself (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 05:29:48 AM

hmmmm i will put together some wiki info for that today

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
myself (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 06:40:13 PM

https://community.bitfinex.com/showwiki.php?title=Bitfinex+Risk+Score
happy with that ?  Grin

myself (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 11:48:45 PM

@ Ichthyo i posted this https://community.bitfinex.com/showwiki.php?title=Bitfinex+Greed+Score and note to compare this score so you can determine if bitfinex users on average gain or lose money   Grin

Ichthyo

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 06:37:35 AM

thanks, these explanations are really helpful
myself (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 04:26:15 PM

edit:
myself: also this is the first time this month that on average BFX users are losing money 5:31 PM

Ichthyo

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 04:57:01 PM

myself: also this is the first time this month that on average BFX users are losing money 5:31 PM
[/quote]

we can conclude that from the risk score being larger than the greed score, correct?
myself (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 05:20:45 PM

we can conclude that from the risk score being larger than the greed score, correct?
also the sentiment index is bullish but the market went down

myself (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 09:31:56 AM

and bull dont take profits of the table .. start to worry me all that greed

myself (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 01:33:37 PM

Bitfinex Risk Score

The risk score shows how much traders are willing to risk on the market
Bitfinex Risk Score: 90.0
Bitfinex Greed Score

This score shows how much bitfinex users love and are able to make profit
Bitfinex Greed Score: 3082.0
so most BFX traders on the average are on the good side of the market and they are in huge profits, just remember nobody went broke taking profits so dont be afraid to take profits, the profit is not profit untill you close the position

drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 03:16:37 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2013, 03:47:13 PM by drawingthesun

What types of profits are the traders making? I tried day trading on Gox a while back and lost money.
myself (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 03:38:32 PM

What type of profits are the traders making? I tried day trading on Gox a while back and lost money.
i am unable to tell you that and even if i had access to that information is wont disclose it  you will have to ask traders about that

example: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=144461.0

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2013, 03:50:20 PM

I was able to get on the site last night at home and saw that lending of dollars has over 100% annual return while Bitcoin lending yields 4%.

Even if you do not like Bitcoin or want to play the market, getting a 100% return is a pretty decent place to keep your money.

Though the risk factor is BitFinex itself at that point. Surely, if it were a bank with a track record, 100% returns on loans would be filled quickly.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
myself (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 04:06:32 PM

Though the risk factor is BitFinex itself at that point.
the main focus is to liquidate ppl if is need to happen and dont lose lenders money

example some wonder why the margin call it goes ON so early https://community.bitfinex.com/showthread.php/153-How-to-keep-your-position-open
I am guessing that I need to have enough money to cover my loss in the "profit/loss" number. Do I need an additional margin?

drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 04:14:47 PM

the main focus is to liquidate ppl if is need to happen and dont lose lenders money

I was under the impression if lenders lost money this is covered by Bitfinex to some degree?

Quote from: bitfinex 
https://www.bitfinex.com/pages/howitworks
The exchange risk is taken on by the trader, and, in case his position loses money, he will cover the loss with funds in his trading wallet. If by any chances losses are greater than what the trader can afford, the loss is on Bitfinex, we will cover for the missing amount.
myself (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 04:20:04 PM

I was under the impression if lenders lost money this is covered by Bitfinex to some degree?
yes is covered at 100% by BFX, so if the traders get to negative balance (so far we did not have a case) and cant repay the loans BFX need to put money from its pocket for the lender and the trader needs to deposit the money he lost, this is how brokers work

bad english  lol sorry if you get confused

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2013, 06:47:09 PM

yes is covered at 100% by BFX, so if the traders get to negative balance (so far we did not have a case) and cant repay the loans BFX need to put money from its pocket for the lender and the trader needs to deposit the money he lost, this is how brokers work

bad english  lol sorry if you get confused

Again, that is why I say that the risk is BitFinex itself. From what I understand it is run by a guy in France as a side job. While I have every bit of faith in his intentions and applaud his initiative, if everything tanks, he will likely not be able to cover anything overly huge.

But yes, if I was someone who were holding on to dollars, a chunk of it would be in BitFinex getting a 100%+ return.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
myself (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 06:50:17 PM

Again, that is why I say that the risk is BitFinex itself. From what I understand it is run by a guy in France as a side job. While I have every bit of faith in his intentions and applaud his initiative, if everything tanks, he will likely not be able to cover anything overly huge.

But yes, if I was someone who were holding on to dollars, a chunk of it would be in BitFinex getting a 100%+ return.
here is the formula so you can make numbers https://community.bitfinex.com/showwiki.php?title=Margin+Call

Ichthyo

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 06:40:01 AM

...what is also nice with Bitfinex is that besides the margin trading, there is also a "exchange" section where you can just forward trades to Mt.Gox. Thus, if you're in just with a few bitcoins, and you think there will be some ditch in the rates, you can sell off your bitcoins right in there and "park" the USD you got in the lending section. Obviously this won't make you rich, but I like that as a smart idea.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: