Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 01:13:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tonight, I will die  (Read 7496 times)
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 03:20:21 AM

Guys, for what humanity is worth now - stop egging him on.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 03:21:17 AM

Some resources just in case dank happens to be serious.

Suicide Hotline  800-273-8255

http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

Both can hook you up with local resources.

As always, the best thing to do if you're actively planning self-harm is to go to your nearest ER.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 03:23:37 AM

Tomorrow I will do the same, tell in some random forum that I'm going to kill myself to get attention.

Just troll him as he does with us!

Sometime attention is needed. We are not voltures and risking to be trolled is a small risk to take.

The question is not if he is bluffing. The question is if I or you or anyone else grabs this chance to make a difference in another persons life. That's not a gift you get every day.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 03:25:37 AM

For God's sake, anything concerning the life of another should not be taken lightly. Dank, please think it over and relax - you need your family beside you for the love you speak of.
nebulus

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

... it only gets better...

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 03:26:41 AM

Get a grip, man...

dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 03:30:46 AM

I've made peace with my family, too the best of my abilities.

This is me fulfilling destiny, the turn of the equinox, flipping of the poles.  All I want is you to believe in yourself, now you will all learn to believe.  When we all believe in ourselves completely, at the concert, I will return.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 03:30:56 AM

For God's sake, anything concerning the life of another should not be taken lightly. Dank, please think it over and relax - you need your family beside you for the love you speak of.

Kind of puts us all in a quagmire, John. (this is a serious post) If we do nothing and the worse happens, then we all here could be charged with a crime. If we act, and his life is saved, great! If we act, but learn it's a hoax and he's here tomorrow, that wouldn't bode well either.

That said, the best course of action I see is somebody to act and make the call, posting that they've done so. If it turns out to be a hoax, Dank will not be posting here any longer.

Is that fair?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 03:31:57 AM

I've made peace with my family, too the best of my abilities.

This is me fulfilling destiny, the turn of the equinox, flipping of the poles.  All I want is you to believe in yourself, now you will all learn to believe.  When we all believe in ourselves completely, at the concert, I will return.

Looks legit to me. Somebody make the call.
fgervais

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 03:32:27 AM

Well, I got to says, this isn't funny anymore, and this will be my last moments on this forum. Sean, despite our many clashes on this forum over 2012, I hope that you will snap back to reality long enough to realise that no, your local PD does not have a hit called out on you, and that no one is coming after you IRL for your opinions voiced on BCT.

You fucked up with Squall, but that is an issue you will be able to resolve if you put some effort into it, and in the grand scheme of things, I'm sure your family would be more than willing to help you out.

The last few days must have been though, but for someone who professes repeatedly a love of life, it would be rather counter productive for you to do any self-harm.

Take a breather, call up your folks and actually talk to them. Not about you problems here, not about your world view.

Just ask them about their day, and live a moment of normality for once. It will do you good.
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 03:38:36 AM

No hard feelings, fgervais.  I forgive everyone, let's focus on making the present brighter.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 03:39:45 AM

I'm currently making the call, but been on hold with the suicide hotline for the past 7 minutes. The last time I did this, it was for my middle sister, I was on hold for 18 minutes then.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 03:40:15 AM

Kind of puts us all in a quagmire, John. (this is a serious post) If we do nothing and the worse happens, then we all here could be charged with a crime. If we act, and his life is saved, great! If we act, but learn it's a hoax and he's here tomorrow, that wouldn't bode well either.

That said, the best course of action I see is somebody to act and make the call, posting that they've done so. If it turns out to be a hoax, Dank will not be posting here any longer.

Is that fair?
Fair and square. I've experienced a past event somewhat like this, and the girl did do something stupid after all. I'd like just to be on the safe side.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 03:41:37 AM

Take a breather, call up your folks and actually talk to them. Not about you problems here, not about your world view.

Just ask them about their day, and live a moment of normality for once. It will do you good.
Not likely. Given his age the folks are, with a high probability, the problem.
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1042

Death to enemies!

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 03:42:35 AM

Looks legit to me.
Looks like a bad purchase from Silk Road

Seriously, if dank is serious and started talking to us then it is my natural curiosity how he is going to die. Probably he have a really bad idea in his mind that cannot kill him but make a cripple.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 03:43:21 AM

If we do nothing and the worse happens, then we all here could be charged with a crime.

Oh really?  What crime would we be committing? 

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1042

Death to enemies!

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 03:45:27 AM

If we do nothing and the worse happens, then we all here could be charged with a crime.

Terrorism, conspiracy to commit crime, use of computers, obstruction of justice bowels.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 03:54:52 AM

Terrorism, conspiracy to commit crime, use of computers, obstruction of justice bowels.
I don't want to get extradited Sad
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 04:00:40 AM

Suicide hotline couldn't help. Called Raleigh PD, but they were closed and the prompts instructed me to call 911. Did that. Local 911 gave me a better number, and just got off the phone with them (Raleigh PD). They have the thread link and are looking into it.

Also, have read all PMs sent to me.

Plus I deleted my humorous post knowing now that this is serious.
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 04:02:46 AM

Suicide hotline couldn't help. Called Raleigh PD, but they were closed and the prompts instructed me to call 911. Did that. Local 911 gave me a better number, and just got off the phone with them (Raleigh PD). They have the thread link and are looking into it.

Also, have read all PMs sent to me.

Good work!
vampire

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 04:06:37 AM

He should be in Raleigh's cops system, since he was arrested. At least his parent's info.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=133500.0

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: