Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:13:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Who controls the Bitcoins?  (Read 46400 times)
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 10:09:52 AM

If you mean by controling the bitcoin its price, then it is supply and demand which control it.
Bitcoin is a decentralized currency so every one who run a node, every miner and every holder, are sharing the control in somehow
That's the beauty of bitcoins that it is not controlled by anyone, any authority. It is the people's currency on which only people have control. That's the best part of it. It can be anyone, holders or miners of bitcoins. Only the people who uses bitcoins are it's owner.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arlene05973

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

A day without a buzz is like a day that never was

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 01:20:24 PM

Ha ha, who control bitcoin Huh

I'll tell you who actually control bitcoins.

It's controlled by =>Mr Nobody   <= can you see what is in between the two opposite arrow?

Those are the people who have control/influence on bitcoin.

Thank
gregyoung14

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 01:40:15 PM

If you mean by controling the bitcoin its price, then it is supply and demand which control it.
Bitcoin is a decentralized currency so every one who run a node, every miner and every holder, are sharing the control in somehow
That's the beauty of bitcoins that it is not controlled by anyone, any authority. It is the people's currency on which only people have control. That's the best part of it. It can be anyone, holders or miners of bitcoins. Only the people who uses bitcoins are it's owner.

Yep, this is just as its name its suggest. Cryptocurrency. Mean to say it's just about the same as any other currency there is. Noone actually controls them. The general market depends its values.
18xk5oT2rLrAc24SL96XT14BX

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 06:50:18 PM

Who in the world controls the bitcoin? I don't understand where it appeared and how it began to be one of the official currencies?
Who controls the course of Bitcoin?
That's a good thing as well as bad as anyone can open a bitcoin wallet without any verification and this makes it risky as well. The prices are manipulated by exchanges/markets and the coins in a wallet are controlled by the owner of the wallet via a private key.
Baby Rage

Activity: 182

Qtum • Value Transfer Protocol DAPP Platform

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 07:04:25 PM

we all control our own bitcoin. until we send it to someone else

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ Qtum █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
●▬●▬●▬● First UTXO Based PoS Smart Contract and DAPP Platform ●▬●▬●▬●
▃▃▃▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▃▃▃
Blackmet

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2016, 12:24:05 AM

Nobody controls bitcoin, i don't really know how it can be controled. Maybe community can change a price a bit by trading but nothing else i think.

ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 12:32:54 AM

Who in the world controls the bitcoin? I don't understand where it appeared and how it began to be one of the official currencies?

There are two small groups that control bitcoin 100%, the miners and the developers. Either can implement whatever changes they want.

Other may argue the "community" could reject these changes but the community really has no power other than voicing their complaints to those two groups.

Software developers can propose and implement changes to the bitcoin code. Then it is a question of whether the miners implement the changes, changing bitcoin. If a split occurs between miners over a disagreement as to which software should be used, then bitcoin would fork and there would be two chains. Anyone who owned bitcoin would own coins on each chain.

At this point the market of bitcoin users would have to decide which coin(s) they value and how much. Even if most miners went with one version of bitcoin, if actual bitcoin users preferred the coin with the minority of miners, then those miners would reap much greater profits due to the lack of competition. So the miners on the first chain would have a strong incentive to switch to mining the coin with more value.

So I guess you could say the entire market of users has the final say in controlling bitcoin. The developers can try to force a change on miners they don't want, and miners can try to force a change on bitcoin users that the users don't like. But so long as some miners mine the version that users prefer, it is the users (as an entire group) who have ultimate control. And I think that's pretty cool.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 04:04:37 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2016, 01:35:25 PM by machinek20

no one control bitcoin as i think, because bitcoin is decentralize, that is the reason why many people choose bitcoin because the control is in the user not some big company that can monopolize it
quintiilieo

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 04:11:22 AM

All the bitcoin users control the bitcoin but if you have many bitcoin that you store or hoard you can control it than others. Like in the market if you have many stock and others dont have and you hide it. The price will rise and many want to buy it. So that you sell it at high price. So if you have many bitcoin thst you store you can control the price .

genos

Activity: 574

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 04:17:00 AM

In my point of view bitcoin can not really to control by anyone. It is very difficult to handled all activities of bitcoin.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[[[ Whitepaper    Twitter     Facebook]]]
[[[  Telegram      Medium     Youtube ]]]
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 04:43:59 AM

Bitcoin is a simplified idea.

The blockchain is bitcoin. The blockchain is held up by nodes and built up by miners. The blockchain is the Ledger, which records a number for every address. That number is added to and subtracted from every time you make and recieve a transaction.

"Bitcoin" is that number.

TL;DR: The community controls bitcoin.
Enotche

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 06:38:59 AM

Bitcoin does not belong to anyone. This technology can be used by anyone who follows the rules of the currency.
It is not controlled by any central bank.
Everyone can see that this currency does just what it should be, and the greater its creator does not control transactions with Bitcoin.
Now it is done by independent developers. That is Bitcoin was the so-called open source software, which is a free download and use at its discretion.
Boosterious

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

The mind is everything. What you think you become.

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 08:15:01 AM

It's controlled by =>Mr Nobody   <= can you see what is in between the two opposite arrow?

Thank
if OP have 2 years or 1 year on bitcoin world,i think he will no ask about this question,we all know about undecetralize of bitcoin,this is should explain anything,and blockchain also give us slogan "be your own bank" that's clearly tell us that bitcoin not control by anyone.

blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 09:25:58 AM

Thank
if OP have 2 years or 1 year on bitcoin world,i think he will no ask about this question,we all know about undecetralize of bitcoin,this is should explain anything,and blockchain also give us slogan "be your own bank" that's clearly tell us that bitcoin not control by anyone.
blockchain provide slogan "be your own bank," but they are online wallet? all the user information stored in the database of the site? and many people say that they could be a scam? it appears that there is any control at their bitcoin?
katrimans

Activity: 882

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 03:38:28 AM

In theory this is pretty correct, but in practice big miner companies and speculators do have a significant power over the price of the currency and it's own supply and demand. hence we can say they have a level of control over bitcoin.

No one and everyone. But only if you has bitcoin in wallet you have some control. Its the people currecny and there is no control of Govt. Over it.
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 04:19:03 AM

Its controlled by MATH......  so basically the chinese

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 02:22:30 PM

In theory this is pretty correct, but in practice big miner companies and speculators do have a significant power over the price of the currency and it's own supply and demand. hence we can say they have a level of control over bitcoin.

No one and everyone. But only if you has bitcoin in wallet you have some control. Its the people currecny and there is no control of Govt. Over it.
decentralization is very important for financial transactions online. because if not decentralization like paypal. it may be very risky. see easily people becomes evil when looking for large money moreover very difficult to track crime in online. so bitcoin give security for you guys who want to save money and have full control over your money
diodio5

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 11:38:02 AM

Thank
I think no one can control the performance and regulation of bitcoin, bitcoin is decentralized so no one else can do that. if the effects of bitcoin users certainly have an important role for external controls on prices and so on. but basically no people control bitcoin
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 11:42:15 AM

Its controlled by MATH......  so basically the chinese

Yes, put it in a different way more than the 80% of mining activities are run in China. That can be a problem in terms of security even though I believe there can't be a joint effort regarding a 51% attack or all these guys will lose their money.
However, it is problem if we want to see the big picture.
delliaerd

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 11:49:25 AM

Thank
I think no one can control the performance and regulation of bitcoin, bitcoin is decentralized so no one else can do that. if the effects of bitcoin users certainly have an important role for external controls on prices and so on. but basically no people control bitcoin

I totally agree with you mate, bitcoin is very difficult to control all of about it. Because bitcoin is anonymous and no one can really control  bitcoin. Some country can prohibit their national citizens but that country can't really control the activities of bitcoin too much.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: