Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:18:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which is the best Bitcoin Wallet?  (Read 5597 times)
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 07:04:40 AM

I would invest in a Trezor hardware wallet for the every day transactions and I will store the biggest portion of my bitcoins in cold storage. I do not trust online wallets or storing any large amounts of bitcoins on exchanges. If you go this route, you will have a better chance to secure your wealth.

This if you plan on acquiring a large amount of coins soon. It is quite an investment (100 usd), but it is well worth it if it means keeping your coins safe.

The security risks are quite real if you don't take care of your computer security, trezor solves these problems for you and even allow you to send coins on infected computers if needed.
lrdeoliveira

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 07:22:09 AM

Hello, which bitcoin wallet is the best to get?

For example:
1. Free
2. No need to connect to bank.
3. Little or no transaction fee
and etc....

Thanks!

For my personal experience i can recommend Multibit Hd or electrum , if you also want to use a wallet on your mobile i can advice Mycelium
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 07:47:53 AM

For example:
1. Free
and etc....

Thanks!

1. i think all bitcoin wallets are free unless you want to pay extra for cold storage on online wallets
2. again only conline wallets like coinbase connect with a bank account and that so you can purchase bitcoin, however there is no requirement to connect to your bank.
3. These days paying a small fee or no fee at all will cause you problems, your transaction my not get confirmed for days
Freshmen

Activity: 334
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 08:51:06 AM

I guess blockchain is one of the most decent online wallets and probably offer the most options regarding control of your addresses in online browser wallets, Electrum is a decent PC wallet, Armory is good for offline storage of coins but relatively complicated to use.
Streamlink

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 11:24:05 AM

I used MTgox as wallet sometime before and it was a bad idea considering how it worked in general, I think the best wallets to use are PC wallets since you own your private keys, Multibit is very decent and not internet based, Bitcoin core is good too.
JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 11:32:40 AM

I'm convinced that Blockchain is most secure and fastest wallet of them all!
I would like to use core wallet but i don't like synchronizations..and gigabytes of memory..
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 11:35:43 AM

if you need is just a wallet. then I suggest "blockchain" I use blockhain in the web browser and also install the application on android. blockchain very fast and simple.
Icathia

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 12:29:35 PM

I would invest in a Trezor hardware wallet for the every day transactions and I will store the biggest portion of my bitcoins in cold storage. I do not trust online wallets or storing any large amounts of bitcoins on exchanges. If you go this route, you will have a better chance to secure your wealth.

This if you plan on acquiring a large amount of coins soon. It is quite an investment (100 usd), but it is well worth it if it means keeping your coins safe.

The security risks are quite real if you don't take care of your computer security, trezor solves these problems for you and even allow you to send coins on infected computers if needed.
I honestly do not know what is the best wallet. But I have heard that some of that is one better than that.
But you must look at the reviews and how often it is used.
kevin go

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 12:35:52 PM

So far im comfort using blockchain..fast low fee and easy for me..
I think mostly wallet is come from blockchain..but all is depending on our choice
|Bitcoin|

Activity: 320

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 01:09:17 PM

no transaction fee is impossible . you can use blockchain or multibit to hold your bitcoin. this two wallet is recommend for beginner like you.
piRunner (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 07:19:20 PM

Once again thanks to everyone!  Grin

I'll try each for a week and see how they work and will go with the best one and share which one I chose, but more suggestions are appreciated?
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 07:34:05 PM

I would recommend electrum for desktops and mycelium for mobile. i've been using those two wallets for very long without any problems.  Wink
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 07:38:55 PM

I just use Xapo, I know they don't release the private keys but as I don't hold that much I don't really care and the service is very good with great security. I doubt they will run with the money and I may try their Vault option once I have some more BTC. I think for most people services like this are essential to bring Bitcoin to the masses really, the other ones are clearly stuff made for nerds. No woman ever will use that.
Ruzka

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 09:02:16 PM

For example:
1. Free
and etc....

Thanks!

The best bitcoin wallet to get is the one which you personally prefer and feel safe with.

1, Paper wallet. Nearly free.

2, Connected to bank? That is a strange one. Not sure any are. I will go with Ledger

3, If you want your transaction to confirm in time then pay a small fee. Not worth getting out of paying a few cents for a transaction for 100's.

All in all I prefer the Ledger wallet as it is super easy to use and safe, it does cost a small amount but you pay for what you get and it is easy to access should you need to.

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 10:14:31 PM

I am using Bitcoin Core and Electrum. I use Bitcoin Core mainly to store my Bitcoins for the long term. It needs you to download the complete blockchain which might take you some days to complete it. Electrum is what I use for easy and quick transactions. Unlike Bitcoin Core, the Electrum wallet doesn't require you to download the entire blockchain. Easy and fast.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 10:17:35 PM

For example:
1. Free
and etc....

Thanks!
Mostly all wallets are free to use (unless you used to buy a hardware wallet),with no fee is xapo and coinbase as far as i know.
piRunner (OP)

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 11:48:22 PM

Guys does electrum have transaction fee? If so, how much?
elizabethqueen

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 11:58:17 PM

For example:
1. Free
and etc....

Thanks!
so many bitcoin online wallet in bitcoin world,of course almost all of them free and no need connect to bank account,i just use blockchain and coinbase,so far they are really good,as long you put maximal security system.

sabreok

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 12:07:15 AM

There is the standard transaction fee that goes to the miners (integral part of bitcoin, all wallets do this). In Electrum, the user can define which amount they want to pay per kilobyte. (Recommended fees can be found here: http://www.cointape.com/)

If you are talking about a transaction fee that goes to the creators of Electrum, then no, there isn't.

Because the Electrum blockchain info servers are volunteer-run, it's a good idea to tip them every once in a while in the "console" tab of Electrum.
Tavos

Activity: 140

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 12:11:14 AM

Electrum does not have its own fees, though you still have to (and should) pay the miner fees.
Electrum is what I would recommend.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: