Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:29:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Full Time / Part Time Developers wanted near Manchester, UK  (Read 304 times)
BStappleton (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 06:18:13 PM

Evening!

As per the title, I'm after full time / part time developers to work from our UK based office in Stalybridge, a town just outside Manchester.

I'm looking for people skilled in development along the whole range of coin related applications and services including:

* Network security (securing servers and internet linked wallets)
* Coin development (to create, configure and test coins and services)
* Application development (developing the wallet and linked services)
* Website development (especially around building a bespoke coin exchange)
* Cloud database management (to support the exchange)
* Mining pool development (building and maintaining a mining pool)

I am a seasoned entrepreneur with a proven track record of building profitable companies / brands. I've been playing with Bitcoin and altcoins as a hobby for the last year and a half or so, messing about building my own rigs and cobbling together my own mining pool and exchange trader, just trying to get an understanding of the technology and trying to see what I can do with it.

Well, I now have a few ideas that I'd like to experiment with but it's been decades since I did any proper coding myself so I'm looking to employ people with the right skills. I don't like to make wild claims of what I'm going to do and I never drum up funding for a venture. I prefer to keep quiet, put my money where my mouth is, hire the right people and then present the finished product when it's done.

I initially advertised a more flexible position on job boards (like Indeed) but didn't get the responses I was hoping for, so I decided to advertise for office based positions here on these forums. Let's face it, I know people here are enthusiastic about Bitcoin related technologies - it's just whether anyone on the boards is local to Manchester and interested in a real job (as opposed to bounty or freelance work).

I've specified full or part time because I'm easy as to whether it's one or two full time positions from mature developers or several part time positions people fit around their college studies. Age and experience is less important than enthusiasm and the ability to teach yourself what you need to know.

To repeat, this is not bounty or freelance work - it's paid employment based at our Stalybridge offices (no glittering skyscraper, just a busy admin / distribution centre). Wage and terms are negotiable depending on competence and skillset.

If anyone local to Manchester, UK is interested, please drop me a PM. Be sure to include some examples of projects you've been directly involved in and the nature of your involvement.

If there are any questions anyone thinks can be better answered in the thread than via PM then by all means, fire away.

Ben
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: