Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:59:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looks like our bitcoins might be virtual after all ...  (Read 1179 times)
ciphermonk (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 05:54:42 PM

Together with the rest of us !

http://news.discovery.com/space/are-we-living-in-a-computer-simulation-2-121216.html

Disclaimer: I don't support or deny the theory. I find it merely intriguing Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 06:12:26 PM

Together with the rest of us !

http://news.discovery.com/space/are-we-living-in-a-computer-simulation-2-121216.html

Disclaimer: I don't support or deny the theory. I find it merely intriguing Wink

So we are looking for easter eggs / cheat codes in nature now?
Third Way

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 07:27:46 PM

Neo, I'd like to talk to you about, the Matix.

blease resbond -> 1BYJKxpntNn6TZbM5M5CWkEb8vr8vDcBrr
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 08:13:02 PM

Are We Living Inside a Computer Simulation?
Probably looking for Hypervisor or VMWare hardware will answer the question.

If it is true, probably I should start running around killing the bots  Grin

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2013, 08:16:47 PM

I pity the omnipotent entity who got stuck with the Dank subroutine, having to have to "play it out".
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 08:32:01 PM

The idea linked in the OP has been understood as truth for thousands of years by followers of Jesus.

Corinthians 13:

"But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away......
For now we see through a glass, darkly, but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known."

Hebrews 11:

"Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear."

2 Kings 6:

When the servant of the man of God rose early in the morning and went out, behold, an army with horses and chariots was all around the city. And the servant said, “Alas, my master! What shall we do?” 16. He said, “Do not be afraid, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.” 17. Then Elisha prayed and said, “O LORD, please open his eyes that he may see.” So the LORD opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw, and behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

and many many more....

Matrix style!
MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 08:51:18 PM

The idea linked in the OP has been understood as truth for thousands of years by followers of Jesus.
Cannabis induced schizophrenia and superstitious world view of ancient jews does not prove anything! I can believe anything I want. As long as I have inconclusive texts to show that "My superstitious and uneducated followers understood this new scientific hypothesis for thousands of years".

foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 10:53:00 PM

You sound like a very angry person.
MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 11:14:37 PM

Not angry. I simply don't like unscientific worldview. The Bible is written and translated in such way that it is possible to adapt its teachings to almost any situation as needed. Not to mention it is contradictory to itself.

We must completely abandon the concept of "god" and "it was already written in book thousands of years ago" in scientific discussion not to introduce bias.

Rob E

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 12:00:31 AM

Not angry. I simply don't like unscientific worldview. The Bible is written and translated in such way that it is possible to adapt its teachings to almost any situation as needed. Not to mention it is contradictory to itself.

We must completely abandon the concept of "god" and "it was already written in book thousands of years ago" in scientific discussion not to introduce bias.
  Cause you're like a reall character any one could look up to Lol. 
ATC777

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 12:11:09 AM

I've believed the world is a sort of "computer simulation" for years... I was first turned on to the concept when I got into DirectX graphics development and began experimenting with creating simulated worlds. The thought occurred to me, but it was hearing Will Wright (designer of "The Sims") discuss the theory that made it really sink in...

I think the world is a "simulation" written in the universal programming language called physics -- the most fundamental of all sciences, upon which all things are based. Physics is the "code" of our universe that makes the rules of the simulation. And sure, those rules can be bent and, in some cases, completely broken. Quantum physics seems to be full of "hacks", and I think it's one of the most exciting sciences of all!  Smiley

So what exactly is a black hole, then? Simple... it's a place in the code where God tried to divide by zero. It threw a DivideByZeroException and voila, black hole! lol  Cheesy

Epic Coinage -- Gold, Silver, Bitcoin, Exchange, Apparel, Electronics and more!

Check the official trade thread for full list of products and services!

Tips :: 13M9QLc5BDQe2iuB1N3Br58fYvJF5ixihT
Rob E

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 12:18:08 AM

I think this could be related ( somewhat)  Really interesting viewpoint. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzetqYev_AI
MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 02:55:50 AM

Quantum physics seems to be full of "hacks", and I think it's one of the most exciting sciences of all!  Smiley
I don't think quantum physics are hacks. Quantum world is too small for organic life to perceive and way how our human brains work are not designed for understanding the small scale reality. Just as a cosmological scale reality. We just cannot compare them to things in our daily life and we see them weird.
I've believed the world is a sort of "computer simulation" for years... I was first turned on to the concept when I got into DirectX graphics development and began experimenting with creating simulated worlds
I could possibly build simulated world out of dong. This does not mean that our world really is simulated in a shit.
So what exactly is a black hole, then? Simple... it's a place in the code where God tried to divide by zero. It threw a DivideByZeroException and voila, black hole! lol
Black holes are black only from our viewpoint. If You cross event horizon, your spaceship will still function according to laws of physics if it is sturdy enough. There also are strange phenomena such as neutron stars and such, they are unique states of matter but they all are made according to universal laws.

And again, some God who made this simulation out for his amusement. We don't need God for universe to pop into existence, according to Stephen Hawking. Given enough time the single spot from what universe come into existence can appear by itself. This is unique idea given that the particles can appear from nowhere for short time.

ATC777

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 03:16:44 AM

Quantum physics seems to be full of "hacks", and I think it's one of the most exciting sciences of all!  Smiley
I don't think quantum physics are hacks. Quantum world is too small for organic life to perceive and way how our human brains work are not designed for understanding the small scale reality. Just as a cosmological scale reality. We just cannot compare them to things in our daily life and we see them weird.
I've believed the world is a sort of "computer simulation" for years... I was first turned on to the concept when I got into DirectX graphics development and began experimenting with creating simulated worlds
I could possibly build simulated world out of dong. This does not mean that our world really is simulated in a shit.
So what exactly is a black hole, then? Simple... it's a place in the code where God tried to divide by zero. It threw a DivideByZeroException and voila, black hole! lol
Black holes are black only from our viewpoint. If You cross event horizon, your spaceship will still function according to laws of physics if it is sturdy enough. There also are strange phenomena such as neutron stars and such, they are unique states of matter but they all are made according to universal laws.

And again, some God who made this simulation out for his amusement. We don't need God for universe to pop into existence, according to Stephen Hawking. Given enough time the single spot from what universe come into existence can appear by itself. This is unique idea given that the particles can appear from nowhere for short time.

I think you took it a bit too literally...  Smiley

benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 12:22:44 PM

Shit.  I had a really good talk on this, but I've lost it.  I think it was a French physicist.  He was talking about information storage systems, actually, and how they are evolving to become less deterministic, and sort of relating that to quantum mechanics.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 02:26:01 PM

Agreed. There are things beyond the understanding of ancient goat herders that require the lenses that emerge from complexity.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
chmod755
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 02:57:27 PM

↓→↓↓→ABAB←↓↓←↓ = God mode

AA↑↓↑↓BB = Time travel

AAA↑↑↑ = Changes your credit rating to AAA.

ATC777

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 04:50:10 PM

AA↑↓↑↓BB = Time travel

↓↓→↓↑↑↑A↑ABB↑←← I dare you...  Grin

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 10:24:00 PM

No mention of Tiplers Omega Point? I am disappointed.

Uh yeah this article is "popular science" pseudo scientific nonsense of the worst kind.
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 10:53:20 PM

AA↑↓↑↓BB = Time travel

↓↓→↓↑↑↑A↑ABB↑←← I dare you...  Grin

Thx, been stuck at this level forever.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: