Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:29:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Keyur Mithawala and CampBX  (Read 2236 times)
Flicka (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 06:44:31 PM

Keyur Mithawala of CampBX appears to have stolen bitcoin we purchased from him in 2013.  Guess I wasn't paranoid enough-- the balance is correct, but customer service doesn't exist and we can't transfer anything.

1. Is this the right forum to talk about this?
2. Is there any class action suit or law enforcement action we can participate in?

Thanks for your help.  I'll be more paranoid next time...
Ted Thomas Angry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Keyur @ Camp BX

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 12:29:52 AM

Keyur Mithawala of CampBX appears to have stolen bitcoin we purchased from him in 2013.  Guess I wasn't paranoid enough-- the balance is correct, but customer service doesn't exist and we can't transfer anything.

1. Is this the right forum to talk about this?
2. Is there any class action suit or law enforcement action we can participate in?

Thanks for your help.  I'll be more paranoid next time...
Ted Thomas Angry

Hi Ted,

Sorry to hear about your delay.  I wanted to reply and assure that we have not gone anywhere - we are still the oldest Bitcoin company in USA and working on coding new features for CampBX from our Alpharetta office.

If your account has been inactive since 2013, you may have to do a KYC verification to regain access.  PM me your ticket number and we will move it forward for you.

Thank you,
Keyur

Please stay tuned to our news and announcements feeds at:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CampBX
Facebook: https://facebook.com/CampBX
Flicka (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 04:39:51 PM

Odd... you want my ticket # from your very own support system?  You can't see my issue in that support system (#TFC-797-696??)??

I've already had someone ask for a screenshot of my account from the address support.1@campbx.com.  When I replied, it was bounced.  Is this supposed to increase my confidence in CampBX?

The ticket # above is incomplete, because you have the rest of it ... don't you.

Regards,
Ted T.

P.S. This is not a private message, because the CampBX reputation which (for me) is in some doubt at the moment is a matter of public record.
r-bitcoin

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 06:08:44 PM

I have sent all my KYC documents a long time ago and withdrawals are still frozen for me since November. Here are some support ticket screen shots:

https://i.imgur.com/LCB0gQ3.png

https://i.imgur.com/0JCPWzy.png

Here is my email chain with support:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: KYC
Local Time: January 26, 2016 4:28 pm
UTC Time: January 26, 2016 10:28 PM
To: Compliance@campbx.com

?!

Local Time: January 15, 2016 5:21 am
UTC Time: January 15, 2016 11:21 AM

?

Local Time: January 12 2016 11:50 am
UTC Time: January 12 2016 9:50 am

Why are my bitcoins still locked?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

See attached.

Local Time: January 6 2016 12:35 am
UTC Time: January 5 2016 8:35 pm

Username: thebesl4
registered email: thebesl4@hmamail.com

Local Time: December 24 2015 10:24 am
UTC Time: December 24 2015 4:24 pm

Hi,

My bitcoins are still locked. It's been over a month now. Please let me know if you are going to unlock my bitcoins so I know if I should contact a lawyer.

-Omar
Subject: KYC
Local Time: December 14 2015 11:22 am
UTC Time: December 14 2015 5:22 pm

Hi,

Even though my account doesn't require verification, I have attached my KYC documents anyway because you have locked my bitcoins (which you still have not given me a reason for).

Can you unlock my bitcoins now?

-Omar
dano767

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 04:55:57 PM

Hi Keyur,

I am getting the dreaded "cold wallet" error when trying to transfer my BTC from CampBX.

Last night after 50 or so attempts, I was able to transfer 0.5 BTC, however it has ZERO confirmations.  Something's fishy.

Can you help ?  We live in Seattle and my furnace (of 25 years) just failed, I need this money to buy a new furnace and CampBX is just killing me with these issues.  I trusted them and transfered BTC in and out before, but now am totally unable to get my money out.

Please help, my support ticket # is: #EJQ-941-88518

Thanks in advance

Dan
Flicka (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 08:33:56 PM

Odd... you want my ticket # from your very own support system?  You can't see my issue in that support system (#TFC-797-696??)??

I've already had someone ask for a screenshot of my account from the address support.1@campbx.com.  When I replied, it was bounced.  Is this supposed to increase my confidence in CampBX?

The ticket # above is incomplete, because you have the rest of it ... don't you.

Regards,
Ted T.

P.S. This is not a private message, because the CampBX reputation which (for me) is in some doubt at the moment is a matter of public record.

After almost 2 more months, no resolution or ability to access my property.  I also see that Mr. Mithawala has not shown up here since our last exchange, after almost 300 posts previously on this website.

Time for legal action... anyone want to join me?  Any ideas on how to find this [insert appropriate word]?
CampBxSucks

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 04:18:58 PM

Regards,
Ted T.

After almost 2 more months, no resolution or ability to access my property.  I also see that Mr. Mithawala has not shown up here since our last exchange, after almost 300 posts previously on this website.

Time for legal action... anyone want to join me?  Any ideas on how to find this [insert appropriate word]?
I have same problem. PM me. The site seems to ran with customer's money by now.
rta

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 12:29:36 PM

I'm in the same situation. Does anyone have any updates on this site, and potential law suits?
Sonny V.

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 07:54:49 AM

Hello Simon,

We have responded to your tickets multiple times and did not receive the requested details. Could you kindly contact our Helpdesk updating the open ticket?

Thanks,

Sonny V.
CampBX Support
JPBitHouse

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 03:01:35 PM

Bump

Hello Simon,

We have responded to your tickets multiple times and did not receive the requested details. Could you kindly contact our Helpdesk updating the open ticket?

Thanks,

Sonny V.
CampBX Support

Hey guys, I've been working since last year to recover my BTC from CampBX. I've submitted tickets and messaged with Sonny V via support and email. Even after updating my account, adding 2FA, and submitting KYC documents (twice), I have come to a standstill. They will not message me back or respond to new tickets.

1. Is there a class action lawsuit that is going on right now that I can join?
2. Are there other resolution alternatives that anyone knows of? Sonny V or Keyur Mithawala?
3. If not, please join me in opening a lawsuit - message me directly and let's take this to court.
SkylarkV

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 08:11:48 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2017, 03:05:57 PM by SkylarkV

Greetings, fellow victims!

Not that this will help, but FWIW, it appears our friend has moved on to new ventures ripe with opportunity. Here's a bit of what I've got so far:

https://www.bizapedia.com/ga/aiai-healthcare-inc.html

https://AiAi.care/, Collaborate@AiAi.care

SkylarkV
maximus01701

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 09:17:32 PM

Same thing for me...

First it was locked with 2FA, Then after getting it unlocked i needed to submit my documents. After submitting my documents..... NOTHING...
I'm willing to jump on the lawsuit bandwagon.
SJM211

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 12:43:10 PM

Hello Simon,

Thanks,

Sonny V.
CampBX Support

Just to say that this was resolved - it just took a while Smiley
zerotonine

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 06:39:57 AM

Guess I'll have to add my name to this list of others whose coins are tied-up in CampBX. To summarize this thread, all of us had our CampBX accounts locked at some point, due to inactivity or other reasons. By locked, I mean we can log in and see our funds at the proper amounts, but the system is not allowing transfer of Bitcoin out. It appears some of you were successful in getting the site owners to respond and allow you to move your funds out, is that correct?

UserTicket filed?Status
FlickaYes.Locked
r-bitcoinYes.Locked
dano767Yes.Locked
CampBxSucksUnknown.Locked
rtaUnknown.Locked
JPBitHouseYes.Locked
SkylarkVUnknown.Locked
maximus01701Yes.Locked
SJM211Yes?Unlocked / funds transferred out?
zerotonineYes.Locked

Sonny V. or Keyur @ Camp BX, can you let us know what's going on? I think I speak for all of us when I say we appreciate the hard work put into making and popularizing the CampBX exchange. It has some pretty great trading features that aren't available on other sites, and if memory serves it was one of the early ways to trade USD to BTC and back. None of us want to see this fail, please tell us what you can.
rossrjensen

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:52:45 PM

I am in the same boat as the rest of you, been trying to get my coins unlocked for two months.

UserTicket filed?Status
FlickaYes.Locked
r-bitcoinYes.Locked
dano767Yes.Locked
rtaUnknown.Locked
JPBitHouseYes.Locked
SkylarkVUnknown.Locked
maximus01701Yes.Locked
zerotonineYes.Locked
rossrjensenYes.Locked
baneuh

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:23:11 AM

Has a lawsuit been filed? I've been going back and forth with Sonny for weeks and the conversation seems to have ended.

UserTicket filed?Status
FlickaYes.Locked
r-bitcoinYes.Locked
dano767Yes.Locked
rtaUnknown.Locked
JPBitHouseYes.Locked
SkylarkVUnknown.Locked
maximus01701Yes.Locked
zerotonineYes.Locked
rossrjensenYes.Locked
augenbrauYesLocked
rossrjensen

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:10:59 PM

I don't know, but certainly would like to know this as well. All options are on the table until my coins are in my possession.
MattyIce9306

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 10:28:04 PM

Anyone else have any updates on this? I'm attempting to move BTC but keep getting the "cold wallet maintenance" error.
campbxdoublesucks

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:29:35 AM

I would like to join in the lawsuit as well..
First my account was locked with a 2 FA authentication, then once it was resolved, my account is locked and I cannot transfer my bitcoin out
Did anyone get this issue resolved by campbx recently?
GorgonSed

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 04:42:03 PM

Wow I still have an account here!

I too had a problem with my bitcoins being "stuck" in CampBX. I successfully retrieved all of them. Here's what I did:

Submitted "know your customer" (KYC) forms
Submitted a ticket to CampBX support asking about the KYC approval status
Waited a long time (months)
Sent a nicely worded email to Keyur, asking about my KYC status, and providing the ticket number from the previously submitted support ticket

After sending the email to Keyur, I did not receive an email response but my account was approved within a day and I was able to withdraw my bitcoins.

However, I ran into more problems. When I tried to actually withdraw my bitcoins, I would get an error like "Cold storage in progress. Please wait 5 hours and try again" or "Withdrawal amount exceeds daily withdrawal limit. Please try a smaller amount and try again". I found out that by withdrawing small amounts every day, I was able to start getting them out. I wasn't ever able to withdraw over 0.05 btc at a time. I could only get out 0.10 btc per day at the most.

I had good success with a python script that uses CampBX's API to attempt withdrawals automatically on a set period. I've attached the code below. Make sure to modify the USER, PASSWORD and DESTINATION to your correct fields. Or leave the Destination as is and toss some BTC my way Smiley. You need to put in a support ticket to request API access to get this working but they approved that request fairly quickly for me.

Good luck!

Code:
import requests
import webbrowser
import time
from time import sleep

# Enter your details here.
USER = "ACCOUNT"
PASSWORD = "123XYZ"
DESTINATION = "1oiWhuXQv8LYr9UwSknM9bmsGE88wHfwA"  # Triple-check this!
AMOUNT = 0.05
INTERVAL = 1800  # seconds
OPEN_BROWSER = False  # will open browser with blockchain.info summary of tx when successful.
QUIT_ON_SUCCESS = False  # will quit on a successful withdrawal.

def begForMoney():
    print "Requesting withdrawal for %f BTC to %s...." % (AMOUNT, DESTINATION)
    r = requests.post("https://CampBX.com/api/sendbtc.php",
                      data={"user": USER, "pass": PASSWORD, "BTCTo": DESTINATION, "BTCAmt": AMOUNT}
                      )
    print(r.text)
#print time.strftime("%c")
     #If a transaction successfully completed, open the user's webbrowser to show the tx details...
    if OPEN_BROWSER and r.text == 'Success' :
        url = "https://www.blockchain.info/tx/" + r.text
        webbrowser.open_new_tab(url)

# ...and exit.
    #if QUIT_ON_SUCCESS and r.json()["Success"]:
    #    print("Transaction completed, exiting...")
    #    exit(0)

# Kickoff
while True:
    begForMoney()
    print "----\nSleeping for %d seconds to prevent ratelimiting.\n----" % INTERVAL
    sleep(INTERVAL)

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: