Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:49:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Who controls the Bitcoins?  (Read 46400 times)
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 08:17:12 PM

I  think there are some group of people who earn a lot , they control the bitcoins.
i think a group of people are a single state cannot control or effect bitcoin. i think bitcoin is free and is not under control of any one, the only fact is that bitcoin is under control of person who is using it i am controlling the amount of bitcoins i have.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 08:30:51 PM

I  think there are some group of people who earn a lot , they control the bitcoins.
i think a group of people are a single state cannot control or effect bitcoin. i think bitcoin is free and is not under control of any one, the only fact is that bitcoin is under control of person who is using it i am controlling the amount of bitcoins i have.
Amen. If someone thinks they control BTC then try controlling mine and find out how wrong this notion is.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
PeRo

Activity: 1040
Merit: 538

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 08:41:09 PM

As stated, Bitcoin is not controlled, that is what makes it great and innovative. Everyone controls his own Bitcoins and everyone has a role, smaller or bigger. The price depends on the demand and supply, so users of Bitcoin alltogether control the price.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
valley365

Activity: 868
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 12:08:45 AM

Well users control bitcoins right? That's why some are saying that bitcoin is free!

I think control is not the right word for us, but we are the ones who are contributing for whatever is happening to bitcoins economy. And the people who are having the highest contribution are those so called 'whales' in bitcoin. Those people are holding thousands of bitcoins in their cold storage and every single move they are making has an effect to the bitcoin society.
every one has the right to keep any amount of bitcoin with them, there is no limit of keeping bitcoin, therefore they cannot be blame, and the second is that bitcoin is a universal currency and decentralize therefore it is not so easy to manipulate the price of bitcoin.

Ya it is true that bitcoin is free and their is no one who controls it, it is generated through algorithm software and who ever is having it in wallet with private key is the owner of the bitcoin. As it is free coin which can be generated by anyone so no one is the controller of bitcoin

Exactly, but for the whole bitcoin system there is none who use to control bitcoins. Because it is already automatic to keep on cycling in the economy with the help of its users. And for the bitcoin economy, regarding its value. We are the ones who are responsible for its fluctuation because of the demand that bitcoin gets from us.

I am not sure. There's a master private key that allows people to overwrite checkpoints and there's a private key for alerts. I heard before a few people (devs) have these keys. They are the ones, if they want, can really mess up with the bitcoin (i.e. they can release a new checkpoint and sign with their private key, and it will overwrite the existing checkpoints).
tardi

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 06:42:35 AM

Who in the world controls the bitcoin? I don't understand where it appeared and how it began to be one of the official currencies?
Who controls the course of Bitcoin?

Illuminati confirmed.
No one controls Bitcoins it is a decentralized network. Smiley
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 12:59:04 PM

As stated, Bitcoin is not controlled, that is what makes it great and innovative. Everyone controls his own Bitcoins and everyone has a role, smaller or bigger. The price depends on the demand and supply, so users of Bitcoin alltogether control the price.

And the demand and supply simply depends on money. Some people have a lot of money and that's why they have bigger roles than others as mentioned in your post. Bigger roles means they can affect the market more significantly than normal users. I still believe that no one is playing with the price of bitcoins right now. No one is controlling it right now, they're simply letting the market move by itself. But eventually, the whales would start moving. Because if they don't, then what's the point of them being in the game and waiting for so long. Grin

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 03:03:59 PM

And the demand and supply simply depends on money. Some people have a lot of money and that's why they have bigger roles than others as mentioned in your post. Bigger roles means they can affect the market more significantly than normal users. I still believe that no one is playing with the price of bitcoins right now. No one is controlling it right now, they're simply letting the market move by itself. But eventually, the whales would start moving. Because if they don't,  then what's the point of them being in the game and waiting for so long. Grin

If the whales are early adopters, they might not care for the price of Bitcoin as much as we do. The very fact that they were early adopters and yet didn't cash out could explain why they are still in the game. They are not waiting for the price to hit some certain level, they are obviously waiting when Bitcoin becomes a new global money and they themselves turn into a new wealthy elite.
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 05:26:46 PM

If the whales are early adopters, they might not care for the price of Bitcoin as much as we do. The very fact that they were early adopters and yet didn't cash out could explain why they are still in the game. They are not waiting for the price to hit some certain level, they are obviously waiting when Bitcoin becomes a new global money and they themselves turn into a new wealthy elite.
I suppose I am an early adopter. I have been at it since 2010. Like many of the others I know, we are not interested in the price. I don't care about wealth, just economic freedom. That's what this is about for me and I have no intention of ever "cashing out". I have never sold a bitcoin because bitcoin is the cash I want. If I find myself sitting on a 100 million USD in BTC, I'll donate it somewhere.

tee-rex

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 05:36:31 PM

I suppose I am an early adopter. I have been at it since 2010. Like many of the others I know, we are not interested in the price. I don't care about wealth, just economic freedom. That's what this is about for me and I have no intention of ever "cashing out". I have never sold a bitcoin because bitcoin is the cash I want. If I find myself sitting on a 100 million USD in BTC, I'll donate it somewhere.

So it looks like that I'm right about you, the early adopter guys. You are just waiting patiently when Bitcoin becomes the major money, and then you will be both liked and envied or even hated by smaller people like us, who were not that lucky to jump on the Bitcoin bandwagon in time. But if you don't transact what's the purpose of economic freedom to you then?
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 05:50:34 PM

So it looks like that I'm right about you, the early adopter guys. You are just waiting patiently when Bitcoin becomes the major money, and then you will be both liked and envied or even hated by smaller people like us, who were not that lucky to jump on the Bitcoin bandwagon in time. But if you don't transact what's the purpose of economic freedom to you then?

Not every early adopter believes that way. Some read the 2011 gawker article about this new money used to buy drugs online. It was instantly visible that this new "dark web" money was going to skyrocket in popularity and price. For me, it was like reading about a young Apple Corp or Microsoft and seeing dollar signs. It was only ever about profit for me. The first thing I did when visiting this forum is read the mining section, learn how to mine and build a mini gpu farm. I knew I wanted to get my hands on as many Bitcoin as I could as fast as I could.

Ejinx

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 06:17:45 PM

We control bitcoin by ourselves with our private key
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 06:33:17 PM

Oh I do PURCHASE stuff with bitcoin. It is the only money I use online. If I can't get it for bitcoin then I don't buy it. I don't care about being liked or hated. It's not about me. Indeed the worst curse I could imagine is being famous. 
Bitcoin is a response to the unfairness present in monetary policy. The first people here were much, much more concerned with these issues than getting rich or buying drugs. That all came later. Of course we are all individuals and someone else may feel differently.

Ejinx

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 07:06:43 PM

We control bitcoin
tee-rex

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 07:54:57 PM

Not every early adopter believes that way. Some read the 2011 gawker article about this new money used to buy drugs online. It was instantly visible that this new "dark web" money was going to skyrocket in popularity and price. For me, it was like reading about a young Apple Corp or Microsoft and seeing dollar signs. It was only ever about profit for me. The first thing I did when visiting this forum is read the mining section, learn how to mine and build a mini gpu farm. I knew I wanted to get my hands on as many Bitcoin as I could as fast as I could.

Methinks, we shouldn't count you as an early adopter. Those who used GPU mining were already at an advanced stage of Bitcoin development and adoption. It seems that only the ancient ones who mined first bitcoins on their desktop processors can be rightfully considered as true early adopters. You yourself say that you came into Bitcoin when it already got some notoriety for being used in dark markets. 2011 is nowhere near early, only 2010 makes it somewhat.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 08:07:42 PM

Methinks, we shouldn't count you as an early adopter. Those who used GPU mining were already at an advanced stage of Bitcoin development and adoption. It seems that only the ancient ones who mined first bitcoins on their desktop processors can be rightfully considered as true early adopters. You yourself say that you came into Bitcoin when it already got some notoriety for being used in dark markets. 2011 is nowhere near early, only 2010 makes it somewhat.

That's possible I guess. You've narrowed your band of people down to maybe a thousand 2010 users, of which possibly a couple dozen still visit this forum. I guess that would also depend on what your definition of whale is too.

kevin135

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 08:22:37 PM

The miners. When a miner finds a block, they control which transactions are accepted and which transactions are rejected. Miners have the ability to accept or reject the previous block as well to reverse fraudulent transactions (double spends).

——< Datecoin | The fastest successful match. The hottest ICO ever. >——
ANN | Medium | Twitter Facebook | LinkdedIn | Telegram
Rinder

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 12:50:30 AM

The miners. When a miner finds a block, they control which transactions are accepted and which transactions are rejected. Miners have the ability to accept or reject the previous block as well to reverse fraudulent transactions (double spends).

Sure the miners has a big influence into the transactions since we need them to get our confirmations, but they will need us as well since we increase their rewards for each block they mine, in the general is a mutual need for both parts, if a mine dont make his work other will do, i doubt someone will refuse the fees for the transactions. Early adopters have a big influence over bitcoin, but not able to control bitcoin, there are several wales and bitcoin miners that has a huge power over bitcoin.
raja2sumi

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 02:33:32 AM

Bitcoins are decentralized ,they are controlled by no one.
If bitcoins being controlled by some one ,he would be the most targetted person ever .

▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬
● PLINKO  (+) ROULETTE ║ BITVEST ║ |7| SLOTS    ▼ BIT SPIN
▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬
delliaerd

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 03:01:49 AM

If bitcoins being controlled by some one ,he would be the most targetted person ever .
I agree with you friend, even satoshi can not control bitcoin. It was controlled by each bitcoin user. But the hoarder still can control bitcoin price in the market. Bitcoin spreading and circulation is not so good right now becouse most of bitcoin users are just hold it until the price rise. People who have big bitcoin capital can make factor to control bitcoin price. When the hoarder buy or sell in big amount it can influence bitcoin price.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

Kasabus

Activity: 2814
Merit: 576

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 03:09:03 AM

What makes it popular is the decentralization, if bitcoin will be controlled by anyone then there's no big difference with the bank. Manipulation might happen and it will not give us the real situation of the market which will make our investment at risk.

████████████████████████
.SPORTS..
███████▄███▄▄
█████████▀▀████▄▄
▄███▄▄███████▀▀████▄▄
███▀█████▄███████▀▀███▄
████████████▄▄█████████
█████████░▀▀████▄▄████▀
████████████████████
█████████░▄▄████▀▀████▄
████████████▀▀█████████
███▄█████▀███████▄▄███▀
▀███▀▀███████▄▄████▀
█████████▄▄████▀▀
███████▀███▀▀
.bets.io.
████████████████████████
..CASINO..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: