Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:15:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2016-02-08] Shackling Bitcoin Not the Answer with EU Proposal...  (Read 235 times)
sirohige (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 04:39:20 PM

FACT: Government administrators are people that are scared of things too. Only they have the power to take unrealistic fears and turn them into bizarre witch hunts and, in the worst case scenario, illogical legislation.

Yes, I know Ross Ulbricht, blah blah blah. Certainly some nefarious activity can be connected to cryptos/ digital currency. But I would wager that some nefarious activity can be connected to many things. Let us keep in mind, the U.S. Treasury Department launched a formal inquiry into whether or not the Toyota Motor Corp. was supplying ISIS with trucks. Let us understand this thought process. 1) We see many ISIS fighters using Toyota trucks. 2) Toyota must know how they are being acquired (or must be selling the trucks to ISIS). I will readily admit that I would not put it past any multinational corporation to engage in semi-legal profit grabs (we see this in finance consistently in the U.S.) but this does seem a little far fetched.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/shackling-bitcoin-not-the-answer-with-eu-proposal-to-curb-terrorism-financing/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: