Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:04:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a currency with Proof Of Uptime ?  (Read 529 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ish (OP)

Activity: 176
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 05:12:42 AM

Is there a currency, which rewards nodes which have high uptime, low ping and longest geographical path to other nodes?

I.e. it should detect most stable nodes in different parts of the world and reward them

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 05:21:22 AM

Is there a currency, which rewards nodes which have high uptime, low ping and longest geographical path to other nodes?

I.e. it should detect most stable nodes in different parts of the world and reward them

DASH do that as far as I know , but you should have a specific amount of DASH to be able to start earning (can't remember how much but I guess it's 1000 DASH) .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2016, 06:15:11 AM

you mean proof of stake, OP. most of PoS coin require an online & unlocked wallet in order to stake. this is essentially proof of uptime

ish (OP)

Activity: 176
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 06:19:03 AM

this is essentially proof of uptime

I also want them to be geographically distributed. Otherwise it is possible to set a cluster of virtual nodes on the same physical machine with high uptime, and ping between them will be near zero...
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 11:15:44 AM

this is essentially proof of uptime

I also want them to be geographically distributed. Otherwise it is possible to set a cluster of virtual nodes on the same physical machine with high uptime, and ping between them will be near zero...

Finding the geographical location of a host is an interesting question in all cloud(like) environments. I'm afraid a that's not going to work without a GPS device. As an alternative, you can investigate the next routing hops, but trace route not allowed on many networks, so that might or might not work.
SISAR

Activity: 651
Merit: 518

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 07:43:15 PM

http://timekoin.org/
Bithereum Network

Activity: 228
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2019, 09:45:36 PM

Yes, there is! Bithereum (Bitcoin fork - https://bithereum.network/) uses Proof of Uptime (PoU) to reward anyone who runs a full node. This has been going on for over roughly 4 months and last week 186 full nodes were rewarded!

We just released a new tool called the Bithereum Node Tool which allows people to spin up a full node (pruned) with just 4GB of storage in just a few clicks of a button. We just posted our blog on PoU v2 with the node tool here: https://medium.com/bithereum-network/bithereums-proof-of-uptime-v2-0-69da7c1ca17
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: