Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:12:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help test new site for .bit domains, accepts namecoins and bitcoins  (Read 930 times)
dotbitme (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 2

dotbit.me

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2013, 09:46:34 PM

Hi,

I've been working for a few months on a little project of mine called dotbit.me. It's a simple registrar for .bit domains (using the bitcoin-derived namecoin) and I hope it will prove useful. Features include payments in both namecoin and bitcoin (0.1 bitcoins or 25 namecoins per domain), free domain transfers in or out and free coin transfers in or out.

The interactions with namecoind and bitcoind proved a bit more complex than I initially though and I would be very grateful if some of you could help me test the features before I take it out of "beta".

If you already have a .bit domain, transferring it to and from dotbit.me is free and if you do not, registering a domain on the site is a (IMHO, fair) 0.1 Bitcoins.

Thank you for your time!

Dotbit.me Admin
dotbit.me

Btcdiv.com - The ultimate source for bitcoin forks & airdrops | Dotbit.me - buy .bit domains for Bitcoins, Namecoins, altcoins or PayPal!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MobGod

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 05:44:02 AM

well i'm testing just sent two new domains over to you,guess we will see if it works. Also how does one change dns act.....

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
MobGod

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 04:51:53 PM

how long does this take been way over 8 hours and still don't see anything?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
dotbitme (OP)

dotbit.me

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 06:49:32 PM

Hi,

Thank you for signing up! You can change the DNS settings for the domains you've transferred by clicking the "plus" icon beside your domain name and then "Change Value". Changing the settings is free of charge.

Right now the DNS setting will have to be correct JSON format, you will see a simple example on the "Change value" page. In the future I hope to simplify this so that JSON is not required.

You can read more about the domain info settings at:
http://dot-bit.org/HowToRegisterAndConfigureBitDomains#Delegate_your_domain_and_subdomains_to_DNS_servers:

The JSON code examples you'll see on that page (the parts within brackets).

Please keep me updated on how things work out!

Thanks

Btcdiv.com - The ultimate source for bitcoin forks & airdrops | Dotbit.me - buy .bit domains for Bitcoins, Namecoins, altcoins or PayPal!
dotbitme (OP)

dotbit.me

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 10:43:18 PM

Things are going well and we're now up to five users!  Smiley I'd live to see some more activity, let me know if there's anything that could be added to make the site more useful.

Thanks,
Tagide

gomados

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:53:04 PM

I already registered a lot of bit domains but i created i free wen page named coinbtc.es.tl but i dont know the ip to redirect . Can i redirect to coinbtc.es.tl instead ip?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: