Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:12:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: There's a way to use Bitcoin for an Uber ride.  (Read 774 times)
commandrix (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 05:07:56 PM

Quite frankly, this is something we need to be doing if we want to get the government off the backs of any new way of doing things like Bitcoin and Uber. This CCN article explains how to use Bitcoin for an Uber ride, though you may want to consider alternatives to the Shift card that don't cost as much.
Redrose

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 05:10:05 PM

That's cool to have this possibility, however, I don't this easy at all, so I'm not really sure if will be really benefical for us Undecided...
commandrix (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 05:14:26 PM

That's cool to have this possibility, however, I don't this easy at all, so I'm not really sure if will be really benefical for us Undecided...

Maybe not right away until Uber or Lyft start directly accepting Bitcoin, or somebody might get smart and start a "ride sharing for Bitcoin" service. But the point here is to just use Bitcoin whenever possible and also use Uber or Lyft whenever you need a ride someplace.
Redrose

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 05:18:08 PM

Maybe not right away until Uber or Lyft start directly accepting Bitcoin, or somebody might get smart and start a "ride sharing for Bitcoin" service. But the point here is to just use Bitcoin whenever possible and also use Uber or Lyft whenever you need a ride someplace.

Lyft, what's that ? An Uber concurrent I think. Yeah, you're right. If someone was smart enough to start an Uber concurrent based totally on Bitcoin and decentralisation he would be rich, really rich Wink !
BellaBitBit

Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 05:22:29 PM

Lyft, what's that ? An Uber concurrent I think. Yeah, you're right. If someone was smart enough to start an Uber concurrent based totally on Bitcoin and decentralisation he would be rich, really rich Wink !

Yes instead of using Bitcoin with Uber someone could just start a Bitcoin rideshare.  This is good info though and will pass it along to all my friends that use Uber.

I love Bitcoin
matete

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

=> Buying Bitcoins Everyday !

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 05:23:21 PM

It is an idea that is long overdue. It might be much easier to pay for the rides using bitcoins just the way we do with credit cards.
Redrose

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 05:25:16 PM

It is an idea that is long overdue. It might be much easier to pay for the rides using bitcoins just the way we do with credit cards.

That's why the Bitcoin credit cards have been invented. I don't know if they really work well thought. Also, they're not really wide-spread so we'd need to wait a bit to see them everywhere.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 3443

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 05:49:04 PM

Unfortunately there's still a limit for this since some countries can't open Coinbase account so they could avail the Shift Card in order to use for Uber rides plus Uber itself is not available for some countries and cities as well but their expanding in great speed so far. So the only way we could get government of our tails would be to make and show them that we don't need their services although it's going to be a tough one, it's quite possible (in future).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
commandrix (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 05:53:52 PM

Unfortunately there's still a limit for this since some countries can't open Coinbase account so they could avail the Shift Card in order to use for Uber rides plus Uber itself is not available for some countries and cities as well but their expanding in great speed so far. So the only way we could get government of our tails would be to make and show them that we don't need their services although it's going to be a tough one, it's quite possible (in future).

Like I said...look for alternatives to the Shift card. Am pretty sure BitNation has something. Just use due diligence when choosing an option.
Epicnicity

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 06:04:56 PM

Would be a cool idea, but not everyone uses bitcoin as payment.
Some have never even heard of bitcoin and are not away of it's existence

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 07:06:07 PM

Again it's only valid for US not my country. $10 is really a good price to pay and make purchases mostly everywhere with this card. Hope coinbase considers other countries as well as I really need to buy a bitcoin debit card with low fee.

prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 08:43:15 PM

For me it's easier to book Uber rides via bitcoins. I have a friend who sells me Uber accounts with credits in it and I pay him via bitcoins. Anyways, this card is not available outside US but I would really like to have a card for $10. Hope the fee also is low.
Anddos

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 09:24:03 PM

That's all nice and great but what I don't understand is what does the government have to do with Uber? I mean I get Big Brother being against bitcoin but Uber? What's up with that?

commandrix (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 09:42:47 PM

That's all nice and great but what I don't understand is what does the government have to do with Uber? I mean I get Big Brother being against bitcoin but Uber? What's up with that?

The problem here is a thing called "crony capitalism." In a lot of cases, yellow taxis have to pay for a license to operate in a particular city and the owners of yellow taxi companies would very much to keep a chokehold on their monopolies. They'd rather shut down on competition than improve their service. So they call their buddies in the city government to shut down on ride sharing services like Uber.
LinaMay

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 09:41:26 AM

It's good uber drivers can take bitcoins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: