Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:07:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: hacked account in fortunejack  (Read 2923 times)
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 04:45:23 PM

I think you've used same user and pass somewhere else as of fortunejack. it had happened to me too but it was on poloniex there were other users too who had lost money on polo.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ris88

Activity: 2110
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 03:55:13 PM

I think you've used same user and pass somewhere else as of fortunejack. it had happened to me too but it was on poloniex there were other users too who had lost money on polo.
it's not a good thing in my opinion hacked very harmful to others !!

is there anything to prevent ??
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 04:28:35 PM

Yes,stop using same single word or combination or simply meaningful password in your accounts where brute forcing will be easier.Use a good password generator or use something complicated like the half of a bitcoin address should be used.Don't use the same passwords on the websites where you have confidential information .
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 04:41:32 PM

I got once my email account hacked into when I used the same password on another website. That other website got compromised and since my email account was used as the login name I pretty much handed over my privacy. Since then I started using password managers like Lastpass and everything is alright. I strongly suggest choosing one of the password managers and transferring/updating your passwords in there it helps a bunch.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 05:43:32 PM

If you don't use 2 factor authentication your account is in risk maybe your laptop is monitored by hacker or cookies monitoring that can convert the cookies into codes or even user and password.. Hacker's in evil zone has a new tools right to hack someone.. Phishing is the basic method of hacking so you should know how phishing works.. If you see the diffirence of the site link from original its a phishing.. But i think they don't need to use phishing because hackers has many new hacking tools like monitoring cookies.. so guys just keep in your mined that always use 2fa security each of your account..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
NooBtc

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 06:57:29 PM

Hackers keep finding more and more creative ways to access player accounts.  Most time the research shows that it is human error on the part of the player getting phished for example or some other form and not an actual hack.  A good example of this is what happened at bitstamp where they stated they were hacked, but they were tricked into sending 5,000 coins to an imposter.  This was certainly no hack, but 2FA would have prevented your unfortunate situation.  Good luck. 
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 07:02:39 PM

Yes there is use different username and password on each and every site, always enable 2fa on every site. i now have 2fa enabled on every site.(where it's available)
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2955

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 07:23:47 PM

Looks you use the same password as other website or you got phishing from hackers. or your account monitored by someone with key logger..
Keep in your mind that don't use your email password account to other just use other password to keep private your password from other site..
And make sure you have latest kaspersky anti virus updated. Maybe your laptop or pc is infected by malware. Also beware about new hacking methods by hackers they are using automated search password from 8 to 10 characters.. So that make sure your password is more than 10 character to secured you wallet...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 10:40:46 AM

Yes there is use different username and password on each and every site, always enable 2fa on every site. i now have 2fa enabled on every site.(where it's available)

That is correct, if site provides a 2fa feature than it is better to use to save our money. Otherwise if you use same user names and pass in most of the sites than most likely your account will be hacked because some of the sites are not trustworthy. They may disclose your details or they them self will use the details to hack your account. One time I also lost very small amount like this and learned lesson.
Ris88

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 03:53:05 PM

Yes,stop using same single word or combination or simply meaningful password in your accounts where brute forcing will be easier.Use a good password generator or use something complicated like the half of a bitcoin address should be used.Don't use the same passwords on the websites where you have confidential information .
okay .. SIPP !!!  Wink
Ris88

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 03:55:59 PM

so what's like having two accounts ??
 Huh
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: