Poll
Question: Genesis Minning works?
Yes - 5 (26.3%)
No - 11 (57.9%)
Don't know - 3 (15.8%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Genesis Mining  (Read 1540 times)
bitstream.h (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 03:02:28 PM

I want to know if genesis mining still works?
Or it has been reported as spam
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 03:24:22 PM

no go with hashnest or bit-x, for cloud mining, genesisminign is too expensive, the maintanace fee are too high, bit-x seems to have only the s5 as a hashpower

so it's better to focus on hashnest with s7 hash renting
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 03:28:16 PM

It seems it is still working. I bought some ghs some months ago, and the pay has been progressively reduced from week to week until now. The down in BTC price rendered my ghs unprofitable and payments stopped (this was warned in the terms when I signed up). Then I put my ghs to mine doge, as that way at least I get something, due to the recent doge raise.

vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 03:34:24 PM

the better question is: did cloud mining every worked? i still don't believe that you can earn something with cloud mining.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 03:35:37 PM

I had been mining Dash before the BTC price went down and after Dash rose up to 0.011 BTC, I sold for a nice profit.
Currently I have a 1.5 TH lifetime plan, getting around 0.25 dash per day.

calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 03:36:21 PM

Cloud mining sounds like alot of hassele which eventually you end up losing money.  i like the idea but i have never really read a good news story.  yes i guess most people must earn some sort of profit but is it enough to justifiy the hassle, whay not just buy bitcoin?
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 07:01:15 PM

I think current Genesis Mining customers who bought bitcoin hashing are going to be in for a rude surprise when the halving occurs this summer. At that time fees will be higher than mining earnings and contracts will be worthless. It still amazes me that there are new customers who buy from Genesis Mining. In bitcoin you should never preorder anything or buy mining power you cannot resell easily.

If you have to scratch that mining itch your best bet at the moment would be to buy S7 hashing from Hashnest. You can sell anytime you want and it will probably still be profitable after the halving (no guarantees.) Myself I would prefer to wait until this summer after the block reward halving to see what new products Bitmain and BW will be coming out with.

Laosai

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 07:04:43 PM

the better question is: did cloud mining every worked? i still don't believe that you can earn something with cloud mining.

I do earn money with genesis. I bought a 100 dollars life time contract something like 2 years ago and I'm at 1.5 ROI or something like this? xD

Well it's clearly not profitable but Genesis does work and it's rather good. Just that cloud mining has never been really excellent in fact.

Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 07:22:08 PM

They are still paying their newer contracts. However some of my contracts from almost a year ago (with the higher maintenance fees) already became worthless without having recovered the initial capital.
Laosai

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 09:32:34 PM

They are still paying their newer contracts. However some of my contracts from almost a year ago (with the higher maintenance fees) already became worthless without having recovered the initial capital.

Yeah but it all depends on the type of contract you bought!

I've a 1 year and a half old contract (or something like that) and if the return continues to decrease, it's still paying.

But it's difficult to get your return on investment with cloud mining xD

The main interest of genesis is that you can be confident about security. They'd have too much to lose to just scam you I think.

Does anyone else know another good cloud mining service?

ThunderThomas

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 12:15:08 AM

I've a 1 year and a half old contract (or something like that) and if the return continues to decrease, it's still paying.

The main interest of genesis is that you can be confident about security. They'd have too much to lose to just scam you I think.

Genesis mining is just another scam. The did scam a lot of their users with their Scrypt cloud mining contracts.
Then there is the Sha contracts which will never bring you profit.

Same goes for Hashnest btw.

Laosai

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 12:19:46 AM

Genesis mining is just another scam. The did scam a lot of their users with their Scrypt cloud mining contracts.

Why saying it's a scam?

I mean, I bought a life contract and it's still paying. If it was a scam they'd have stopped before I get to ROI no?

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 01:56:47 AM

Why saying it's a scam?

I mean, I bought a life contract and it's still paying. If it was a scam they'd have stopped before I get to ROI no?
Well i think they are experience in other site that they scam many times that's why they angry in any cloud mining site also investing site.
Honestly i don't trust any of this site. Because i experience that you make profit in the first time but in the you will be scam. they are good in the first and you can talk the support live but in few days they are gone and your invested stuck on the site.. good luck to your invested and you are luck they still paying.. I don't push anyone to stay away in this kind of program i just aware you all that in bitcoin world there's no legit..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Laosai

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 02:19:18 AM

Why saying it's a scam?

Well i think they are experience in other site that they scam many times that's why they angry in any cloud mining site also investing site.
Honestly i don't trust any of this site. Because i experience that you make profit in the first time but in the you will be scam. they are good in the first and you can talk the support live but in few days they are gone and your invested stuck on the site.. good luck to your invested and you are luck they still paying.. I don't push anyone to stay away in this kind of program i just aware you all that in bitcoin world there's no legit..

Well I have to admit that it's a bit stupid to go cloudmining. Honnestly if I had my 100 dollars back I'd use it to buy a small miner.

Why going through cloud mining which means giving yur coins to some company in the hope they won't lie to you too much when you can just mine yourself?

I was too newbie in those times Grin

bitstream.h (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 03:43:56 AM

Why saying it's a scam?

Well I have to admit that it's a bit stupid to go cloudmining. Honnestly if I had my 100 dollars back I'd use it to buy a small miner.

Why going through cloud mining which means giving yur coins to some company in the hope they won't lie to you too much when you can just mine yourself?

Ok, but I just got 0.06 BTC and no miner comes at this rate and even I can't spend real money in Bitcoin. My family will kill me if I do so.
How can I get Bitcoinsssssssssss.
Wintermute

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 01:20:47 PM

Genesis Mining works for sure.

I get my daily payouts for more than a year!

Is it profitable?

My X11 / Ether contracts are going very well at the moment (I am publishing numbers from time to time, like the chart below). My old sha contract also made me a small ROI. However, if you have purchased a new contract in the last 2-3 months the difficulty increase will probably screw you.

The chart shows my payout vs. the cost for the contract. Currently my profit is about +30% with my X11 contract.
rezilient

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 01:51:37 PM

no go with hashnest or bit-x, for cloud mining, genesisminign is too expensive, the maintanace fee are too high, bit-x seems to have only the s5 as a hashpower

so it's better to focus on hashnest with s7 hash renting
Wow, Amph i can't believe that you don't know whats happening in the company that you are currently advertising.
FYI, Bit-x stopped their cloud mining services around december 1

@ OP hashnest is your best good choice to pick for a legit cloudmining as of now.

You don't pay enough.
Laosai

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 02:24:30 PM

Why saying it's a scam?

Ok, but I just got 0.06 BTC and no miner comes at this rate and even I can't spend real money in Bitcoin. My family will kill me if I do so.
How can I get Bitcoinsssssssssss.

Well ok here you can't for sure xD

But buying for 0.06btc of cloud mining won't get you far anyway Wink

bitcoinboy12

Activity: 518
Merit: 254

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 02:32:40 PM

Genesis Mining just like a couple other are still working but can barely give you a chance to ROI so I guess I must say, Stay away.

kotwica666
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 03:11:58 PM

Genesis Mining is still working and paying regulary, but a return on investment is quite difficult. Withdrawal from the contract is impossible. It remains only a belief in a large increase in Bitcoin prices.
Is better to look for service with market - where, you can sell mining power and step out whenever you want.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀