Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:09:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: World's First Bitcoin Mining IPO Misses Target by AUD $14 Million  (Read 621 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 07:55:29 AM

The first fundraising in the world for an initial public offering of a Bitcoin mining company has raised 5.9 million Australian dollars, (USD $4.2 million) – falling short of its target of AUD $20 million.
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/world-s-first-bitcoin-mining-ipo-misses-target-by-aud-million-1454963974

There seems to be a lot of money around for investment in Bitcoin related projects, Do you think that the failure of this mining ipo reflects a belief that mining profits will decline over the next few years?

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 3440

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 10:17:38 AM

I think their failure to not reach their target of $20 M (in AUD) it has little to do with rewards declining by years to come but perhaps it's to investors either not having enough cash to splash or the group failing into making them believe that it does have a potential into profiting great in the long run but since some of the companies that have been active on the same field have got only some profits, then that could have been a factors. $14M is still a large money and not sure why they don't want to at least start with lesser equipment's and go from there.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1500

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 11:59:35 AM

I doubt that it is because of decreasing mining profitability.

what I feel is that the main reason is awareness. general people don't know what is bitcoin and also they will not believe the theory, that money can be mined!! Becase they can't think beyond fiat.

The good thing is that, slowly but surely, bitcoin is gaining popularity among general people. But it will take time and can't be achieved overnight.

cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 01:47:25 PM

It seems like a really strange idea to invest in a mining center right now with the low profitability.  Unless you're making the hardware yourself, you're going to have a very hard time making any sort of ROI.  Mining is increasingly turning into something for Bitcoin fanatics to have as a hobby to support the network, along with farms that were made back when it was profitable that aren't losing enough to close up shop yet.

I don't get why they don't invest the same money into making a actual datacenter and maybe put hardware in leftover space.

calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 01:51:50 PM

They maybe just had a bad business plan, it dosn't mean that investors are worried.  There are other opportunities to invest in at the minute within the crypto world.  i reackon that either the price of a bitcoin rises after the halving or some companies will go broke.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 04:28:14 PM

This just means people are losing faith in cloud mining, basically. There's a constant fear that they'll be scamming... As for profitability, don't know and don't really care about their electric rates Cheesy
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 09:04:55 AM

There seems to be a lot of money around for investment in Bitcoin related projects, Do you think that the failure of this mining ipo reflects a belief that mining profits will decline over the next few years?

Mining projects used to be unprofitable and/or scams. Mining profits going to decline as soon as they start mining unless they have free or very cheap electricity and maintenance crew. I'm not a bit surprised because of this failure.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2016, 09:26:10 AM

Maybe investors are concerned about the future of subsidised electricity in China

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: