Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:33:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex completely fucked up - I'm losing time and trade opportunities  (Read 5466 times)
synthgauge (OP)

Activity: 1149
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 10:26:23 PM

Im about done here. My 4770K clocked to 4.7 got a incurable crippling disease in a hopeless attempt to handle pooptons of overheat and load coming from a single poloniex tab. Tired of getting caught in trap of microdelays hangs interruptions and shit like that when myriads of retarded wacky spamshit bots go full maxtard with hundreds if not thousands 1/1000 of a cent peanut orders triggering within a decimal fraction of a second over the time period of high volume expansion.

Either way u will still struggle to open / close a position and if u succeed u will ultimately end up incurring a instant loss because from a synchronic perspective the state of orderbooks does not change after each trade and orders that u see on the page do not change against time-lagged state of the orderbooks meaning the bids could go significantly lower than asks that are where u believe they are at the given time unless u manually refresh the page from trade to trade so u could examine the first entries in both books to make sure the price is where it is.

Come check out the video that illustrates how generally choppy slow and retarded the exchange is and what a fucking headache it costs to pick a trade opportunity and prevent it from fighting the trend when u know if u dont do it in the nick of time u could fucking lose monies.

This is far less fucking annoying compared to what is happening when u try to sell on the rebound. Imagine webxrpt, octane, kraken and a lot of other crap loading across multiple tabs in ur browser once u entered a trading position. This normally makes me open a dedicated tab with a 5 min chart cause I just cant physically close/open a trading position or perform a action on my orders! How do u think this maddening shit is called?

Look at that volume.

90 btc per day come from user fees which is fucking ridiculous amount to rebuild /restructure their backend resources with high level optimization to improve the basic qualities of service increase the speed and response time on user end.

Poloniex is not technically ready for high speculative markets like eth as long as they are not concerned with improvements in the quality of their services, hardware / software equipment and bandwidth capacity which is to reduce the ping delays and optimize response time on user end which is the must if the choppy little exchange like polo wishes to stay in business. The way they carry out the servicing of their platform and their obvious unwilling to upgrade make them look amateurish and bungling.

They got 48000 btc daily volume and hell of a lot newcomers popping online, with the total amount of users being over 3.2K, and yet they dont mind to expand their backend resources by setting servers with multiple 4600v3 cpus or purchase highgrade enterprise pcie ssds with high writing speeds and low oltp latency. This is fucking retarded as prison break. Poloniex should seriously consider adding extra resources and mind customer care by improving backend elements of their platform and employ extra staff to maintain such a whooping baggage of iops and user requests. Else I'm moving on.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pbleak
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 10:29:18 PM

Just hop on over to Bittrex surely?
ikanunaki

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 10:35:43 PM

try in HitBTC with 0% comission at moment.

My XDN address: xdn.io/name/ikanunaki
axxo

Activity: 916
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 10:03:47 AM

Just hop on over to Bittrex surely?

They really do have excellent, fast and efficient trading platform unlike Poloniex.

▄░░▄█▄░░▄
▄▄█░░▄█▀█▄░░█▄▄
▄▄▄█▀▀░░░█▀░░░▀█░░░▀▀█▄▄▄
██▀░░░░░▄█▀░░░░▀█▄░░░░░▀██
██░░░░░▄█░░▄███▄░░█▄░░░░░██
██░░░░██░░▄█▀░▀█▄░░██░░░░██
██░░▄█▀░▄█▀░▄█▄░▀█▄░▀█▄░░██
██░██░░▄█▀░▄███▄░▀█▄░░██░██
███▀░░▄█░░▄█████▄░░█▄░░▀███
██▀░▄█▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█▄░▀██
▀█▀░░▄█████████▄░░▀█▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀█▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▀██
██▌░██
▐██░░██
██▌░░██
███████
▀▀░░░▀▀

░▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀██
██░░░▀▀
████
██
██
▀▀

░▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀██
██░░░▀▀
████
██
██
▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀██▀▀
██
██
██
▄▄██▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀██
██
██
██
██
▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀██
██░░░██
▀██████
██▀██
██▀░██
▀▀▀░░▀▀

▄▄░░░▄▄
██░░░██
██░░░██
██░░░██
██░░░██
██▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄░░░▄▄
███░███
███████
██▀█▀██
██░░░██
██░░░██
▀▀░░░▀▀

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄███████████████████████████▄
██████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀███████
██████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄██████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐███████
███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
██████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄███████████

████████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████

▀███████████████████████████▀
▄███████████████████████████▄
███████████████████▀▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀░░▄░░▐███████
███████▀▀▀░░░░▄▄▀▀░░░████████
█████▄▄▄░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░░▐████████
█████████▌▐▀░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████▄░▄█▄▄░░░▐█████████

██████████████████▄██████████

▀███████████████████████████▀
graffix

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 10:12:16 AM

You're buying at moments at which high volume is traded.

I lost myself 50 eth with it. Just a lesson to make orders earlier and use stop loss if necesarry.
You couldn't blame Polo for this. I think it has something to do with executing al the orders in the right que since oherwise there's a risk margin traders won't get their positions closed, which leaves the lenders with problems. I think only solution is to close margin trading.

For me, even though my loss, it isn't a problem. I'll stick with polo.
This could happen anywhere (check kraken's late problem) and switching to another exchange could be more risky.

spartacusrex

Activity: 718
Merit: 545

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 10:25:05 AM

Polo is definitely one of the better exchanges.

All exchanges have their quirks and faults.

Yes Polo's 'engine' could be sped up a tad, but I never have any issues 99.9% of the time. Only at crazy high volume, like ETH lately, and then my stop-limit orders come into play.

AND - best of all - their support staff 'exist' and there is always an ADMIN dude in the trollbox to lay into / question. (not to be underestimated) 

Life is Code.
synthgauge (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 12:22:07 PM
Last edit: February 29, 2016, 02:46:40 AM by synthgauge

Only at crazy high volume, like ETH lately, and then my stop-limit orders come into play.

Well, I mean it. Can u read?

Poloniex is not technically ready for high speculative markets like eth as long as they are not concerned with improvements in the quality of their services, hardware / software equipment and bandwidth capacity

My point being polo should take all the necessary measures to generally improve the front-end performance of their platform and speed up order execution in the first place! It used to be a small altcoin exchange. But hey, it has a stunning madeup daily volume which puts it right into direct competition with senior platforms like bitfinex, bitstamp, btc-e etc so the pursuit of high quality service becomes more challenging as people who trade there reasonably expect higher response time and maximum comfort in their trading experience.
synthgauge (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 12:32:17 PM
Last edit: February 29, 2016, 02:42:47 AM by synthgauge

Yeap, aside from that, polo has no volume at all (less than 1.5K btc), but we'e talking here specifically about eth which pretends to lift the choppy altcoin exchange to premium levels.

But its laggy! Its laggy as fuck! Its not a random minor issue but the problem that needs to be dealt with. As long as the speed concern is resolved this can prove the exchange could qualify to compete in senior bitcoin / altcoin league.
synthgauge (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 12:36:12 PM
Last edit: February 29, 2016, 02:50:36 AM by synthgauge

Why do u compare it to bittrex? Polo has accounts with 2-3K btc in them, and some obviously wealthy bankers pay 50-80 btc per day which makes exchange extremely responsible for making speed improvements simply because its in their best interest to adapt and satisfy the needs of demanding users. Have any of u had problems with bitstamp or okcoin? Bitstamp has less than 25K btc daily volume. Okcoin has even less than that, and both exchanges work flawlessly.

I'm up 18 btc since feb, 8. I sense I could have made 60-70 btc in a market like eth. This is nuts. Something needs to be done here. Perhaps, community poll will do the job.
synthgauge (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 01:32:07 PM

0.013 and climbing. Disabled all I could in the system, clocked cpu to 4.9, disabled chrome extensions. Poloniex tab takes up to 900 mb ram. Cpu load ~ 60%. Will probably go in with 60-70 btc this time after retracement. The risk to reward ratio is tremendous.
synthgauge (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 12:04:26 PM
Last edit: February 29, 2016, 02:37:29 AM by synthgauge

Scammy bitches. I wish these twats had gotten fucking cancer. They have to get hacked one day and lose all money from cold wallets.

Poloniex is stupid little twatty whore with no consideration or respect to their users.

synthgauge (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 12:07:10 PM

73K btc daily volume and u cant take ur profits cause these bitches do not mind doing anything to their fucking exchange.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 08:42:26 PM

Considering that the big volume spike has only occurred within the last 30 days, even if they ordered new equipment on day one it would take time to receive it, install, configure, etc.

I have noticed some improvements over the past couple of days, so I do believe they are working on improvements where they can. Considering they went from ~1500 users to over 4500 at times in the past few weeks, I think they are handling it well. Might suck if you are trying to scalp trades during times of peak volume, which it seems most people who have been complaining are trying to do, but if you place your orders in advance and let the system handle it, it seems to work fine.
HEISENAIR

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 06:21:53 PM

These guys have PI##ED me off no end!! As soon as trading action heats up I just get the whirly waiting sign, and invariably miss out on my trade or the trade fails.

The mods with the same BS every time. "We are under heavy loads and are working on it". Well, as Einstein said: The definition of insanity is repeating the same process and expecting a different result!

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise they need to upgrade to be able to handle AT LEAST DOUBLE their highest volume, to account for future growth. Are they really this freakin dumb, or just tight arses wanting to keep profits rather than investing.

If someone can point me to another exchange to trade ETH, then I'm gone!
edmundduke
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 09:14:08 PM

These guys have PI##ED me off no end!! As soon as trading action heats up I just get the whirly waiting sign, and invariably miss out on my trade or the trade fails.

The mods with the same BS every time. "We are under heavy loads and are working on it". Well, as Einstein said: The definition of insanity is repeating the same process and expecting a different result!

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise they need to upgrade to be able to handle AT LEAST DOUBLE their highest volume, to account for future growth. Are they really this freakin dumb, or just tight arses wanting to keep profits rather than investing.

If someone can point me to another exchange to trade ETH, then I'm gone!

On times oh high volume it really does get slow there, at one point i couldn't even log in. The log in wheel kept on spinning, i was hoping to do a few trades but i quickly realized that it is out of the question as trading was damn near impossible. They are making a lot of money from the fees right now, both trading and the margin loans. Should be enough to upgrade their gear/plans to account for a lot more action and still stay in a lot of profit.
BAGOBO
Legendary

Activity: 1163
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 05:50:09 PM

I've have trade there everyday and I haven't experience any problem just like you did.
Maybe you're in bad luck this moment
synthgauge (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 06:28:55 PM
Last edit: February 29, 2016, 02:33:22 AM by synthgauge

Perfect hit, bitches.

Once again, once again.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: