Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:56:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi Airdrops 1 Million BTC to the Poor  (Read 3531 times)
hv_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 12:27:11 PM

According to what one of the goals of bitcoin should be - decentralize also the wealth, do you think that's happening?

Maybe based on breaking some threashold by price, marked cap or account number ?

I'd do that :-)

Interesting idea, really Smiley
But, before you decentralize the wealth, you have to decentralize knowledge, technology, provide some normal living conditions to everybody, give education etc.
It's really huge task and I don't think that bitcoin community or even Satoshi can do this.
It's responsibility of others, offline community first.

Thanks - but normally  I found out  ,for most of my ideas, already somebody else had the same before me   .... I hope I'm really late with that idea again and all was nicely planned long time ago  :-)

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 12:29:39 PM

That is of course great for someone to say who doesn't have over 500k Bitcoins or probably even much at stake. Lets look at the facts shall we? You drop 500+k Bitcoins on the poor then my last few years investing taking risks and saving will be for nothing because the price will be destroyed for both us and the poor.

I am not saying don't help the poor because they need it but how about many give some profits and give the poor the tools to help themselves. The wealth of Bitcoin is obviously in fewer hands than preferable but that is the way of the world, the smart will always end up with more because a lot of the time they work for it.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 12:36:49 PM

That's a nice idea and it really would have been something if that was a secret plan with some super secret code but it is highly unlikely.
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 12:41:32 PM

so they can cash out and crash the price? i dont think so

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
hv_ (OP)
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 12:48:50 PM

That's a nice idea and it really would have been something if that was a secret plan with some super secret code but it is highly unlikely.

I like the idea of rar events - read anti fragile from Nassim Taleb.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 01:06:20 PM

i think it is a great idea and also a grand gesture by satoshi.

but i don't think that now is the time to do it. because as others have pointed out bitcoin market is so fragile and if the movement as big as satoshi's coin movement occurs it is going to create mass panic on top of the sell pressure it creates.
the time is in a couple of years that market is more stable and bitcoin is adopted by more businesses.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
hv_ (OP)
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 01:17:29 PM

That is of course great for someone to say who doesn't have over 500k Bitcoins or probably even much at stake. Lets look at the facts shall we? You drop 500+k Bitcoins on the poor then my last few years investing taking risks and saving will be for nothing because the price will be destroyed for both us and the poor.

I am not saying don't help the poor because they need it but how about many give some profits and give the poor the tools to help themselves. The wealth of Bitcoin is obviously in fewer hands than preferable but that is the way of the world, the smart will always end up with more because a lot of the time they work for it.

I'm not thinking of a very plump dump. And yes I was educated same - first work - than pleasure - but I live in a rich env.

But think of the very poorest first (extrem thinking is good). They mostly do not have any 'work' - and normally very poor currency & economic env.
But now with access to internet, they can get a 'start - up' investment for their local (and also global) economy and have a more stable
currency than the local one -> I do not think all is cashed out at once, but rather it will be used as money and you'll see the opposite.

So ideally it should be donated to a handful of regional tribe chaps in order to initiate local usage - not cash out (do not expect an exchange as well).

fenican

Activity: 1394
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 01:21:47 PM

Terrible idea - the coins would immediately be converted to fiat and the price would crash.

Would be MUCH better to just destroy the coins by sending them to an address with no known private key. That would benefit the whole community not some random group of "lotto winners". Think about it - why should some random group who have made ZERO investment in BTC benefit from the technology?
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 01:25:17 PM

Or maybe one day he just "airdrops" his 1 million bitcoins onto all the exchanges, selling them to the "poor" bag holders with buy orders as the price crashes to zero  Grin
hv_ (OP)
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 01:53:59 PM

Or maybe one day he just "airdrops" his 1 million bitcoins onto all the exchanges, selling them to the "poor" bag holders with buy orders as the price crashes to zero  Grin

Yes - brilliant minded like Satoshi  would exactly do this .....

jyakulis

Activity: 468
Merit: 250

J

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 02:02:00 PM

It always amazes me how people give away other people's money so easily.

It's the give a person a fish vs teaching them to fish argument.

bitcoin address: 35CezzikPXjx4QmTgpeU3ByQ42s8mVcbaF
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 02:10:01 PM

nah, can't see him do such a thing assuming he still has access to his coins. i also wouldn't do it. i hope at some point he can nicely enjoy the value of his coins with some hot girls. Cool
hv_ (OP)
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 02:14:18 PM

Very good bringing up that fish here! I remember some part in the Bible where Jesus gave us some fish for free (correct me if I'm wrong).

But that was only more the hook to get us to believe (worked not bad).

So turn that into Satoshi  & Bitcoin and you need no more help...

hv_ (OP)
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 02:16:36 PM

nah, can't see him do such a thing assuming he still has access to his coins. i also wouldn't do it. i hope at some point he can nicely enjoy the value of his coins with some hot girls. Cool

hihi - if those girls are belonging to the poorest and get children & wallets - go ahead!

monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 02:17:05 PM

Yes - brilliant minded like Satoshi  would exactly do this .....

Well it would go down as one of the greatest long con scams in history. Brilliant part is it'd be perfectly legal.
jyakulis

Activity: 468
Merit: 250

J

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 03:03:53 PM

Very good bringing up that fish here! I remember some part in the Bible where Jesus gave us some fish for free (correct me if I'm wrong).

It ended with execution...

bitcoin address: 35CezzikPXjx4QmTgpeU3ByQ42s8mVcbaF
hv_ (OP)
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 03:10:44 PM

It ended with execution...

Sure - Jesus 'went' away - and suprisingly came back, convincing the skeptic ...

maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 03:23:23 PM

It would be good if something like that happened, but I see a problem: people who are really poor do not own an smartphone or any other means to get their BTC in. In fact, if they get say 1BTC each, that would barely pay the smartphone costs.

talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 03:35:26 PM

this is a great idea but satoshi have left bitcoin long time ago and we have no way of knowing if he even has the private keys to his massive stash of bitcoin.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 03:38:30 PM

I'm not thinking of a very plump dump. And yes I was educated same - first work - than pleasure - but I live in a rich env.

But think of the very poorest first (extrem thinking is good). They mostly do not have any 'work' - and normally very poor currency & economic env.
But now with access to internet, they can get a 'start - up' investment for their local (and also global) economy and have a more stable
currency than the local one -> I do not think all is cashed out at once, but rather it will be used as money and you'll see the opposite.

So ideally it should be donated to a handful of regional tribe chaps in order to initiate local usage - not cash out (do not expect an exchange as well).

It doesn't matter what you're thinking but matters what will happen. If possible they will dump the Bitcoins into oblivion, why? Because they could not care less about it all they want is food/water etc. I'm sorry to burst your slightly delusional bubble but it is never going to create a stable currency because the currency is manipulated to begin with added to the frenzy of trying to dump to get the foods to survive it will be crazy and the opposite to stable pal.

Again of course they will cash out immediately it would be naive to think any different. Decentralized but donated to the few? That statement is to contradicting as it is clearly centralizing it into a few hands instead of the many. Corruption is extreme in the countries you speak of in case you never knew.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: