Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:10:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PayPal's "New Money" Compaign - 2016 Super Bowl Commercial  (Read 2134 times)
sabreok (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 12:19:25 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dF9t_xQGks

Anyone else see this one during Super Bowl 50?

I'm sick of all these fiat payment processors... same old system, same old corruption, and same old restrictions.

Bitcoin is New Money. PayPal/Android Pay/Samsung Pay/Apple Pay is Old Money with a fancy new pair of shoes.

Angry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2016, 12:25:57 AM

I'm sick of all these fiat payment processors... same old system, same old corruption, and same old restrictions.

Bitcoin is New Money. PayPal/Android Pay/Samsung Pay/Apple Pay is Old Money with a fancy new pair of shoes.

Angry
Yes bitcoin is best but we shouldn't reject other outright.Others can do besides bitcoin
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4441

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 12:29:59 AM

Angry

let them waste their money on that crap. bitcoin still needs to grow before its primed for mainstream.

its not like bitcoin is just a wallet service. its a whole new economy. so let bitcoin grow and then advertise it like a whole new country, rather than just an app

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
commandrix

Activity: 798

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 01:17:32 AM

Nice commercial. Of course Paypal needs to back this up with better service and lower fees. Because there's a new game in town and it's not anything that's basically built on top of the existing banking system. Sabreok is right that Bitcoin needs to focus on growth, but at least we pulled out of football when the (presumably less expensive) Bitcoin Bowl sorta imploded.
BTCBinary

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 01:23:09 AM

so they are trying to compete with Bitcoin?
That doesn't make sense. It is obvious that bitcoin is far better and PayPal's money could never replace the crypto niche
iluvpie60

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 02:51:46 AM

Angry

let them waste their money on that crap. bitcoin still needs to grow before its primed for mainstream.

its not like bitcoin is just a wallet service. its a whole new economy. so let bitcoin grow and then advertise it like a whole new country, rather than just an app

I haven't been around in awhile, but I am curious as to why people say PayPal charges for transactions.

Is there somewhere that states this? Or Google Wallet for that matter? I have used both a bunch of times in the past year and have no fees. Google Wallet transfers within seconds in my experience.

Bitcoin certainly has its place doing other things, blockchain, yada yada. But I really don't see how an average person can get behind it. I am a little above an average person(background in computer programming and degree in Information Systems) when it comes to things of this nature and I still don't use it for anything.

As of lately there are so many no-fee credit cards that benefit me more than BTC ever has while I was using it. 6% off of groceries at a supermarket(Amex card). 3% back on gas(Amex card). Or getting a new CC like something that gives rewards for flying/hotels. Getting the new card from Hilton gives 50,000 points(spend 750 bucks on their cc within 3 months, so easy to do). 50,000 points = a free stay at their tier level 5 hotels(a hotel thats like 300 bucks+ a night), or 10 stays at a normal hotel that's like 80 a night.

Is there something hidden I haven't discovered that BTC can do that rewards me THAT much? I have seen some promo offers for buying with BTC and getting a discount, but getting into BTC has a fee to start with and that usually washes out the savings.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4441

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 03:02:21 AM

I haven't been around in awhile, but I am curious as to why people say PayPal charges for transactions.

Is there somewhere that states this? Or Google Wallet for that matter? I have used both a bunch of times in the past year and have no fees. Google Wallet transfers within seconds in my experience.
funding a google wallet (from wire transfer or debit/credit card) is 3%, but transfer between wallets is free (something blockstream are ignorant of and will criple bitcoin if they keep allowing tx fee to rise)

paypal is 3% if funding using debit/credit card but 0% if wire transfer.. and free to send within paypal accounts again bitcoin is losing is desirability by having fee's

Bitcoin certainly has its place doing other things, blockchain, yada yada. But I really don't see how an average person can get behind it. I am a little above an average person(background in computer programming and degree in Information Systems) when it comes to things of this nature and I still don't use it for anything.
the 2009-2013 proposal of bitcoin was way better than paypal or google at the time. but since things swaped over to core(blockstream) its not been the same. the whole dynamic changed and what use to be important got sidelined and what was the bad side of bitcoin became the direction blockstream wants to take bitcoin

As of lately there are so many no-fee credit cards that benefit me more than BTC ever has while I was using it. 6% off of groceries at a supermarket(Amex card). 3% back on gas(Amex card). Or getting a new CC like something that gives rewards for flying/hotels. Getting the new card from Hilton gives 50,000 points(spend 750 bucks on their cc within 3 months, so easy to do). 50,000 points = a free stay at their tier level 5 hotels(a hotel thats like 300 bucks+ a night), or 10 stays at a normal hotel that's like 80 a night.

Is there something hidden I haven't discovered that BTC can do that rewards me THAT much? I have seen some promo offers for buying with BTC and getting a discount, but getting into BTC has a fee to start with and that usually washes out the savings.

nope, blockstream has lost grip of reality and has their own corporate agenda. the only thing that remains now is the hoard for price rise, long term  deflationary nature of bitcoin. lets hope blockstream doesnt intend to mess with that too

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
dopecoindude
Legendary

Activity: 1512

The Dude Of DopeCoin

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2016, 03:53:49 AM

this never played on superbowl 50

It is here folks. DopeCoinGOLD . The #1 Crypto-Weed Coin.
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 04:00:24 AM

Bitcoin isnot centralized so there is no any body or company which will promote bitcoin however paypal is lossing lots of their users. Paypal is like hell with their fee structure and restriction. Slow and steady wins the race, so bitcoin will replace all this centralized fiat digital processor within few years.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
simon66

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 04:01:01 AM

I saw it and was like "screw paypal"...  The halftime show was pretty good though. Glad peyton won his likely last game.
Invulner

Activity: 266

Invulner

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 09:15:12 AM

Lol doubt anyone is going to sign up for Paypal.... Once they see Bitcoin they'll all be amazed and attracted to us Tongue

And yeah let PP waste their money!
coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 10:00:55 AM

I think the commercial itself is fairly decent. In some ways PayPal is an improvement on the legacy systems. But I agree Bitcoin has much more possibility of actually being revolutionary.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 10:07:42 AM

Most of us say that PayPal is wasting its money on this, but it will help them attract plenty of new custommers. It's quite funny that PayPal is saying they are new money, lol. It's still the same old crappy fiat system but with a new jacket on. That's all.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 10:58:33 AM

Its been already posted by someone. Still it seems to be a good commercial ad for their future plans. This can highly increase there achievements as people will be looking forward about the new money
youdamushi

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 11:11:21 AM

Angry

Yeah Paypal is a good idea but not nearly half as innovative as bitcoin is!

Don't worry, it will fail as hard as the rest of the fiat economy one day!

PARADICE.io

jackthedoe

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 11:44:24 AM

People tend to forget that, bitcoin still need to improved things if we want to use it for mainstream, i hope that core bring us some good solutions for all.

Maybe paypal plan to start accepting bitcoin for his services around the world in the next months... who know?
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 12:14:21 PM

Paypal: high fees, single management team, large promotion budget.

BTC: low fees, no clear management, no promotion budget.

So Paypal can afford expensive advertisements while BTC can't. I'm afraid Paypal will keep on growing faster than BTC, even its system is vastly inferior and more expensive. Makes me sad.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
El Emperador

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 12:33:27 PM

Bitcoin's "NEW MONEY" campaign

https://vimeo.com/154404474

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
sabreok (OP)

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 03:25:04 PM

Bitcoin's "NEW MONEY" campaign

https://vimeo.com/154404474

Awesome! I was hoping someone would do a remake.

(I'll admit, PayPal's commercial style was really good.)
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2016, 03:48:02 PM

I didn't think PreyPal was actually money. I thought it was a transfer service that took 6 months for the deal to finalise (because of the risk of chargebacks). There seems to be a series of these ads, and none of them say anything new, apart from the fact that you can use your mobile. It took them a while to catch up on that. I've been able to use payM on my feral account for a while now.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: