Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:41:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a CDN (Content Delivery Network) that accepts bitcoins  (Read 2397 times)
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 06:14:51 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2013, 06:28:22 AM by gweedo

I am in the mist of working on a new solo project, that of course involves bitcoins and it is in a niche that would require of moving files. These files are not illegal, and this is not a cyber locker, but there will be many of these files. It would be nice to have an amazon pricing cause I don't know how much space I need.

*This project is still in the planning just trying to field out my options.*

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 06:18:17 AM

I'm from Canada. What do you need exactly?
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 10:06:36 AM

I am in the mist of working on a new solo project, that of course involves bitcoins and it is in a niche that would require of moving files. These files are not illegal, and this is not a cyber locker, but there will be many of these files. It would be nice to have an amazon pricing cause I don't know how much space I need.

*This project is still in the planning just trying to field out my options.*
I don't think there is one that accepts bitcoins.
CrownCloud

Activity: 467
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 12:46:02 PM

It's pretty easy to deploy one, we can do it and it'd be dedicated only to you (ie, your own CDN, no other clients on it)

Drop in a PM and we can discuss the bandwidth & storage requirements Smiley

CrownCloud - Internet Services
Dedicated servers, OpenVZ and KVM based VPSes and  in 4 locations. (We accept Bitcoin !)
http://crowncloud.net/
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 07:25:07 PM

It's pretty easy to deploy one, we can do it and it'd be dedicated only to you (ie, your own CDN, no other clients on it)

I will probably just go with my regular host, and just buy a huge VPS or buy a shared hosting and a VPS and setup my own
Thanks for the offer anyway
russ

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 03:12:27 PM

I will probably just go with my regular host, and just buy a huge VPS or buy a shared hosting and a VPS and setup my own
Thanks for the offer anyway

http://aws.amazon.com/free/

"5 GB of Amazon S3 standard storage, 20,000 Get Requests, and 2,000 Put Requests*"

+

"15 GB of bandwidth out aggregated across all AWS services*"

= win
Insu Dra

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 03:59:37 PM

= win

Until a DDoS hits you and your bandwidth consumption goes up to 100 GB a day or more ...

"drugs, guns, and gambling for anyone and everyone!"
russ

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 04:01:21 PM

= win

Until a DDoS hits you and your bandwidth consumption goes up to 100 GB a day or more ...

Or 200 GB a day....!

It's a free start, which might help OP seeing has they didn't specify bandwidth requirements.
Insu Dra

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 04:05:36 PM

= win

Or 200 GB a day....!

It's a free start, which might help OP seeing has they didn't specify bandwidth requirements.

He is asking for a CDN usually part of the reasons (if not the main reason) to go for CDN is DDoS protection.

russ

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 04:31:31 PM

= win

Or 200 GB a day....!

He is asking for a CDN usually part of the reasons (if not the main reason) to go for CDN is DDoS protection.

Wrong.

That's not the main use case, or even his stated reason, to use a CDN. It's to speed up content delivery by having multiple edge locations nearer your end users than you could afford to yourself. The Anycast DNS / HTTP that usually accompanies helps with localized DDoS attacks.

But anyway; meh.
Insu Dra

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 05:10:59 PM

= win

Or 200 GB a day....!

Wrong.

That's not the main use case, or even his stated reason, to use a CDN. It's to speed up content delivery by having multiple edge locations nearer your end users than you could afford to yourself. The Anycast DNS / HTTP that usually accompanies helps with localized DDoS attacks.

But anyway; meh.

Ah right, I forgot about the 80's definition of a CDN, mhe time warp ...

gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 06:31:47 PM

The only reason I need a CDN is not to speed up content delivery, I am just going to have so much content that it doesn't make sense to just put it with my VPS within the reach of the site. It also helps with privacy since it make it difficult to scrap thru links to get to the other content. The only reason I am not going with Amazon is cause there CDN does have bandwidth limits and I expect the content to be pretty big, so it would eat that in a day, even if the site stays small.

But Thanks everyone!
camolist

Activity: 896

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2013, 08:20:33 PM

The only reason I need a CDN is not to speed up content delivery, I am just going to have so much content that it doesn't make sense to just put it with my VPS within the reach of the site. It also helps with privacy since it make it difficult to scrap thru links to get to the other content. The only reason I am not going with Amazon is cause there CDN does have bandwidth limits and I expect the content to be pretty big, so it would eat that in a day, even if the site stays small.

But Thanks everyone!
get a server from 100tb.com

they use softlayers network and servers

i ran 500mbit/sec per server through two of their $99/month servers for quite awhile

betting they came out quite behind on those Wink they are just betting on the vast majority of people never needing anything remote to 100tb (and as they have proven to be right for many years since they are still in business)

CrownCloud

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 10:44:59 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2013, 11:01:20 AM by CrownCloud

But Thanks everyone!

i ran 500mbit/sec per server through two of their $99/month servers for quite awhile

betting they came out quite behind on those Wink they are just betting on the vast majority of people never needing anything remote to 100tb (and as they have proven to be right for many years since they are still in business)

Well you could but I would suggest reading 100tb's TOS, they do not allow CDN's without their approval on their network..  SimpleCDN used their network and had to be shut down as seen here,
http://gigaom.com/2010/12/14/simplecdn-takedown-a-cautionary-tale-for-resellers/

Dedicated servers, OpenVZ and KVM based VPSes and  in 4 locations. (We accept Bitcoin !)
camolist

Activity: 896

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2013, 11:20:31 AM

But Thanks everyone!

Well you could but I would suggest reading 100tb's TOS, they do not allow CDN's without their approval on their network..  SimpleCDN used their network and had to be shut down as seen here,
http://gigaom.com/2010/12/14/simplecdn-takedown-a-cautionary-tale-for-resellers/

From what I understand they have different definitions of file storage/bandwidth and cdn. The 500mbit I was running was a drop in the bucket compared to another I know of in the business and 100tb did not have a problem with us

I stopped in April 2012 far after this whole cdn thing went down and I believe the other is still going

The simplecdn was a huge mess (I remember the drama on webhostingtalk)

CrownCloud

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 11:46:27 AM

But Thanks everyone!

From what I understand they have different definitions of file storage/bandwidth and cdn. The 500mbit I was running was a drop in the bucket compared to another I know of in the business and 100tb did not have a problem with us

I stopped in April 2012 far after this whole cdn thing went down and I believe the other is still going

The simplecdn was a huge mess (I remember the drama on webhostingtalk)

Aah Tongue okay Smiley

QuantumKiwi

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2013, 12:28:41 AM

We provide CDN services, surprised one of our bitcointalk clients didnt mention us?

Starting your own website?
CLOUD Hosting from $4.95/0.05BTC!
pride

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 06:11:50 AM

http://www.coinuploads.com/

sad this wasn't mentioned earlier. Hope thats what you need.
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 06:24:30 AM

http://www.coinuploads.com/

sad this wasn't mentioned earlier. Hope thats what you need.

It isn't sad cause that is not what coinuploads.com is, cause it is a storage locker, I am looking for something different a CDN (Content Delivery Network).
pride

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 09:35:23 AM

you are, sorry...was late, should have waited to post.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: