Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:45:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Road To World War 3  (Read 3231 times)
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 03:22:33 PM

Of course taxes can be onerous, even tyrannical. But as long as people have a say in how their tax money is spent, taxes are a good idea. Something like a highway would not be built without it. As evidence, the first highway system were the Roman roads. The trade and connections they brought led to a massive increase in the standard of living and helped usher in the Pax Romana.
A private road network would require tolls at whatever rate the owner can extract. It could also require that you be a certain religion, or any other criteria. It would also not go far. In a society without government, power would be extremely localized and no one could oversee a project over hundreds of miles. Furthermore, it would be profoundly dangerous to travel.

Your life would be struggling to find enough food and medicine. Then one day the neighbors would come and take everything.  This is how all people lived until civilization, and why civilization became humanities most popular meme.   

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cointoss

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 12:04:11 AM

Don't fall for this garbage, folks. Lost Horizons and the book "Cracking the Code" are by Peter Hendrickson. He has been in trouble with the law for years for doing the things he does. Do not believe that you can just get away with it.

You are being told that you can safely stop paying your taxes by a man who has been convicted and served time in prison twice! for his tax schemes.

http://tpgurus.wikidot.com/peter-hendrickson

QQCoin: QQSRP5u9yL7KtDAsGX7XmQ6QxHiA7BCGAv    doge: D8yy1FW5FdkoFCQP1nQeWGKX3ugcbegpJD

BTC: 15ExWcdDN38o852bC2jBEuC5igqp8gdtAK             EAC: eV9qafrM8uGaNzbvLXRCVVXkmmysUv7fud
dscotese (OP)

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

I prefer evolution to revolution.

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 05:30:56 AM

Don't fall for this garbage, folks. Lost Horizons and the book "Cracking the Code" are by Peter Hendrickson. He has been in trouble with the law for years for doing the things he does. Do not believe that you can just get away with it.

You are being told that you can safely stop paying your taxes by a man who has been convicted and served time in prison twice! for his tax schemes.

I provided links earlier in the thread to better and more accurate information than what is presented at the tpgurus wiki.  The advice not to fall for garbage is good.  The reader has to decide for himself what is garbage and what isn't.  The volume of information at the tpgurus page is impressive, but it relies too much on that volume rather than sound legal arguments.

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Satoshi Nakamoto: "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 11:59:44 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2013, 12:14:47 PM by Spendulus

Of course taxes can be onerous, even tyrannical. But as long as people have a say in how their tax money is spent, taxes are a good idea. Something like a highway would not be built without it. As evidence, the first highway system were the Roman roads. The trade and connections they brought led to a massive increase in the standard of living and helped usher in the Pax Romana.
A private road network would require tolls at whatever rate the owner can extract. It could also require that you be a certain religion, or any other criteria. It would also not go far. In a society without government, power would be extremely localized and no one could oversee a project over hundreds of miles. .....

Actually, widespread networks and computers, coupled with micropayments, at least technically is enabling for numerous prior "government functions" to be taken over by the private sector.

The reason is that economically, what you state as the advantage of funding through taxation is actually only funding through a method that collects small amounts from everyone.  And it is impractical to place someone in a toll booth position to collect 1/10 cent every time someone uses a section of a public road, because the costs of the toll booth operators would be in excess of the monies collected.  Hence, taxes for supposed social goods.
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 02:10:58 PM

I provided links earlier in the thread to better and more accurate information than what is presented at the tpgurus wiki.  The advice not to fall for garbage is good.  The reader has to decide for himself what is garbage and what isn't.  The volume of information at the tpgurus page is impressive, but it relies too much on that volume rather than sound legal arguments.

When you say "better" or "more accurate" information, do you mean you don't believe the man was jailed twice, went bankrupt and that his followers also lost in court?
dscotese (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 03:36:03 PM

When you say "better" or "more accurate" information, do you mean you don't believe the man was jailed twice, went bankrupt and that his followers also lost in court?
No.  I mean better and more accurate.  What I believe isn't really of any import.  People have to figure it out for themselves.  The way people get jailed or fined requires that they be ignorant, for example relying on what others believe instead of studying the material themselves.

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 03:51:05 PM

...snip...
No.  I mean better and more accurate.  What I believe isn't really of any import.  People have to figure it out for themselves.  The way people get jailed or fined requires that they be ignorant, for example relying on what others believe instead of studying the material themselves.

A certain amount of law breaking tends to be involved as well...
dscotese (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 04:51:26 PM

...snip...

A certain amount of law breaking tends to be involved as well...
Can you give an example?  I mean, aside from the law breaking that most people already do every day.

stevenh512

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 05:50:20 PM

So if we stop paying taxes who is going to repair the roads, put out fires, check the safety of food?.... well, you get it.  Or is that the sort of tyranny we want to avoid?

Repair the roads? They'd have to be doing that in the first place for me to be concerned with it.. other than major earthquake damage (less than once every 10 years or so), the roads around here are never repaired or maintained.

Put out fires? Where I live, there are more volunteer firefighters than paid ones.

Check the safety of food? Really? I don't want the people pushing genetically modified foods and high fructose corn syrup telling me what's safe to eat and what isn't. Same goes for drugs, BTW, they're pushing all these big pharma drugs with side effects worse than the diseases they're supposed to treat while healthy and natural medicines are banned.

This signature intentionally left blank.
c0rw1n

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 08:18:40 PM

For roads and other "chunks" of work => Dominant assurance contracts
For basic necessities like running electricity and such => pay-to-policy outputs

For product safety : full reports of how everything is made. Basically a window on each item, that opens to show the whole production process, from extraction/growth to the end-user.
(inb4 "wut, lcd screens errywhere?"  : No, just hyperlinks.)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: