Bitcoin Forum
August 05, 2024, 04:22:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2016-02-09] Bitcoin to live on like the Pterodactyl  (Read 364 times)
trinaldao (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 03:14:01 AM

The reports of the death of Bitcoin may be exaggerations but they're out there.
In a widely read post, one of the most prominent Bitcoin developers, Mike Hearn, announced he had pulled out of the project because Bitcoin had failed. Others will disagree but Hearn made some points that are pertinent whether he's right or wrong.

“Why has Bitcoin failed? It has failed because the community has failed,” Hearn lamented.

“What was meant to be a new, decentralised form of money that lacked 'systemically important institutions' and 'too big to fail' has become something even worse: a system completely controlled by just a handful of people. Worse still, the network is on the brink of technical collapse. The mechanisms that should have prevented this outcome have broken down.”

https://bluenotes.anz.com/posts/2016/02/bitcoin-to-live-on-like-the-pterodactyl/

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1116

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 03:24:28 AM

What a shitty article. Thanks for sharing. Smiley

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: