Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:41:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Mining Game to Earn BTC  (Read 4280 times)
Funny

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

Bonus Claim Url: http://betonline.wager.bz

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 09:21:19 AM

The point of ore mine and its predecessors was for people to invest money when they get some kind of reward with the faucet. So with only faucet it although generates ad views doesn't incentivise people to actually treat the site any differently than a faucet.

And of course when you do set up a investment based mining game it's usually unstable, thus being a ponzi scheme.

irynet (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:19:07 AM

I am so glad to see that this topic has been repurposed, and that you, irynet, are still giving this thought.

One thing that will lead to (greed and certain) collapse of your site is when players overinvest. Let's say that you offer a decent (not amazing, but decent) ROI that is very realistic and doesn't reek of "Ponzi". Now let's say that 100 users all of a sudden invest in that plan. Would you be able to pay back the 100 people their ROI on a daily basis, given the overnight spike in upgrades? How about on a weekly basis? What about a monthly basis? Chances are, that you won't be able to. Sites that claim that they can pay back these high-investing members from the advertising revenue simply don't understand how ad revenue works. Just because I invest 1BTC to upgrade my plan their site doesn't make the ads I view worth anywhere near that... Or any different from a free user on their site... So how in God's name are they going to pay me back my investment based on "ad revenue" as they claim?

Overall, I would love to see an exclusive faucet/generator that only allows a certain amount of users. You can keep the buzz alive by offering chatboxes and maybe some basic forums or a shoutbox for non-members to see how the members are doing... And it's a great way to start an email marketing campaign. You can take email addresses of people that want to join but just don't have the slots available for.

Manage expectations from the very beginning, and explain that you truly will be sharing your ad revenue with the members of your site. A breakdown can be done something like this (don't use these, I'm just guesstimating):

Phase 0 (the beta, development and programming phase)
100 Free Accounts
5 Level 1 Upgraded Accounts
3 Level 2 Upgraded Accounts
1 Level 3 Upgraded Accounts

Phase 1 (while you balance out your ad revenue vs cost of operating the site; maybe 30-60 days)
5,000 Free Accounts
25 Level 1 Upgraded Accounts
10 Level 2 Upgraded Accounts
5 Level 3 Upgraded Accounts

Phase 2 (After you have a good average earning per visit/user of your site)
10,000 Free Accounts
35 Level 1 accounts
15 Level 2 accounts
10 Level 3 accounts

and so on.

You could also do a transparent advertising report off of your AdSense and whatever other network you use, that shows registered members exactly how much you are earning from ad revenue. And then you do somewhat of a split like this:

Ad Revenue Split
25% to admin
30% to free users
15% to Level 1
15% to Level 2
15% to Level 3

You should also have a faucet available for any member to use (but mandatory for free members to earn satoshi and unlock weekly ad splits), or credits/tokens worth satoshi, and the value of that credit/token fluctuates based on how much advertising revenue you are producing. At the end of every week, or on every Sunday (for example), you can convert the credits/tokens to a BTC value to the users' accounts. Introduce a stipulation as a free member that if a claim is not made within 72 hours, your account and its balance will be forfeited in order to make room for new signups. Once your account/BTC address has forfeited itself, you cannot join the site again until your position in the waitlist has been rotated through again, after allowing the next person in the waiting list to join the site in their place.

Free members MUST claim from the faucet every 72 hours in order to remain a member. This also takes care of the visits on site, and metrics needed to operate a profit from ad revenue. With 5,000 or 10,000 visitors averaging 5-10 hits per visit within every 72 hour window, that's some good hits, that will end up paying back the investments made by paid members.

The reason you'll only have limited paid members per phase is so that you won't become inundated with over-investments, will undoubtedly collapse the ecosystem of your site.

You can use an email marketing program to send members and non-members updates about availability about positions, and as a way to introduce them to new trustworthy faucets/hyip's/generators that you trust and want to refer using your ref link. You can also earn a shitload of money from referrals to other sites... For example, I had 650 referrals from Field of Bitcoins that generated me 0.1BTC per week until their payouts went to shit. Bonus Bitcoin paid me an average of 500k satoshi/day until the Googlegate happened. Referral commissions can be added to your ad revenue, and split amongst the users of your site.

I think this will create an exclusive club that will lead to amazing user retention and time-on-site, as well as create a demand for your brand, as it has limited availability. Of course, the automation on the site has to be amazing, as you don't want to be manually checking 5,000 accounts to see who's been inactive in the past 72 hours... But I think that this is a great concept.

Badge/Recognition/Awards System
Every Level 3 user will get a badge or some form of recognition wherever their name is displayed throughout your site.
Everly Level 2 user will also get a badge.
As will every Level 1 user.
Free users can have the option to earn specific badges, like most claims made within the last 24 hours. Or the last 72 hours. Or the top claimer of the week. Top claimer of the month, etc.

This will help in the chatbox or shoutbox, or any social aspect you introduce to the site. Remember, it's an exclusive site for members, so you should offer them a way to talk to each other. Maybe also have a section/chatbox separate for upgraded members vs. free members.

Introduce a way to advertise on the site internally for members to promote whatever they want. Take 1,000 satoshi from their account for a 2hr ad. 5,000 satoshi for a 12hr ad. 7,500 satoshi for a 24hr ad. And then make a couple featured user ad placements that ONLY upgraded members can utilize.

If you do utilize this concept, and decide develop and program this, I would love to partner with you on this. My expertise is graphic design, marketing, SEO and advertising, and together, we could probably put together a business plan that could take off and start a new revolution in the way that bitcoin investment sites operate...

PM me if you wanna put our heads together and make something happen!

This is a brilliant concept for a site, not sure If I could incorporate all of this into the project im currently working on.

As Ive stated before im no expert at PHP MYSQL, JS, but Im learning fast and have a basic game up and running. Which is certainly lacking graphic design, but I was going to get the graphics done for me on Fiverr.

Im more concerned about the security of the game now, thats why im having to go back to parts of it and change the backend to make it more secure.

The limitations you speak of (eg limiting the number of players) Im going to limit the amount of investment that can be made. Otherwise it simply wont be viable to do only relying on advertising revenue alone and will quickly turn to ponzi (which no one wants especially me). If I can break even and still have a high number of active users that will be worth something by itself.  Once this has been accomplished then I was hoping to roll out another game (with investment limitation again) based around the same backend, but different front end, thus getting more page loads = more advertising revenue.

I like your idea of exclusivity within the game, everyone want to be part of something exclusive and the chatbox (communication) part is a must.

Games without google adsense ring alarm bells straight away, as this type of revenue is traceable  and scammers do not want that.

irynet (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:26:04 AM

The point of ore mine and its predecessors was for people to invest money when they get some kind of reward with the faucet. So with only faucet it although generates ad views doesn't incentivise people to actually treat the site any differently than a faucet.

And of course when you do set up a investment based mining game it's usually unstable, thus being a ponzi scheme.

I think limiting the amount of investment has to be done, therefore the increasing the longevity of the site.

if someone who invests 1 btc, then its going to be imposible to get that back on advertising, and if anyone says they have bots to invest the money in forex and other stuff like that, and if anyone believes that BS, then I have some magic beans here for sales just get in touch.....lol
fedor3327

Activity: 644
Merit: 523

Passionate about Crypto

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 11:28:03 AM

Actually that's possible.
Look:
https://i.imgur.com/5vX7RC5.png
That's experimental chart (one machine, bot working not 24/7) shows that even without referrals you
can get some dust like 0.002/day. 10 machines give 0.02/day. e.t.c.

Regards.
irynet (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 12:38:49 PM

Actually that's possible.
Look:
https://i.imgur.com/5vX7RC5.png
That's experimental chart (one machine, bot working not 24/7) shows that even without referrals you
can get some dust like 0.002/day. 10 machines give 0.02/day. e.t.c.

Regards.
Maybe my inexperience on bot trading is showing and maybe it is possible. If it only takes multiple machines to make a good profit, id be happy to setup multiple machines for you in some kind of VM environment  (Virtulisation is my main job) to help make you more money. But im still very skeptical.

fedor3327

Activity: 644
Merit: 523

Passionate about Crypto

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 01:13:55 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2016, 01:34:57 PM by fedor3327

Cheap VPS cost approx 12$/year so say 100+ give you something real.

P.S.
Sometimes wrote about forex too:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658125.msg8332188#msg8332188
Thanks for offer but have some experience too Smiley .
Regards.
irynet (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 12:15:01 PM

Hi, for anyone still interested in my project. Ive been hard at work cleaning up the game.

Had a lot of CSS work to do, then I decided to use a different backend to secure the user credentials and other game data.

But all the work has nearly produced something reasonable for a novice/amateur coder, the game graphics are not great, but will do for now until I can prioritise some more time on them.

I have 2 more tasks to finish (moving the login box to the front screen & Styling the registration page) and Phase 1 of the game will be finished and anyone interested can have a look.

If anyone is interested Ill be happy to credit your account with enough satoshis to make the game more interesting (enough to buy a few mines). and your more than welcome to withdraw any earnings made.
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 12:39:55 PM

Hi, for anyone still interested in my project. Ive been hard at work cleaning up the game.

Had a lot of CSS work to do, then I decided to use a different backend to secure the user credentials and other game data.

But all the work has nearly produced something reasonable for a novice/amateur coder, the game graphics are not great, but will do for now until I can prioritise some more time on them.

I have 2 more tasks to finish (moving the login box to the front screen & Styling the registration page) and Phase 1 of the game will be finished and anyone interested can have a look.

If anyone is interested Ill be happy to credit your account with enough satoshis to make the game more interesting (enough to buy a few mines). and your more than welcome to withdraw any earnings made.

Send me a PM with some details, and I'd love to test out your site and offer some feedback. Maybe we can work out a deal where I do your graphics in exchange for, I dunno, we can figure it out. Hit me up in PM if you're serious about wanting to move forward with the game, and I'll offer you some great insight from your (slightly above) average faucet user.

Cheers!

irynet (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 01:05:15 PM

Send me a PM with some details, and I'd love to test out your site and offer some feedback. Maybe we can work out a deal where I do your graphics in exchange for, I dunno, we can figure it out. Hit me up in PM if you're serious about wanting to move forward with the game, and I'll offer you some great insight from your (slightly above) average faucet user.

Cheers!

Thanks for the input Joe, Just got a couple of tasks left and I'll definitely Pm you some more details.

I was going to get the artwork done on Fiverr, but im sure we can work something out like you say.

Cheers
irynet (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 11:05:19 AM

I was having issues getting an adsense account for this website, so have deviated a little from the creation of the original website. If I dont have money coming in form advertisments then there would be no point in doing this as I wont be able to pay the people that come to the site.
All this has been sorted now so I can get back to the aesthetics side of the website, as a few people have pointed out its very bland and Horrid (a bit harsh...lol)
MontyOnTheRun

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 06:34:59 AM

I am definitely interested in this and would be happy to have the opportunity to invest some BTC in a site which wasn't going to scam me or fold immediately. I got into Bitfactory right at the start so didn't lose anything but it's galling to login and see I've currently got a balance of 44 mBTC with buildings halfway through their life knowing that I'm never gonna see it in my wallet.

So when you get the site up and running send me a PM and I'll definitely invest time in helping us both make some money - I already spend about 30 minutes a day on BTCClicks, Moonbitcoin, freebitco.in earning about 2 mBTC a week.

Bitcoinget.com
Earn BTC for Surveys, Tasks and Offers - 0.295 BTC so far!!
irynet (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 01:13:15 PM

I know how you feel Monty, I only logged into Bitfactory myself the other day and saw i have .141 btc and all my buildings run out.

Ive completed phase 1 of the site now, so its functionality is all up and running and thanks to some help from members of this forum, ive started to style it a bit more and more emphasis being placed on the userflow of the site.

If you PM me ill be happy to send you the link, constructive criticisms are always welcome
MontyOnTheRun

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 12:09:39 PM

I've had a quick look and like the overall thought behind the site - not too much of a fan of the navy and red colour scheme tbf. The HTML is quite a mess though with sections in the wrong place. For example:

The highlighted text would normally only be at the top of the html document and only one instance. I'm working tonight so I can have a go at making it neater for you if you want (it's been a while since I've played with HTML but it might help).

I can also help with graphics and images - I'm not very good at creating new work but am pretty good at finding images online (free to use ones) and adapting them.

Bitcoinget.com
irynet (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 02:16:06 PM

Thanks for pointing that out Monty. That script is left over from modifying the templates that I based the include once files on (within the PHP Code).

I'll strip it all out and put it in the Header file I use. Then it should only appear at the top of every page going forward.

Im just finishing off a stats menu bar for the left hand side of the page, its a step away from the feel of the site as it stands now, but this new menu is they way im going to take it forward. Ill PM you once it looking half decent for your opinion

alwinlinzee

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 03:44:31 PM

Is there enough money in advertising revenue to cover the payouts? This depends on the network you signup with.
Will people actual invest and visit the site? Yes
Can people play for free? yes
Deposit limitations?
1btc.

irynet (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 04:56:54 PM

Hi alwinlinzee, from my initial calcs, I think there is enough money via ads but just in case I'm going to guarantee the first 50 or so players there money back, I'll hold a few bitcoins in the wallet to prove this. Hopefully this will give a bit of reassurance to other people, other than this I'm not sure what else I can do.

I'm signed up with Adsense just need to get some proper content on the site first before it goes live.

The idea is People can play for free and invest, but the limitations on deposits will be .1 btc, anything more and I won't be able to pay out. If everything goes well with the first site then I'll apply it to the next site and so on.

I'm not really bothered about making money from the site at this stage, but looking further ahead for a resale value in the future.

If your interested in having a little look pm me, I'd welcome your advice
MontyOnTheRun

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 08:34:55 PM

Hi Irynet,

I had a little go at cleaning the html for you - https://www.dropbox.com/s/owtph1dkdg2hc5t/miningforfree.html?dl=0 - I was bored at work lol

I've found that the main logo for the site when you click on it it tries to go to http://www.miningforfree.com/miningforfree/index.php instead of the correct address for the home page. Also on the Mine Map main screen whichever continent you try to buy a mine on the next screen always brings up North America.

Bitcoinget.com
irynet (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:30:37 AM

Hi Irynet,

I had a little go at cleaning the html for you - https://www.dropbox.com/s/owtph1dkdg2hc5t/miningforfree.html?dl=0 - I was bored at work lol

I've found that the main logo for the site when you click on it it tries to go to http://www.miningforfree.com/miningforfree/index.php instead of the correct address for the home page. Also on the Mine Map main screen whichever continent you try to buy a mine on the next screen always brings up North America.

Hi Monty, I'm going to implement the html changes today (that you helped with). The logo is now fixed (on my test server) so just awaiting an upload to the main site.

I'm not going to worry about North America continent appearing in every mine just yet as I'm in the process of creating some more aesthetically pleasing graphics. Some are uploaded to the server if you want to take a look and give me some feedback.

Thanks for the help again
irynet (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 09:20:23 PM

Much improved Graphics added to the site, Its starting to look at lot more appealing now
Berthorl

Activity: 135

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 09:41:44 PM

So are we ready to play this mining game?

Or is this still in the works?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: