Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:16:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reputation and Reputation Loans.  (Read 600 times)
x_Molotov (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Thank you for your time.

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 12:20:13 AM

Hey BTCTALK!

Molotov is back on the scene, after awhile of being offline!

I want to talk about what happened before I left (not the reason I left, just happened before I took a break).

I was around the forums, and saw a guy, Spartacus17, genuinely being helpful, and honest on his posts on the forum.
I decided, since he made a rep loan post, that I would help this guy out, as he's a chill guy.
I went through with it ( can be seen here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1254441.msg13009429#msg13009429 )

However, he got hit with thousands of negative trusts, and I did too.

Besides the fact that I have only done one small deal on here, not to mention my Molotov Giveaways (can be seen here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1199726.0)
Where I helped out the little guys on the forum with some coin, over .06 BTC given away, even though I was smaller back then.

It basically shat on my trust rep, without me truly doing anything except trying to help a guy out.

I was explained about it later, by some of the guys on the original thread, telling me how it's an easy way for scammers to move to bigger prizes.
I have realized that, and it wasn't good in hind sight.

However, that still does not stand, for having my reputation on the site tarnished, for trying to help a guy.

I apologize to the forums, for unknowingly possibly helping a possible scammer.

However, is there anyway to get these bullshit negatives off my trust wall? As I am a legitimate person, who hates scamming in any forms, and I am looking to get back into the market, by buying some more BTC.

Can those please be removed somehow?
Thank you for your time.

Molotov.

@EcuaMobi
@KWH
@substrata

Please listen to this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 12:48:49 AM

This is my impression.

- You did this without knowing that rep loans were pretty bad
- You seem to regret the decision, now and back when it happened
- You did some giveaways before this and it seems improbable that you would sell your feedback for dust, as quoted by KWH.
- IMHO, you seem like a good user. Just from my opinion, though, so I won't take this into much consideration.

From that, I personally think you should be given a second chance. It's understandable that you gave the loan without knowing, and, like I said, you seemed genuinely sorry for what you did back when it happened. There have been plenty of cases where people like you have messed up along the way, were forgiven, and went on and showed BitcoinTalk that they were great people.

We're humans, and we make mistakes. I'd say this was somewhat of a mistake (somewhat, because he didn't realize) and he deserves a second chance.
x_Molotov (OP)

Thank you for your time.

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 01:03:02 AM

This is my impression.

- You did this without knowing that rep loans were pretty bad
- You seem to regret the decision, now and back when it happened
- You did some giveaways before this and it seems improbable that you would sell your feedback for dust, as quoted by KWH.
- IMHO, you seem like a good user. Just from my opinion, though, so I won't take this into much consideration.

From that, I personally think you should be given a second chance. It's understandable that you gave the loan without knowing, and, like I said, you seemed genuinely sorry for what you did back when it happened. There have been plenty of cases where people like you have messed up along the way, were forgiven, and went on and showed BitcoinTalk that they were great people.

We're humans, and we make mistakes. I'd say this was somewhat of a mistake (somewhat, because he didn't realize) and he deserves a second chance.

Thank you sir.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 01:18:04 AM

Spartacus17 stated he wanted to do a rep. loan and was given the appropriate feedback.
2 posters BEFORE you went through with the loan warned you about rep. loans, you did it anyway so you will have to deal with the  feedback.

Care to show us these "thousands of Negatives"?

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
x_Molotov (OP)

Thank you for your time.

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 01:19:00 AM

Spartacus17 stated he wanted to do a rep. loan and was given the appropriate feedback.
2 posters BEFORE you went through with the loan warned you about rep. loans, you did it anyway so you will have to deal with the  feedback.

It was embellishment to prove a point. That people can just throw negatives at people without a second's thought.
BTW, I didn't get to read those before I did it.
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 01:20:21 AM

2 posters BEFORE you went through with the loan warned you about rep. loans, you did it anyway so you will have to deal with the  feedback.

It was embellishment to prove a point. That people can just throw negatives at people without a second's thought.

YOU screwed the pooch after being warned, own your mistake.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
x_Molotov (OP)

Thank you for your time.

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 01:21:20 AM

And I have, and I have apologized, this all happened months ago.

Can't you be at all lenient?
I apologized, owning up to the mistake.

No need to keep the negative on my account.
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 01:27:00 AM

Most of your OP is worded to incur sympathy by "embellishing" truth and leaving out other information. You have shown no true remorse only flaming those that left you deserved feedback; a typical pity tactic. Now, months later, you suddenly care about those very feedbacks, why is this?
To roll it in a nutshell: Anyone that "apologizes" for past transgressions, no matter how big or small, should be given a clean slate?

Albert Einstein
x_Molotov (OP)

Thank you for your time.

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 01:31:49 AM

Most of your OP is worded to incur sympathy by "embellishing" truth and leaving out other information. You have shown no true remorse only flaming those that left you deserved feedback; a typical pity tactic. Now, months later, you suddenly care about those very feedbacks, why is this?
To roll it in a nutshell: Anyone that "apologizes" for past transgressions, no matter how big or small, should be given a clean slate?

Nothing is embellished besides that one comment.
I care about these feedbacks, as I was off due to IRL stuff, and now I want to get re-established back into the community, and don't need negatives on my wall.
I have shown remorse, I really don't know how you show true remorse for something I was not knowledgeable about at the time of the action.

Is that last statement-question a rhetorical?

I never said anyone and everyone should get a clean slate no matter the 'crime'.
I did state however that this all occurred, due to a lack of knowledge on my part, and that I understand and apologize for my actions during that transgression.
Also, that due to the time of the event, and the fact that I own up, and acknowledge that my actions were at fault during that time, that I should get a second chance.
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 01:40:22 AM

Hey BTCTALK!

Molotov is back on the scene, after awhile of being offline!

I want to talk about what happened before I left (not the reason I left, just happened before I took a break).

I was around the forums, and saw a guy, Spartacus17, genuinely being helpful, and honest on his posts on the forum. Making another rep. loan taker look like a good guy.
I decided, since he made a rep loan post, that I would help this guy out, as he's a chill guy.
I went through with it ( can be seen here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1254441.msg13009429#msg13009429 )

However, he got hit with thousands of negative trusts, and I did too. Bold lie.

Besides the fact that I have only done one small deal on here, not to mention my Molotov Giveaways (can be seen here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1199726.0) Look at me, I'm a small fish being picked on.
Where I helped out the little guys on the forum with some coin, over .06 BTC given away, even though I was smaller back then. B.S. and you know it. You wanted to make some quick dust AND gain some rep.

It basically shat on my trust rep, without me truly doing anything except trying to help a guy out. You blame others for your mistake.

I was explained about it later, by some of the guys on the original thread, telling me how it's an easy way for scammers to move to bigger prizes.
I have realized that, and it wasn't good in hind sight. Sympathy ploy: Fake contriteness.

However, that still does not stand, for having my reputation on the site tarnished, for trying to help a guy. Still not your fault.

I apologize to the forums, for unknowingly possibly helping a possible scammer. Yet more fake apologies. Pity ploy.

However, is there anyway to get these bullshit negatives off my trust wall? As I am a legitimate person, who hates scamming in any forms, and I am looking to get back into the market, by buying some more BTC.
Now these Trust ratings for something you were warned about and still did are just B.S.. Still shifting the blame,
AND they are hurting your "business".

Can those please be removed somehow?
Thank you for your time.

Molotov.

@EcuaMobi - left you a Neutral
@KWH
@substrata

Please listen to this.

Apologizes yet takes NO responsibility. It's all B.S..

Albert Einstein
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 01:49:44 AM

You can't have a sincere apology and state time and again it's all B.S. and continue to blame others for your actions.
A reply of yours from that same thread sums it up nicely:

EDIT:
I have sent .001 BTC, from here. 1PTfsRk9NmbcJCfiHQPZ8J9S3PeXDBiPno

HASH : 6846784e38517af91c1d6e45d1cb5e4b812938bad353ccc39d86dcb8803a1b1d

Better pay up.

Why did you sent him? This is the reason why these scammers get away with their scam attempts. Sad
I want to see if he is actually legit, if not, he gets blasted with neg. trust scores, which he apparently doesn't want, and it's only two quarters worth.
Win-Win
Smiley

Had you approached this differently,( see bold sections in a previous reply), I may have been more sympathetic but it is what it is.
Perhaps if you keep out of trouble I will change to a Neutral in the future but the Negative will stay for now because actions have consequences.

Albert Einstein
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3053

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2016, 02:01:23 AM

However, is there anyway to get these bullshit negatives off my trust wall?

Doesn't sound as if you've learnt your lesson to me.   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: