Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:02:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet not updating  (Read 827 times)
Nikolaj06 (OP)

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 11:22:04 PM

Hello!
My wallet started not updating the blockchain after some error occured making it stop responding. I'm getting afraid my bitcoins are in danger, I've tried re-installing it, but the same problem occurs.. Any ideas?
Right now instead of the update progress bar it says "Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade"..

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 11:36:41 PM

Hello!
My wallet started not updating the blockchain after some error occured making it stop responding. I'm getting afraid my bitcoins are in danger, I've tried re-installing it, but the same problem occurs.. Any ideas?
Right now instead of the update progress bar it says "Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade"..

if you are using the basic client

1) locate a file named wallet.dat it should be in something like "C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin" and copy it to a safe and private location.

2) Uninstall the bitcoin software

3) delete the bitcoin folder at "C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin"

4) reinstall the software.

5) Start the reinstalled software and let it run for a couple minutes then close the software.

6) Navigate to that same folder "C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin" locate the new wallet.dat file and replace it with the old wallet.dat that you copied earlier.

7) Run the software and wait for the blockchain to update and it should be as good as new.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Nikolaj06 (OP)

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 11:47:57 PM

Thank you very much! seems to be working now Smiley
I'm much more relaxed now :b

WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 12:44:35 AM

Thank you very much! seems to be working now Smiley
I'm much more relaxed now :b

sure thing. also a word to the wise, make sure you save that wallet.dat file somewhere safe (preferably multiple safe places) as well as several physical copies of the password to decrypt your wallet.dat file. If you do this than your entire computer could be vaporized and your bitcoins would still be safe.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: