Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:38:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to make a bitcoin lottery website  (Read 507 times)
rabitudu191093 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 05:29:17 PM

Hi,
You guys must be aware of the popular cloudmining website Hasnet.com
Yes you are, most of you, definitely! Here's the thing: they have lucky hash where you get to buy tickets(max 100 per round per user) priced at 0.001BTC each. At the end of the round a lucky draw is carried out and winner takes all i.e ~3BTC worth Antminer s7.
I'm interested in making a similar website where you get 2.9 BTC and we keep the 0.1BTC for running the website, etc.
How's the idea? i know it's stolen but will it work? Anyone thinks it's cool? If a site like that is up and running we could even use Blockchain based gaming interface or session based game integration like just-dice or satoshidice. What say folks?
P. S.- I'm not a programmer.
ocean666

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 05:30:06 PM

Hi,
Yes you are, most of you, definitely! Here's the thing: they have lucky hash where you get to buy tickets(max 100 per round per user) priced at 0.001BTC each. At the end of the round a lucky draw is carried out and winner takes all i.e ~3BTC worth Antminer s7.
I'm interested in making a similar website where you get 2.9 BTC and we keep the 0.1BTC for running the website, etc.
How's the idea? i know it's stolen but will it work? Anyone thinks it's cool? If a site like that is up and running we could even use Blockchain based gaming interface or session based game integration like just-dice or satoshidice. What say folks?
You're retarded!
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 05:57:02 PM

Hi,
You're retarded!

Why the idea may be hard to implement for someone that does not program, name calling is not really going to get you or the poster anywhere.
rabitudu191093 (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 06:05:15 PM

Hi,
You're retarded!

Why the idea may be hard to implement for someone that does not program, name calling is not really going to get you or the poster anywhere.
Thanks!!
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 06:11:46 PM

The biggest factor I see is getting enough people interested each round and getting them to trust you with their bitcoin.  Trust is everything and you are a new account that will be asking people to blindly send 3 btc to your lottery.  Historically that has not worked out well and you will have a hard time gathering a following to participate.

Further, you are running a lottery which is very probably illegal in your jurisdiction.  Even if it is not, you still can't run one in other places where it is, ie US or any other major country, which is where the majority of the players you are hoping to use your site will be from.  So basically, it would most probably be illegal to run, and you would have to not let users participate from countries where it is illegal to run, you would have basically no customer base unless you wanted to run it illegally, in which case, then you have to worry about the feds raining all hell down on you.

Basically, it is not going to work.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
morantis

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 06:13:01 PM

Hi,
You're retarded!

Thanks!!

This may be done with a pre-made script that you did not program, not sure if there is one out there.  Even if you were to get hosting, buy or download and script and manage to get it running on your server, without programming knowledge you are in danger that something could break and then your clients are up the creek until you get someone to fix it.  These things happen and can be really easy to fix if you know what you are doing and looking for.  We recently had a site go down after the server rebooted.  It was as simple as a service that was not set to run on boot and we fixed it in less than two minute.  Thing is that required logging into the VPS through SSH, reading through the Apache logs, starting the service and then set the service to start on boot.  If any of those things sound confusing, then you may want to partner with someone that has the knowledge.  I did not make them sound hard on purpose, lol.  And none of that is anywhere near what I consider coding or programming, that is just everyday stuff to running a server and website.
coinhelper

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 06:18:15 PM

Hi,

This could work!
Remove the maximum (that would just annoy).
Ask people to input, no need really to have a website, just do it manually on the forum in games and rounds section.
Pay 2.999 to each user (at the start).
Sell 3000 tickets and pay instantly (based on last block not next).

Probably better to start with 500 tickets and a prize of 0.495BTC to get te word of moth going and the game to be trustworthy.
morantis

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 06:23:21 PM

Hi,

This could work!
Ask people to input, no need really to have a website, just do it manually on the forum in games and rounds section.

Probably better to start with 500 tickets and a prize of 0.495BTC to get te word of moth going and the game to be trustworthy.

If you do it through the forum, let me know and I can maybe help.  Even doing it through here, you should probably have at least a one page website where people can see things like the history.
coinhelper

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 06:27:46 PM

Hi,

This could work!

If you do it through the forum, let me know and I can maybe help.  Even doing it through here, you should probably have at least a one page website where people can see things like the history.

You could easily use a spreadsheet from google docs with an archive  old results and one page of the newest result and the winer, along with te infomration used to calculate it!

If you want to do this on the forum, I could probably help you.
It would look better as no one would accuse me as a signature spammer or anything.
I have a few ideas to contribute to this as well for a 50% share of your profits.
rabitudu191093 (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 06:38:07 PM

Hi,

This could work!

If you do it through the forum, let me know and I can maybe help.  Even doing it through here, you should probably have at least a one page website where people can see things like the history.

You could easily use a spreadsheet from google docs with an archive  old results and one page of the newest result and the winer, along with te infomration used to calculate it!

It would look better as no one would accuse me as a signature spammer or anything.
I have a few ideas to contribute to this as well for a 50% share of your profits.
Thanks!
I have fair bit of idea about google docs.
ocean666

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 06:40:31 PM

Hi,

This could work!

I'm in. And I'm trustworthy!
Knock tudu out I'm in his place  Wink Grin
rabitudu191093 (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 06:45:21 PM

Okay. How do we start?
ocean666

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 06:47:43 PM

Okay. How do we start?
Hey dude I'm sorry I like the idea I was just taking your case. Put me in too.
morantis

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 06:48:43 PM

Okay. How do we start?

Check your local regs first, will be back after the office, late tonight.
rabitudu191093 (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 06:53:00 PM

Indian citizens are free to play international lotteries using an online lottery ticket concierge service. International lotteries are not subject to the usual Indian gambling laws as the draws take place outside the country allowing residents of all Indian states to play regardless of the gambling laws in any particular state.
It doesn't say anything about creating one online though!
rabitudu191093 (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 07:27:13 PM

Alright guys, I've made a form here's the link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1aJjefep3kA2aaYMNSkHdOr4c3F3E6CB0Mmki12bJuHo/viewform
How will it work(you may modify and make it better)
- You visit the address to make sure the balance is less than 3BTC(considering 3000 draws are to be made) so that you don't place any bets after that.
- You send the defined amount(0.001BTC) to the address, then you fill out the form.
- Any user exceeding the limit is refunded(3001st, 3002nd,... pay).
- Randomly select a number
- Send the prize to the winner
- Make the sheet public.
coinhelper

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 04:38:54 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2016, 04:53:08 PM by coinhelper

Alright guys, I've made a form here's the link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1aJjefep3kA2aaYMNSkHdOr4c3F3E6CB0Mmki12bJuHo/viewform
How will it work(you may modify and make it better)
- You visit the address to make sure the balance is less than 3BTC(considering 3000 draws are to be made) so that you don't place any bets after that.
- You send the defined amount(0.001BTC) to the address, then you fill out the form.
- Any user exceeding the limit is refunded(3001st, 3002nd,... pay).
- Randomly select a number
- Send the prize to the winner
- Make the sheet public.

It would be much better if you put the number of tickets the user wants, the bitcoin address and a confirmation service to ensure it has sent, otherwise, people may get confused!

HASHNEST also don't have a licence for gambling (as they are a trade platform).
The number should be selected from blocks on blockchain, or last entrant, or even subtracting their time in seconds of the last block-the last bet (seconds) giving you a number that can be ued.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: