Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:56:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please help me , Did i lose my bitcoins?  (Read 630 times)
realg7778 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 10:39:52 PM

Some one sent me bitcoins to the address i gave him , and i cant see them , i got the bit coin client , downloaded and i created a new address , how ever the sync thing is not finished yet its almost finished , but i didnt think it would matter
did i lose my bitcoins ?
Please , that was like 400$ worth of bitcoins , Dam.
lucif

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 10:44:01 PM

Just wait for sync complete
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 10:44:45 PM

Where did you get the address you gave him?
realg7778 (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 10:45:49 PM

Hey , i generated it myself from the bitcoin client , what do you think is this correct?
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 10:46:57 PM

You generated it from the client, which hasn't yet fully synched to the network?

In this case you're fine. When it is finished synching, the coins will  show up.
lassdas
Legendary

Activity: 3652
Merit: 1447

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 10:47:56 PM

In the meantime you can check
http://blockchain.info/address/<your-bitcoinaddress-here>
to see if those bitcoins you bought actually arrived at your address or not.
realg7778 (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 10:51:48 PM

thank you and thank you too sir above me , i checked it and it shows , waiting for my client to sync now
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 11:02:10 PM

If you are not willing to take the time to read up on Bitcoin-Qt and learn about it, you might want to consider one of the other clients that are a bit more user-friendly for new users such as Electrum or Multibit.  You also might want to look into using one of the web hosted wallets such as blockchain.info.
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 11:07:47 PM

thank you and thank you too sir above me , i checked it and it shows , waiting for my client to sync now
Since you are obviously just starting to use Bitcoin, would you mind sharing the first impressions? What was most confusing, frustrating, challenging? What was easy and obvious?

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
realg7778 (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 11:13:31 PM

i am more then willing to read about it , just didnt think there was much to read about

also reply to niko :  what was confusing is the fact i didnt understand and still dont fully understand the way bitcoin works , who controls it , and who is on top, there most always be a boss , easy and obvious is controlling the bitcoin software i suppose i didnt have any problems with that , what i did spend some time on is understanding the way this currency exists and what is behind the scenes , i am at this very moment still learning
but using bitcoin for payments and recieveing payments is as simple as it gets , infact if you dont care what is bitcoin and just treat it as a regular wallet and cash , then its as simple as taking a bill out from your wallet , i guess best way to describe it .
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 11:23:36 PM

Bitcoin is purely peer-to-peer. There really is no boss - or everybody's boss.

The innovators and very early adopters are likely to possess more BTC than everyone else, because BTC used to be very cheap to buy or easy to mine with a reasonably powerful CPU. But that is no problem, because later adopters also use Bitcoin voluntarily, not by force of the State or anyone else, and so they must derive some benefit from it to be using it in the first place. (Say Alice wants to send Bob about $50 and decides Bitcoin is the best payment mechanism, and Bob will just cash back to fiat at the other end. Alice converts the $50 to bitcoin - say about BTC4 today - and Bob collects the BTC4 and cashes back out to get ~$50 minus conversion fees. Fast forward a few years where the BTC/$ exchange rate is 1000x higher. Alice buys 4 BTM with her $50 and Bob cashes out. It makes no difference. Bitcoin will benefit everyone who voluntarily adopts it, but obviously the early adopters are rewarded more, akin to early investors in Apple, Microsoft or Google. HTH.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: