Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:36:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Having problems still with solo mining in GUIMiner  (Read 15396 times)
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2013, 03:46:46 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2013, 04:10:35 PM by Lethn

So I abandoned trying to fix this problem for awhile now but lately because I'm bored I decided to try and see if I could find a solution to this problem again, I've done fresh installs of my clients ( both Bitcoin and GUIMiner ) and I still have issues trying to get solo mining to work properly, I've checked all the usual stuff like the directory paths but my GUI miner refuses to solo mine, helpfully now with the updates I can more easily look at the errors that are popping up but as is the case with anything that has been made by a programmer to any normal person it looks like nonsensical gibberish most of the time. I've also tried disabling things like the firewalls just to be sure it's nothing to do with that but that doesn't seem to have worked either.

I'd appreciate help getting this damn problem fixed because I had no problem getting GUIMiner set up in earlier version so there must have been some change done that means I have to mess with some magical settings, if I ever do mining it's for the hell of it not for profit, so please don't rant to me about my GPU not being powerful enough etc.

Errors:

No response to getwork, using as stratum

[Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

IO Errors - 1, tolerance 2

No more backup servers left. Using primary and starting over.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2013, 05:01:11 PM

I found out the problem, in the newer version you have to use the "launch Bitcoin client as server" option so far everything is working fine once I got it set up.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=123564

Going to leave it running for the lulz now and see what happens Smiley
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 10:35:01 AM

Okay, I've just run into another problem now, I've left the client on overnight and so far I have generated no bitcoins at all and GUIMiner is reading I'm generating around 300khash/s even though I have a 6970 Sad
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 10:57:36 AM

Okay, I've just run into another problem now, I've left the client on overnight and so far I have generated no bitcoins at all and GUIMiner is reading I'm generating around 300khash/s even though I have a 6970 Sad
I would be amazed if you got a block with a sole 6970. The 300khash's definitely something wrong, though.
lassdas
Legendary

Activity: 3649
Merit: 1412

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 10:58:44 AM

.. in the newer version you have to use the "launch Bitcoin client as server" option ..
Not only in the newer version, you always had to run the client as server when solo-mining (or to use JSON-RPC).

.. I've left the client on overnight and so far I have generated no bitcoins at all ..

Well, you probably won't generate any bitcoins ever.
Let's face it,
your 6970 might run at 400MH/s,
at current difficulty it would take about 400Days on average to solve a block,
so even if you're lucky you might not get anything for about 1year, not to mention that within that year the difficulty will probably rise.

That's the reason why pools exist, most miners just don't have enough hashing-power to mine on their own and get anything at all.

GUIMiner is reading I'm generating around 300khash/s even though I have a 6970 Sad
Are you sure GUIminer is actually using your 6970 and not only your CPU?

Anyway, as stated above it's not really worth solo-mining on a single 6970, not even on 2, 3, or 5 of them, except you don't expect do get anything back/count your hashing-power as donation to the network.
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 11:40:18 AM

if I ever do mining it's for the hell of it not for profit, so please don't rant to me about my GPU not being powerful enough etc.

I refer you to my previous post, don't people on internet forums ever actually read? I'm solo mining for the hell of it, it seems unlike a lot of people mining I'm learning to do other things so I'd appreciate help on fixing the problem of only having khash/s coming out of my GPU rather than silly rants from people who can't read one bloody line I made specifically for you. >_>
lassdas
Legendary

Activity: 3649
Merit: 1412

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 11:52:59 AM

Calm down.
Seems you yourself are one of those people, that don't read, otherwise you should have seen this
..except you don't expect do get anything back/count your hashing-power as donation to the network.

I never said you shouldn't do it, just that you shouldn't expect to get any bitcoins doing it (ever, not only overnight).
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 12:28:12 PM

Instead of trying to troll would you mind explaining why I'm only getting khash/s when I should be getting Mhash/s?
TObject

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 01:58:02 AM

Lethn,

First, try unchecking all the CPU Affinity boxes, before starting the miner.
Is there anything else running on the computer?
Harlock81

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 11:01:25 AM

I bought nvidia tesla M2090. there is no backup server left because I have no blockchain downloaded yet. To use GPU(graphic card) choose no CPU affinity. On ghash.io I'm in 1.9  mh/s with guiminer. I bought a nvidia tesla M2070 and a mainboard to build a new computer. The tesla video card is fastest (m2090=>1331 Gflops/seconde).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: