Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:41:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Putin Advisor: Accepting Bitcoin Payments in Russia is a Crime  (Read 2421 times)
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6138

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 04:36:39 PM

An advisor to Russian president Vladimir Putin has reportedly spoken out about bitcoin, going as far to suggest that taking payments in the digital currency is a criminal act.

From coindesk : http://www.coindesk.com/receiving-bitcoin-payments-is-a-crime-says-russian-presidential-advisor/

It's not that good for Bitcoin , is it ?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 04:40:51 PM

This is not the first time Russia has made these innuendos about Bitcoin.  Probably nothing will happen here and it is just another attack on Bitcoin.

I love Bitcoin
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 05:05:52 PM

I think those so called intelligent advisor don't know anything about digital currency, they themselves promote criminal activity and money laundring and put all the blame to innovative technology like bitcoin.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4487

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 05:10:46 PM

firstly the bill is a draft.
secondly its about issuing any form of money without registering as a money business.
thirdly its not criminal (prison) its civil (fine)

citizens accepting funds for own use wont get fined.

but if found exchanging it multiple times(as a private broker/dealer) without being registered will be fined $250-$500 plus said bitcoins linked to the private broker confiscated.

small businesses accepting funds for own use wont get fined. but if found exchanging it in their small business will be fined $650-$900 plus said bitcoins linked to the small business confiscated.

large businesses.. blah blah.. $1000-$1300 fine plus coins confiscated

best analogy i can compare it to..
drugs
if your just buying it for personal use and only caught once. nothing will happen. but if your an unlicenced medication dispenser(dealer).. expect a fine.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Zeke2345

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 05:18:10 PM

You really want all hands above the table,so you can know who has what. Putin needs to be able to reach out and touch so to speak and does not want people funneling money out to say the U.K. Making Bitcoin a potential issue would stave off a few people from investing to heavily,but not the lower end. Think they just want the rich folks to be more above board.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
ahpku

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 05:21:01 PM

firstly the bill is a draft.
secondly its about issuing any form of money without registering as a money business.
thirdly its not criminal (prison) its civil (fine)

citizens accepting funds for own use wont get fined.

but if found exchanging it multiple times(as a private broker/dealer) without being registered will be fined $250-$500 plus said bitcoins linked to the private broker confiscated.

small businesses accepting funds for own use wont get fined. but if found exchanging it in their small business will be fined $650-$900 plus said bitcoins linked to the small business confiscated.

large businesses.. blah blah.. $1000-$1300 fine plus coins confiscated

best analogy i can compare it to..
drugs
if your just buying it for personal use and only caught once. nothing will happen. but if your an unlicenced medication dispenser(dealer).. expect a fine.

Well no, crime, with possible JAIL TIME.

"Bitcoin is not the first one, there are other settlement means. Accepting bitcoin as a payment for anything is unacceptable because it is a crime.""
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/russian-finance-ministry-proposes-a-2-year-prison-sentence-for-bitcoin-adopters/
According to a report, the Russian Finance Ministry is seeking to push for amendments to the Criminal Code by proposing two-year ‘corrective labor’ sentence, or a fine of up to 500,000 rubles for bitcoin users.

The Russian Interior and Finance Ministries see cryptocurrencies as a threat to not only the Russian economy, but also its national security.
    ‘Corrective labor’ colonies are among the most common types of prisons in Russia. They are a combination of penal detention and forced labor.

Been brewing for awhile...

Bitstamp Bans Access from Russia "Temporarily"
"Russian users of popular Bitcoin exchange Bitstamp are struggling to gain access to their trading accounts, due to the company’s decision to temporarily [Hahahahaha -ed] block access from all Russian IP addresses. According to the database of FSSCIM, as of January 18, 2016, Bitstamp is granted full access and there are no pending attempts to restrict access to the site."
“To ensure compliance with the new regulatory regime, protect affiliate service providers, and most importantly – protect our valued customers in Russia – Bitstamp has decided to temporarily block access to its website from Russian IP addresses until we can assess the situation with more clarity.”

It begun!

Russian Bear Fed Up With Bitcoin Bullshit

Russia's Ministry of Finance has developed a new version of its proposed law that would seek to both outlaw and apply criminal penalties for activities involving digital currencies, according to a report by Russian news source Interfax.

Citing sources from within the Russian government, Interfax reports that acquiring, selling and distributing cryptocurrencies would be punishable with fines of 300,000 rubles ($4,574) or through up to 360 hours of correctional labor under the new bill.

Should such infractions be committed by an agency or group, the fines for such activities would increase to 500,000 rubles ($7,623).
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 05:30:51 PM

Recently appointed Internet advisor German Klimenko [...] the acceptance of bitcoin payments constitutes a crime.

So does facilitating access to pirated content in certain countries, something this newly appointed Internet advisor did even after he was appointed and only stopped doing so when this was discovered, transferring his torrent websites to his son. Someone is either paid really well or not aware of laws, copyright or what's normally considered to be accepted or not.

Klimenko has notably spoken out about regulating the Internet in the past.

Interesting.

[...] the presidential advisor believes that the Internet needs more regulation because "the Internet is flooded with money, and criminals and terrorists".

So are the streets of Russia and everywhere else in the world. Control criminal activities outside the internet, and criminals using the Internet will not exist...

These statements are wrong on so many levels... I question myself if these advisors are paid to indeed advise and speak about what they think or if they're just paid to appear on media and transmit what President Putin/the Russian government thinks.
ahpku

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 05:36:42 PM

[snip]

Are you suggesting there might be bias, nepotism and corruption? In Putin's Russia?!
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 05:45:23 PM

[snip]

Are you suggesting there might be bias, nepotism and corruption? In Putin's Russia?!

No, I'm not suggesting anything. I'm just presenting facts that I've read on the press and my thoughts on those Wink
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 05:49:04 PM

alot of bad translating from people..

especially 'ahpku' who linked in CCN news..
where CCN news linked in a russian media website. who interviewed a lawyer (not the finance commission itself). who just stated an opinion and not real fact about current situation.

so when a crypto news title say bitcoin is banned because of A, and crypto news quotes B(instead). links C(as a false reference) which is just an opinion of D, where in all three websites there is nothing that categorically says A is in law.. you have to accept that alot of people have racist hate against russia and exaggerate things to try keeping bitcoin in the western world.

so people.. try searching the actual Bills next time..

otherwise you might aswell be watching fox news who quotes the BBC news who quotes the CNN news, but never does any actual real investigations

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 05:52:35 PM

he can say what he want, the true is that no one cna stop bitcoin, who is using bitcoin right now in russi will keep using it, the other that did not know about bitcoin will remain as outsiders to bitcoin

also as i said, you don't need every country to accept bitcoin, in the world, to reach adoption
ahpku

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 05:54:37 PM

especially 'ahpku' who linked in CCN news. ...

Ahpku is a native Russian speaker, care to point him to the translations you find particularly bad?
ahpku

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 06:03:44 PM

he can say what he want, the true is that no one cna stop bitcoin, who is using bitcoin right now in russi will keep using it, ...

Possibly not everyone in Russia currently using Bitcoin is willing to be a criminal & risk jail time.
Not ready to concede that Bitcoin is the currency of criminals Undecided
quadriple7

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 06:05:06 PM

puting dont care about future so he thinks that its a crime but it isint.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 06:05:34 PM

Ahpku is a native Russian speaker, care to point him to the translations you find particularly bad?

lesson one, read the draft Bill. not the CCN news,
lesson two. click the references of CCN and you will see that it is a quote of a quote of someone not even writing the draft bill.. but is an 'expert' on the subject

if you read the draft bill. it highlights that people who are not registered as money issuers will get fined.

ahpku

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 06:13:09 PM

lesson one, read the draft Bill. not the CCN news,
lesson two. click the references of CCN and you will see that it is a quote of a quote of someone not even writing the draft bill.. but is an 'expert' on the subject

if you read the draft bill. it highlights that people who are not registered as money issuers will get fined.

Apparently, English is not your native tongue either. I'll repeat and rephrase: Which part of which translation do you find lacking? Please quote original Russian text and its inaccurate translation.
Thanx
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 06:21:08 PM

Apparently, English is not your native tongue either. I'll repeat and rephrase: Which part of which translation do you find lacking? Please quote original Russian text and its inaccurate translation.
Thanx

ignore media.. go straight to source
draft bill

ill highlight some words in english that some people seem to gloss over
malevolent issuance = unregistered money exchange business
simplified identification = registering as a money exchange business

bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 06:24:19 PM

aww shiz. At least i hope this will not adapt in Europe. I mean, it gets taxed same as cash when you pay with it, so why should it be banned?
ahpku

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 06:25:47 PM

Thanx

ignore media.. go straight to source
draft bill

What is your native language, so I can learn it & try to communicate with you?
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 06:28:22 PM

What is your native language, so I can learn it & try to communicate with you?

i am british, i just have a better understanding of languages compared to google translate.

plus i treat every word as important and not gloss over words.. unlike CCN and other media who love to twist the story to get more viewers

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: