Bitcoin Forum
October 06, 2024, 10:38:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins in Steam coming soon...  (Read 5713 times)
Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 09:03:43 PM

This is great news!

Steam is definitely a huge monster and helps with free advertising
also. Now someone that plays and uses steam may take a payment
using bitcoin knowing they can use it.

neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 05:57:38 AM

I am so happy for bitcoins as it's getting more recognition these days. With the number of brands accepting bitcoins, I'm sure Amazon, Dominos and other online shopping portals would recognize it and I would be able to pay with bitcoins directly instead of buying gift cards on purse.
FlyingSaucer

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 06:17:04 AM

Adding Bitcoin to such a big platform of gamers like Steam will help it become more mainstream worldwide and promote good business practices.
barbara44

Activity: 2534
Merit: 605

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 01:17:58 PM

Im so excited for this, I didn't believe it at first, because the creator of Valve (Gave Newel) said that he didn't want Bitcoin on Steam not a long ago, so now if he has really changed his mind, you can expect millions coming to Steam in Bitcoin form because its way more convenient than messy credit card payments.
Same here as Steam is one of the biggest gaming websites. After walmart and starbucks, this news is so good to hear and a positive sign for bitcoins. Just waiting for banks too to adopt bitcoins and make it legal now as then trading would be easier just like shares.
yenxz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 02:13:00 PM

Bitcoins in Steam coming soon...

https://np.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/44sgnm/bitcoins_in_steam_coming_soon/

The service has over 125 million active users.

Huge deal if true!  Shocked
i also got that news from email,this https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/leak-valve-is-bringing-bitcoin-payments-to-steam/
is that really happen soon?this is will great Smiley
aizzaku
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 02:22:44 PM

OMGSH.... if thats true.. the price will sky rocket like anything...

and for gamers like me it will be awesome.. we already own beast graphics cards... mine some.. purchase item.. trade big.. GG WP

if its true.. must buy bitcoins and hold

BlockchainGaming A PARADIGM SHIFT IN THE GAMING INDUSTRY
Website | Blog | Forum | Wiki | Events | Marketplace (coming soon)
BR01

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 02:33:48 PM

this sounds as a good news for all bitcoin users his could make bitcoin jump back to 400 $
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 03:33:02 PM

This would be pretty big if not huge. It would not only spread bitcoin awareness to millions, but it would also show to those already aware of it, but still skeptical, that bitcoin is definitely legit.
Xsinx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 03:35:17 PM

This would be pretty big if not huge. It would not only spread bitcoin awareness to millions, but it would also show to those already aware of it, but still skeptical, that bitcoin is definitely legit.
it will be huge, imagine that you can fund your steam wallet with BTC and the items bought using BTC will be instantly available for trading since it is not bought using CC
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 04:31:40 PM

If that happens then it seems really chill for many people.
I also think that people want to include. According to me it makes a lot of people also happy.
jmintuck02

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 04:39:09 PM

It would sure make my day if btc were made a payment option at Steam. I would like to buy games when I want when I have some btc instead of

waiting for times when the debit card has something on it.

onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 04:39:15 PM

Steam is a big name with large user database. So it looks like big companies are starting using Bitcoins or are they one of the kind companies who dare to change.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 04:47:14 PM

i am going to buy so much games with my bitcoins as soon as it starts.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 05:09:52 PM

OMGSH.... if thats true.. the price will sky rocket like anything...

and for gamers like me it will be awesome.. we already own beast graphics cards... mine some.. purchase item.. trade big.. GG WP

if its true.. must buy bitcoins and hold
I thought the same way, but so far I see price is not going up. It is stagnant and even dropped a little.
I guess unconfirmed rumors are not enough to cause any rise of bitcoin's price.

Even with the best gaming cards your mining profits will be so low that this is not worth a shot.
Nothing can compete with dedicated ASIC in terms of mining efficiency, CPU or GPU mining days are gone.
CoinSkipper

Activity: 136

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 07:55:09 PM

It sound good, but If I were them I would create own cryptocurrency.
RoughLyfe

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 07:58:30 PM

This sounds like a good service,but then again there is services like kinguin and G2A that allow you to get games at a huge discount and allow you to pay with bitcoin,cc,paypal,etc.But if steam where to take bitcoin then this might influence bitcoins value.
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 10:34:09 AM

Valve looks set to offer new ways to buy content on its PC gaming platform Steam, with hints of bitcoin payments found in the client's translation servers.

Although Valve has yet to make an announcement, strong evidence was found by reddit user Haoose and screencapped here.

Rather than directly trading bitcoins through Steam, it appears Valve will be using the third-party BitPay. This hypothetically saves Valve from having to do any internal conversion or calculation based on bitcoin's current market value, and should make transactions smoother.

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2016-02/09/valve-accept-bitcoin-steam

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 01:59:09 PM

for me this is the best news that i have heard in many years.
i was always waiting for a good way that i really like, to spend my bitcoins. now if steam starts accepting bitcoin i would have the best option for spending them.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
partysaurus

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 02:53:16 PM

if its true it might be a huge deal. as gamers seems to be the group of people that might adopt bitcoins in my opinion so getting it on steam has a huge market for growth.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 03:35:20 PM

if its true it might be a huge deal. as gamers seems to be the group of people that might adopt bitcoins in my opinion so getting it on steam has a huge market for growth.

the fact that steam is planning on adding bitcoin payment system to their service shows that there is enough requests for it. because they will not add an extra option just to make things confusing for their users if nobody had asked for it.

it is going to be a huge "first step" for other big companies to start noticing bitcoin and maybe over time , if Steam was successful other will follow in the footsteps and make bitcoin payments as popular as paypal.

Only Bitcoin
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: