Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:13:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Network Propagation - 0%  (Read 606 times)
kolesozw (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 12:00:47 PM

Hey guys, does it mean I won't be able to receive this bitcoins?
https://blockchain.info/tx/140e714fc365b8cbcda0d3b74a401e28c3d61675306617084ce2cbe66cb2b31b

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Your Point Is Invalid

Activity: 756
Merit: 510

Dear me, I think I'm becoming a god

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 12:12:23 PM

Your transaction will be confirmed when the other transactions sent before yours from the same address are confirmed, i think it will take a while

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 03:33:37 PM

if the transaction prior that(connected with that) has not a proper fee, then you're a bit screwed, you need to wait the other transaction for confirmation first

you can see that easily, by looking at tx ramification, go back from where the ramification start
kolesozw (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 07:39:14 AM

In other block explorer this transaction doesn't appear and as expected I didn't received any bitcoins Sad And now its a double spend transaction (my first time to experience :l ) Thanks anyways for the replies, I've been just fooled Grin

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2016, 08:17:29 AM

In other block explorer this transaction doesn't appear and as expected I didn't received any bitcoins Sad And now its a double spend transaction (my first time to experience :l ) Thanks anyways for the replies, I've been just fooled Grin

Never accept payment without a confirmation, these long chains barely confirm and they are hard to detect unless you check for them. Later TX in the chain can pay a high fee, so you cant look at the receiving TX alone.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
kolesozw (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 10:33:35 AM

Never accept payment without a confirmation, these long chains barely confirm and they are hard to detect unless you check for them. Later TX in the chain can pay a high fee, so you cant look at the receiving TX alone.

Yeah my bad, actually it was from here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1356016.0 , I tested a few btc and  he said it was an instant one,tried it and actually it is. But it end up that he's scamming Cheesy Thanks for the advice anyways

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2016, 11:57:28 AM

Yeah my bad, actually it was from here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1356016.0 , I tested a few btc and  he said it was an instant one,tried it and actually it is. But it end up that he's scamming Cheesy Thanks for the advice anyways

Amaclin is well known for their attacks on bitcoin (e.g. a broad mellability attack or the OP codes attack). They think bitcoin itself is a ponzi that will collapse soon. I would not have thought that they would start a ponzi scheme though.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Mozaa

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 07:46:49 PM

i need more information about Network Propagation  , what is different between 0 - and 100
thanks
xqus

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 07:50:06 PM

i need more information about Network Propagation  , what is different between 0 - and 100
thanks

How many nodes in the network that has the transaction in their memory. More is better.

PGP fingerprint: B17233A1 || Bitrated user: xqus ≡ Free trust agent || LocalBitcoins ≡ Buy bitcoins locally
Wallet and Exchange security ≡ A security overview of wallets and exchanges. (forum thread)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: