Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:13:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to have a short position on Kraken Ethereum  (Read 13489 times)
sandiman (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 12:33:37 PM

Hello all,

I was just wondering how and if it was possible to short Ethereum on Kraken even if I am not planning to do that  Grin.

Thank you in advance for your help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dadj

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2016, 04:26:14 PM

Hello all,

I was just wondering how and if it was possible to short Ethereum on Kraken even if I am not planning to do that  Grin.

Yes, but it's much easier to short on Poloniex. It took me hours to figure out Kraken's margin trading interface and it would probably take me another hour to read up on how to do it if I had to again.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
YOLOdice.comFast 1% Edge DiceAwesome ChartsFaucetPlay / InvestJOIN NOW!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
sandiman (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 04:31:26 PM

Hello all,

Yes, but it's much easier to short on Poloniex. It took me hours to figure out Kraken's margin trading interface and it would probably take me another hour to read up on how to do it if I had to again.

ahah it took me hours also to get use to Kraken even if I didn't really understand their margin trading interface for the moment....
Since I do not want to trade on several platform, this is why I was wondering on how to do it on kraken, any help would be much appreciated!!!
dadj

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2016, 04:55:13 PM

Hello all,

ahah it took me hours also to get use to Kraken even if I didn't really understand their margin trading interface for the moment....
Since I do not want to trade on several platform, this is why I was wondering on how to do it on kraken, any help would be much appreciated!!!
Have a read through the help pages:
https://support.kraken.com/hc/en-us/articles/204585978-Order-Position-vs-Trade-Position

You basically close the position out by buying an equal amount of Ether with leverage > 1.

YOLOdice.comFast 1% Edge DiceAwesome ChartsFaucetPlay / InvestJOIN NOW!
sandiman (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 05:37:24 PM

Hello all,

Have a read through the help pages:
https://support.kraken.com/hc/en-us/articles/204585978-Order-Position-vs-Trade-Position

You basically close the position out by buying an equal amount of Ether with leverage > 1.

Thank for your help. But this does not help me to understand how to short Undecided

While having a look on the forum, I found out that some month ago it was not available because of the amount of volume that would not be enough to short for Kraken. Maybe this still the case nowadays?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=478477.0
italianMiner72

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 11:07:40 AM

i know it's an older post..
but maybe it could be usefull to someone who approde here and need help!!!
shortrin on kraken it's very easy...

example:
you are long with 1BTC and you want to go short with 2BTC...
all you need to do it's to sell 3BTC... and you'll find yourself in short position with 2BTC..

https://support.kraken.com/hc/en-us/articles/206141667-Flipping-Positions

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
AlwaysInna

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 07:34:28 PM

Apologies for the necro, I found this thread through Google.

I've been shorting Ethereum on eToro... Not sure if you can see the page without an account.

It's supereasy to use but they have a 2% spread. Was looking for a place that has a lower spread. I found eToro through this page originally, they got a referral offer thingy too: https://bizbeginner.com/2017/07/06/etoro/

What's weird on eToro is that they show what other people are doing... 99% is always buying for Ethereum. During the big crash last week it was still 98%. While the SP500 is 70% buying 30% shorting. People make posts too... they're idiots. All of them. But the site is easy to use and I can just use the app to set a sell or buy order really quickly, so I'm happy... They don't have order/overnight fees for Ethereum either because there's no market hours Smiley

I haven't used Poloniex before, how is that one? I hold/short for just a few days at a time usually and want to be able to place an order within seconds... with a smaller spread I could also close my positions faster, I just take 1-3% gain on each trade. Jeezes, without the 2% spread I'd have double my gains now...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: