Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 03:03:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EHEREUM SCAM EXPOSED: Garage In The Woods Operation  (Read 13542 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 02:24:48 PM

Does the pump of Ethereum just finish and the hot money is moving to the Moneoro? I think it is long over due.

Ostensibly Ethereum insiders held a lot of ETH and BTC which they could use to sell it to themselves over and over again to drive up the fake price on the exchanges. The price was not likely driven by very much hot money. The only requirement was that the true buyers (not the insiders) exceed the sellers so that the insiders could be net sellers.

Once there are more sellers than buyers, then the insiders can't continue the manipulation thus the price collapses. But if the selling subsides, the insiders can start pumping it again. But it depends on whether any buyers will be motivated to buy. It is a rollercoaster//yoyo game that extracts money from the speculators. Everyone is a net loser over time, except the bandit insiders who fleece the community.

Monero in theory doesn't have this centralization of the float and thus can't in theory be P&D like that. So it might be difficult to light the speculative fever necessary to get such a dramatic price rise. But realize that not that much hot money was involved in the recent ETH P&D. Only Poloniex and Kraken know for sure. Perhaps only a few $millions or much less  Huh

bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc (OP)

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 07:32:44 AM

Reminder that Ethereum is a scam coin.
ryepdx

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 07:51:06 AM

I really don't think it is. It definitely works, definitely brings something new to the table, and is definitely trading.

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 07:54:15 AM

I really don't think it is. It definitely works, definitely brings something new to the table, and is definitely trading.

Some facts about scam coin Ethereum. The following facts are undeniable. Because of this fact, Ethereum is automatically a worthless scam coin that is enjoying its 15 minutes of fame. Nothing more. But it will certainly become a lot less.

1. IPO Coin ****ALARM ALARM ALARM --> ALL IPO COINS ARE SCAMS. NO EXCEPTION**

2. Unlimited supply. Ethereum Scam Coin doesn't have max cap on coins like the only 2 legitimate cryptocurrencies Bitcoin & Litecoin. Ethereum is, in this regard, the same as dogecoin.

3. The main exchange where Ethereum Scam Coin is traded at is Poloniex, an exchange operating from a shed in the middle of the woods --> LOL

4. It has been proven that Ethereum Scam Coin volume is 95% fake and 5% of it is from noobs who believe it will overtake Bitcoin.

5. Ethereum has no liquidity. Try selling $10k worth of Ethereum. Coin's value will collapse immediately. LOL.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 08:14:08 AM

3. The main exchange where Ethereum Scam Coin is traded at is Poloniex, an exchange operating from a shed in the middle of the woods --> LOL

This is already debunked. The address cited here is a corporate registration service (apparently running out of the same building as a law office -- see picture below) located in what appears to be a commercial neighborhood. That has nothing to do with where the exchange is operating.

https://www.49dollarmontanaregisteredagent.com

thoth-Atlantian

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

I AM

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 08:20:49 AM

May help if it is spelt correctly in the thread title,

Also Bittrex has $300k Volume

I thought it was odd that 1ex.trade didnt add it,

They Vet all new coins as part of there KYC and also as they are having banks attached cant have illegal scam coins

Eth with all it's volume wasnt added..... hmmmm

www.dlsag.ch      1ex.trade
ryepdx

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 08:27:21 AM

1. IPO Coin ****ALARM ALARM ALARM --> ALL IPO COINS ARE SCAMS. NO EXCEPTION**

You saying "SCAM," but I'm not sure it means the same thing to you as it does to me. The danger with IPO coins, in my opinion, is that the devs just take the money from the presale and run. That constitutes a scam. I don't think you can say it's a scam when tokens have been issued, wallets released, and applications built on top of it. I think at that point you've pretty well gotten what you bought and any further return just comes down to the merits of the coin.

Anyway, "avoid ICOs" is a great heuristic, but it's not proof positive of a scam. I personally feel that the period of danger involved in ICOs has long passed.

2. Unlimited supply. Ethereum Scam Coin doesn't have max cap on coins like the only 2 legitimate cryptocurrencies Bitcoin & Litecoin. Ethereum is, in this regard, the same as dogecoin.

Not as undeniable as you assert. There may be a cap, but then again there may not be. Most of what I've heard indicates that there will either be no or very low inflation when the switch is made to proof of stake. At present, it has lower inflation than Bitcoin did in its first few years.

And to be honest, I don't think an absolute hard cap is necessary for a coin to have value. We know Ethereum's rate of inflation will approach zero as time goes on, if it's not set to zero outright at the switch to POS. If the rate of coin loss and rate of economic growth combined outpace the rate of inflation, you get net deflation.

You've repeated this a lot, but I thought this had been addressed: there's a good chance that the address is simply the address where legal notices are to be sent.

That said, I don't trust exchanges in general. I've been around since 2011, and this rule has served me well. I never keep anything of value on exchanges and so have lost nothing when an exchange has gone under. I think most people should do the same.

4. It has been proven that Ethereum Scam Coin volume is 95% fake and 5% of it is from noobs who believe it will overtake Bitcoin.

Can you link me to your proof?

5. Ethereum has no liquidity. Try selling $10k worth of Ethereum. Coin's value will collapse immediately. LOL.

Sorry, I don't see how this point relates to whether Ethereum is a scam or not. Low liquidity in a new cryptocurrency that people are still trying to get their heads around would hardly be surprising, and it doesn't speak at all to Ethereum's fundamentals.

And at any rate, I've seen sell orders much bigger than that get gobbled up. Fake volume, as you asserted earlier? Maybe. I'll be interested in seeing what kind of proof you come up with. This point hinges entirely on your previous point.
synthgauge

Activity: 1149
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 01:14:52 PM

Come check out how polo treats their users https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1360064.msg13842684#msg13842684

These arrogant bitches have over 50K btc in a cold wallet:

They earn over 40 btc daily from user fee and dont even bother to spend 15K usd on better hardware which is to improve the performance and speed in the place! At the time of bots entendama and high volume inflow their imbecilic exchange becomes retarded as fuck. These suckers have to be closed.
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 10:02:26 PM

I sure hope the exchange is not located there. If so, they better move to a secure location or have armed guards on duty.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 10:06:53 PM

I sure hope the exchange is not located there. If so, they better move to a secure location or have armed guards on duty.

The exchange is not located there. It is a law office that handles the corporate paperwork. Why is that so hard for people to understand, or are you deliberately trolling?
rokkyroad
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 10:08:07 PM

The exchange is not located there. It is a law office that handles the corporate paperwork. Why is that so hard for people to understand, or are you deliberately trolling?

How the hell do you know? I have assets on Polo so ya ... I'm concerned.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 11:13:55 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2016, 12:00:25 AM by smooth

Ultimately it comes down to if you are using an exchange which is unregulated or minimally regulated you are just trusting them. If you don't trust them, get your coins the hell out.

MtGox HQ was located in an office building in Tokyo which had building security. It didn't protect your coins at all.

Again, if you don't trust them (and for the most part you should not), pull your coins.
thoth-Atlantian

I AM

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 11:19:07 PM

Come check out how polo treats their users https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1360064.msg13842684#msg13842684

These arrogant bitches have over 50K btc in a cold wallet:

They earn over 40 btc daily from user fee and dont even bother to spend 15K usd on better hardware which is to improve the performance and speed in the place! At the time of bots entendama and high volume inflow their imbecilic exchange becomes retarded as fuck. These suckers have to be closed.

it's not up on volume yet but 1ex.trade is hands down the fastest exchange you will ever see, They already have it on mega servers in anticipation of coming volume. .... So fast

DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 11:56:54 PM

Because why should you send legal inquiries to a database center somewhere... you do know businesses dont usually host their racks at home or in their facilities... esp for important almost real-time engines.... they usually are hosted in big data centers connected to big back-bones and big bandwith.

This thread is a pure joke. No facts, just whining.
rokkyroad
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 12:05:18 AM

Because why should you send legal inquiries to a database center somewhere... you do know businesses dont usually host their racks at home or in their facilities... esp for important almost real-time engines.... they usually are hosted in big data centers connected to big back-bones and big bandwith.

Thanks for a knowledgable explanation.

stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 11:47:38 AM

What happened to the OP? I was enjoying this thread

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 10:22:02 AM

Random reminder not to use Poloniex, main Ethereum exchange, one operating from a shed in the woods.
GODLIKE

Activity: 546

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:23:13 AM

I see ~93% of the volume is on Poloniex and Kraken:

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethereum/#markets

Does anyone know if these exchanges enforce strict KYC and keep records of all trades so that authorities will be able to determine who was selling to whom? So an investigation could determine if the insiders were buying from themselves to manipulate the price?

Afaik, this would be insider trading and should get them jail time (at least afaik according to SEC regulations).

The fools who support these scams by buying the coins and promoting them, are giving the government every reason to regulate alt-coins. You are polluting  the well from which we all drink.

In Poloniex I am pretty sure I have seen some strange things.
In the LENDING section, I have seen automatic compilation of a great amount of prices: they did it to lower the price for lending money.
I have seen appearing like 30-50 new offers with slightly different % and low amounts at low % fee.
Then they disappeared and after some time reappeared.
I cannot tell if that was from Poloniex itself though, or from a user, but I don't think a user can submit so much data in a single second, unless they have some kind of automated program to do it. Is there anything similar for Poloniex?

BITCOIN FOREVER news aggregator: only the most important news on the cryptoworld!
houlala1

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:24:50 AM

There is a ghost in the woods
thoth-Atlantian

I AM

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 04:38:08 AM

You Sir are a complete fucking muppet, you know it's not in the woods, You are illiterate And your also deleting posts that prove all you are saying is wrong....

Be lucky to hold onto that trust rating at this rate... 

You cant even fucking spell Ethereum

Deleted Post
« Sent to: thoth-Atlantian on: Today at 01:51:57 AM »
Reply with quoteReply with quote  Remove this messageDelete 
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

Quote from: rokkyroad on February 16, 2016, 12:02:06 AM
Quote from: thoth-Atlantian on February 15, 2016, 11:17:16 PM

Yeah your probably fucked all you polo stuff is gone, I will buy your account at 50% value and go to that shed and beat it out of them... Deal?

First off, your allowance won't cover it and secondly; I doubt you could beat your way out of a wet paper bag.   Roll Eyes

No no,  I am a fully grown neck beard.
Report To Admin
Bitcoin Forum
Deleted Post
« Sent to: thoth-Atlantian on: Today at 01:52:31 AM »
Reply with quoteReply with quote  Remove this messageDelete 
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic,

though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

Quote from: rokkyroad on February 15, 2016, 10:08:07 PM
Quote from: smooth on February 15, 2016, 10:06:53 PM
Quote from: rokkyroad on February 15, 2016, 10:02:26 PM

Roll Eyes Undecided Roll Eyes Cry

need a face palm smiley, How do these people survive in the world?

Yeah your probably fucked all you polo stuff is gone, I will buy your account at 50% value and go to that shed and beat it out of them... Deal?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: