Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:46:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin 2013: The Future of Payments - San Jose, CA - May 17-19, 2013  (Read 17341 times)
workingforbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 09:23:03 PM

Hi everyone!  I'd like to take a minute to announce the Bitcoin Foundation's upcoming conference, Bitcoin 2013: The Future of Payments.  It will take place in San Jose, CA, May 17-19, 2013.  The content will include panel discussions, keynote speakers, a hackathon, VC pitches and much more!  Full details can be found on the conference website: www.bitcoin2013.com

Note that this is a "soft launch" of the website - we are looking for interested sponsors and panelists to submit their information.  In order to receive sponsorship and exhibitor details, make a request through the site, and I will follow up with you individually.  Attendee registration will be up soon, and you can submit your email address through the site to be notified when it's available.

I've also answered many questions on this forum thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=134175.0

We hope to see you there!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2013, 03:29:17 AM

Hi everyone!  I'd like to take a minute to announce the Bitcoin Foundation's upcoming conference, Bitcoin 2013: The Future of Payments.  It will take place in San Jose, CA, May 17-19, 2013.  The content will include panel discussions, keynote speakers, a hackathon, VC pitches and much more!  Full details can be found on the conference website: www.bitcoin2013.com

Note that this is a "soft launch" of the website - we are looking for interested sponsors and panelists to submit their information.  In order to receive sponsorship and exhibitor details, make a request through the site, and I will follow up with you individually.  Attendee registration will be up soon, and you can submit your email address through the site to be notified when it's available.

I've also answered many questions on this forum thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=134175.0

We hope to see you there!

Hey, Lindsay. Check the links on this page: https://bitcoinfoundation.org/blog/bitcoin2013.com/bitcoin2013.com/bitcoin2013.com/

Neither of the bold text link correctly.

Interested panelists should submit a request through the conference website.

Interested sponsors, exhibitors, and attendees can also request more information from the conference website.
workingforbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 08:03:58 PM

Thanks for letting me know - I've updated the blog links.
workingforbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 05:29:57 PM

Registration for the Bitcoin 2013 conference in San Jose is now open!  You can register by going to the bitcoin2013.com site and clicking the "Register Now" button, or the "Attendees" tab.  We hope to see you there!
dacoinminster
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2013, 06:03:37 PM

I registered!

I have no idea what activities and speakers I paid $250 for, or why they asked me about dietary restrictions, but this is the first bitcoin conference in the U.S., and I wouldn't miss it!

Here's some additional info from another thread:

Hi everyone,
Apologies for neglecting the forum in an *official* announcement.  I've started an announcement thread and I will try to answer some of the questions you've posted:

Who is running it?
The Bitcoin Foundation

Is it just going to be panels, or will there be individual speakers, breakout rooms, etc?
Moreover, whether all panels or not, is this the type of panel (or similar) to be expected at Bitcoin2013 shown in the following video?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poSouQFcb0Q
There will be keynote speakers and panels, and we are also encouraging attendees to self-form panels or suggest topics.  Yes, the panel discussions will be similar in format to the video referenced.  To make a request to be a panelist or speaker, submit your information through the conference website Panelists page: http://www.bitcoin2013.com/panelists.html

If I go to the website, there is only a submission form to be part of a panel discussion (worthless, imho). Where do I submit a paper or sign up to give a talk?
As noted on the site, if you are interested in presenting on a different topic, you should submit a request through the Panelists page as well - please choose "Other" under "Panel Topic" when making your request.  If you want to submit a paper, make a note of that in your request.

BTW, the website makes no mention of conference ticket cost. 
We are working on getting attendee registration up and running - it should be available in the next couple of weeks, at which point we'll publish the ticket cost.  You can submit your name and email on the site (www.bitcoin2013.com) to be notified when attendee registration is available.

If I am cost-conscience, are there any hotels available cheaper than those with "blocks" allocated to the conference?
You are welcome to look into other options, but those are the official room blocks available.  The four hotels offered are closest to the convention center.

Will the discussions/talks be record with quality cameras...?
As an A/V technician, professionally, I handle a lot of events like this. As a Bitcoin Foundation member, I will be attending with some solid HD gear. All I would request is for a good spot in the back and a direct XLR connection to the mix for high quality sound. I'm also a Newtek Certified presenter, and can run a TriCaster 8000 if we want to do this thing live over livestream.com to the world, which can simultaneously integrate live social media streams.
...announcing that everything will be livestreamed for free could be counterproductive, as it would reduce the incentive for people to fly in and attend.
We are definitely interested in recording the panels.  As previously mentioned on this thread, livestreaming would reduce the number of people who would come to the event, and we see a lot of value in those in-person interactions.  At this point, it's not something we're planning.  If we're able to record, however, we'll definitely post the videos after the event.  We are looking into costs of recording, etc.  thefiniteidea, thanks for volunteering to help us - I'll be in touch to discuss further.

will reliable WiFi access be available in the events room(s)?
Yes, absolutely.  We are working with the onsite communications team to have wifi available throughout the entire event.

Let me know if I missed anything.  Thanks for all your input!

constitution

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 11:51:45 PM

I registered!

I have no idea what activities and speakers I paid $250 for, or why they asked me about dietary restrictions, but this is the first bitcoin conference in the U.S., and I wouldn't miss it!

Here's some additional info from another thread:

Hi everyone,
Apologies for neglecting the forum in an *official* announcement.  I've started an announcement thread and I will try to answer some of the questions you've posted:

Who is running it?
The Bitcoin Foundation

Is it just going to be panels, or will there be individual speakers, breakout rooms, etc?
Moreover, whether all panels or not, is this the type of panel (or similar) to be expected at Bitcoin2013 shown in the following video?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poSouQFcb0Q
There will be keynote speakers and panels, and we are also encouraging attendees to self-form panels or suggest topics.  Yes, the panel discussions will be similar in format to the video referenced.  To make a request to be a panelist or speaker, submit your information through the conference website Panelists page: http://www.bitcoin2013.com/panelists.html

If I go to the website, there is only a submission form to be part of a panel discussion (worthless, imho). Where do I submit a paper or sign up to give a talk?
As noted on the site, if you are interested in presenting on a different topic, you should submit a request through the Panelists page as well - please choose "Other" under "Panel Topic" when making your request.  If you want to submit a paper, make a note of that in your request.

BTW, the website makes no mention of conference ticket cost. 
We are working on getting attendee registration up and running - it should be available in the next couple of weeks, at which point we'll publish the ticket cost.  You can submit your name and email on the site () to be notified when attendee registration is available.

If I am cost-conscience, are there any hotels available cheaper than those with "blocks" allocated to the conference?
You are welcome to look into other options, but those are the official room blocks available.  The four hotels offered are closest to the convention center.

Will the discussions/talks be record with quality cameras...?
As an A/V technician, professionally, I handle a lot of events like this. As a Bitcoin Foundation member, I will be attending with some solid HD gear. All I would request is for a good spot in the back and a direct XLR connection to the mix for high quality sound. I'm also a Newtek Certified presenter, and can run a TriCaster 8000 if we want to do this thing live over livestream.com to the world, which can simultaneously integrate live social media streams.
...announcing that everything will be livestreamed for free could be counterproductive, as it would reduce the incentive for people to fly in and attend.
We are definitely interested in recording the panels.  As previously mentioned on this thread, livestreaming would reduce the number of people who would come to the event, and we see a lot of value in those in-person interactions.  At this point, it's not something we're planning.  If we're able to record, however, we'll definitely post the videos after the event.  We are looking into costs of recording, etc.  thefiniteidea, thanks for volunteering to help us - I'll be in touch to discuss further.

will reliable WiFi access be available in the events room(s)?
Yes, absolutely.  We are working with the onsite communications team to have wifi available throughout the entire event.

Let me know if I missed anything.  Thanks for all your input!

You had to pay 250$??
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2013, 12:01:02 AM

I registered!

Well more like the third in the US.  I wish I could go though!

Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2013, 04:57:54 PM

I registered!

Well more like the third in the US.  I wish I could go though!
This is quite obviously the 2nd international conference in the US.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 05:13:31 AM

A friendly bump, to further discuss the latest without the drama the other thread(s) developed.

Hate to take you away from some shiny new toy, but just wondering if there's anything of value that you can lay on us.

Thanks, TBF.

~Bruno K~
workingforbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 08:11:19 PM

We just announced our list of panelists, speakers, and topics for Bitcoin 2013.  You can check it out on the conference website: www.bitcoin2013.com  Register before March 15 to get early bird pricing - we hope to see you there!
dacoinminster
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2013, 11:09:39 PM

We just announced our list of panelists, speakers, and topics for Bitcoin 2013.  You can check it out on the conference website: www.bitcoin2013.com  Register before March 15 to get early bird pricing - we hope to see you there!

Since Gavin is at the top and I'm at the bottom I assumed at first that the list was in order of importance, then I realized that it was alphabetical by last name Smiley

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2013, 05:37:19 AM

We just announced our list of panelists, speakers, and topics for Bitcoin 2013.  You can check it out on the conference website: www.bitcoin2013.com  Register before March 15 to get early bird pricing - we hope to see you there!

Since Gavin is at the top and I'm at the bottom I assumed at first that the list was in order of importance, then I realized that it was alphabetical by last name Smiley

http://www.bitcoin2013.com/bitcoin-2013-panelists.html

And you wouldn't be the last on the list if MNW were to present, but I guess we don't see that happening. He was originally on the London conference list, but that didn't materialize.

What I really came here for was to post a friendly bump and link the panelists page above.

Also, to see if there's an interest for those attending the conference to hear me present how Bitcoin can improve philanthropic efforts through an enhanced entity currently known as Bitcoin 100.

There's no argument to when Bitcoin breaks-out, NPOs and NGOs, alike, will slowly start embedding Bitcoin donation buttons unto their respective websites, with entities such as BitPay acting as the liaison to convert bitcoins to their local currency prior to depositing the funds into their bank accounts. Even when Bitcoin becomes mainstream, I believe a Bitcoin-100-type entity still needs to be in place to facilitate the process, coupled with acting as a liaison of sorts to address any and all concerns that would most certainly arise. And be self-funded, not needing to solicit further donations from bitcoiners or elsewhere.

If you feel that what I've outlined above on how I believe I can accomplish such a feat, and would like to learn more while attending Bitcoin2013, please let me know by posting here. I would love to give such a presentation, as well as sit on some appropriate panel.

Having been on stage probably over a couple hundred times during my entertaining years in Nashville, I'm pretty sure I still remember how to hold a microphone, assuming microphones are to be used opposed to one being audio-assimilated like a Borg.

I look forward to your replies, with apologies for posting such a request in this thread. I believe Bitcoin2013 will turn out to be an exceptional event. Now, only if we can can get one more female on the panelist list, otherwise Rainey will be forced to go to the lady's room alone.

~Bruno K~
n8rwJeTt8TrrLKPa55eU

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 04:35:52 AM

Also, to see if there's an interest for those attending the conference to hear me present how Bitcoin can improve philanthropic efforts through an enhanced entity currently known as Bitcoin 100.

I'll attend, as long sure you don't schedule it opposite Gavin or some other unmissable talk...
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 07:02:01 AM

For anyone who might be interested, earlier that week in San Francisco is Finovate Spring:

Concourse Exhibition Center
635 8th Street (at Brannan)
San Francisco, CA 94103

May 14, & 15, 2013

- http://www.finovate.com/spring2013/

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2013, 05:36:18 AM

Approaching fast!

Concerned about video quality. Any updates on this front?
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 09:00:34 PM

Today is the last day to register for $250 instead of $300.

I just registered.

See you guys in May!

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 07:36:12 PM

Ok, actually I think *today* is the last day to reg at $250...

Who else is going?

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 07:44:31 PM

I will be there.
candoo

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 07:46:26 PM

Which is the best hotel in that area? Can you recommed me one? I do fly-in from german for that event.

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
thefiniteidea

Activity: 509
Merit: 564

"In Us We Trust"

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 11:30:13 PM

I will be there as well, probably glued to my phone on BitcoinTal... oh wait, it's a Bitcoin Conference?

nice Cool
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: