Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:07:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Closed] Looking for a several users to mediate during Rein's alpha  (Read 1263 times)
weex (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 08:46:44 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2016, 05:53:44 AM by weex

Final update: Bidding is now closed. Thank you all for helping this out Rein!

Update: Though a few of you applied and were approved for 0.03 BTC, nobody's actually done the setup yet. Maybe once you guys got into it, it was too hard? Anyway, I'm instead accepting bids. Note that, once you get setup as a mediator, you can actually make money by being a mediator and you can put in any %age you like. Centralized platforms charge 8.5% or 20% so there is some meat on the bone so to speak. Back to our regularly scheduled post....

A new experimental and theoretically decentralized labor market called Rein has released an alpha and I want to pay approved mediators 0.03 BTC *please post a bid* to sign up. The entire process from installation to enrollment takes about 10 minutes and is shown live on the command line in this video but please read this entire post before you do any work.

The only differences from the video and what you'll need to do for the 0.03 BTC bid amount are:
  • You must be willing to mediate and answer yes to that when prompted. You can set whatever fee you'd like and know that it will be paid whether you need to resolve a dispute or not for future transactions. Mediator funds are locked in an address that will require your signature to spend which is one of the unique features of Rein. Since you're agreeing to be a mediator, please be available to respond within 72 hours in case you need to resolve a dispute. You will enter an email or bitmessage address (which will become public information) when you sign up.
  • Instead of signing up with local causeway servers, you'll use the command 'rein request' twice to get free microhosting from rein1-sfo.reinproject.org:2016 and rein2-ams.reinproject.org:2016

To apply, please reply and answer why you might want to use a decentralized labor market to do work or pay others to work for you.

I haven't decided how many total but at least 5 people will be approved for this in the next day or so if there's interest. Only approved applicants will be paid so do not do it and then ask for funds without approval from me, here, in this thread.

Important note: While I'm willing to pay you to do the setup, you should know that in the current state of Rein, there is no way to revoke an enrollment or change your Willing-to-mediate status. This will become a priority once some transactions are going but it's not there yet. So expect to be contacted and to do your duty as a mediator (as shown in this video). Again, you'll be paid (or at least funds locked for you won't go to anyone else) so hopefully you'll want to do it once you see how this works. If you want to bow out later, that feature is on the very short roadmap.

In any case, I want to get this going a little with a couple of initial Rein-related jobs so need to get some mediators on the system. Thank you for your help in advance.

Setup Guide: https://github.com/ReinProject/python-rein/blob/master/doc/HOWTO-setup-rein.md

-weex
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 12:16:42 PM

Just to make sure I understand what rein is or does:
1. employer Alice posts a job
2. employee Bob accepts the job
3. Alice pays for the job to a multi-sig address
4. Bob finishes the job

5. a) Alice & Bob agree that the job's been done and done well, no mediation, they both sign, money goes to Bob
5. b) Alice is not happy with the work, Bob wants his money, the mediator decides upon payment

So, basically, multi-sig escrow for freelance work payments.
The idea isn't exactly new, but if it's done well, I assume it could fly.
Interested. Might be available as a mediator but only for European customers.
I wouldn't want to annoy people by being unresponsive just because I sleep while they work Wink

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 04:32:38 PM

Just to make sure I understand what rein is or does:
Correct.

Interested. Might be available as a mediator but only for European customers.
I wouldn't want to annoy people by being unresponsive just because I sleep while they work Wink
There are no hard requirements for being a mediator in terms of timing. Long-term ratings should help incentivize responsiveness and at this point, nobody can complain that you must sleep. Maybe we'll have mediators that are really 24/7 call centers in the future. Cheesy

Approved.
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 04:35:12 PM

First, I would prefer to have had a text guide, I do not really like video tutorials or anything along the lines.

Regarding the question to apply, I think a decentralized market would simplify the process of hiring/working, also, I think the contact between the worker and the job-provider would be much closer, potentially leading to long-term relationships (which would be good for both, IMO).

You are approved but the best I can offer for a text guide is https://github.com/ReinProject/python-rein/blob/master/README.md

It's not as thorough as the video but it along with the OP (for the server addresses) should be enough. Shoot me an offer via PM if you want to write a text guide.
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 08:02:01 AM

Still looking for a few more applicants.
DropsOfJupiter

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 08:58:39 AM

Is the learning curve steep, or can one get the hang of things within a few minutes?

The most amazing graphic designer in the universe
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 07:20:15 PM

The commands are modeled after git so if you're familiar with that, then it should be easier. Working on a text guide today. The overall process is pretty obvious if you think about how a multisig job has to go online.
icet208

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:23:18 PM

Hello,

I have watched your videos about Rein, and I find your project interesting. I would definitely try to use a decentralized labor market, mainly because of multisig and decentralization.
I would like to apply.
Although I'm not very tech savvy but I'm sure that you can guide me if needed.

Have a great day
RoughLyfe

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 06:25:04 PM

If this can run on mac then I would like to apply as well.
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 06:48:20 PM

Is there a Linux version of this? It does sound like a good idea if you can get mediators who are honest.
dipkiss

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 07:17:46 PM

so a decentralized microhosting network will connect freelancers with clients,where freelancer can earn btc for their work.
i want to apply  Smiley
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 01:51:35 AM

Hello,

I have watched your videos about Rein, and I find your project interesting. I would definitely try to use a decentralized labor market, mainly because of multisig and decentralization.
I would like to apply.
Although I'm not very tech savvy but I'm sure that you can guide me if needed.

Have a great day
Thanks. Approved.
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 01:53:15 AM

If this can run on mac then I would like to apply as well.
I've been developing on Mac and Ubuntu about 50/50% of the time so I'm sure it works on OS X. Approved.
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 01:55:46 AM

Is there a Linux version of this? It does sound like a good idea if you can get mediators who are honest.
Reputation will come with time, which is why I want to get this going asap. The software is Python so should run on any platform. I've been developing it on Ubuntu and OS X so I can say it works on those at least.
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 01:57:08 AM

so a decentralized microhosting network will connect freelancers with clients,where freelancer can earn btc for their work.
i want to apply  Smiley
Approved. To you and anyone else who is getting started, please PM me or post here if you have any questions. I'm working on a text guide which will be quite comprehensive, and needs to be since generating some Bitcoin addresses securely and being able to get their private keys is necessary for the setup.
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 07:26:55 AM

Just posted this Setup Guide: https://github.com/ReinProject/python-rein/blob/master/doc/HOWTO-setup-rein.md
Gildarts

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 07:57:40 AM

I want to apply  Smiley

Kinda confuse what exactly i need to do for .03BTC  Huh

Edit : After reading the Thread now i understand.

I want to do this if you accept ! i want people to use this.
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 08:42:14 AM

Thank you Gildarts. You are approved.
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 02:14:31 AM

0.03BTC + whatever fees you might make seems not to have done it so I am now accepting bids. Previously approved users are welcome to submit bids as well.
TheGrimm

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 02:33:28 AM

Hi there,

This sounds like a interesting project, I am truly interested, I understand this is basically in "alpha" mode but do mediator get paid in bitcoin for each "task" ? Also I can easily start up 10 vps with my cloud account, are you paying for servers deployed for this project too?

I can not do this RIGHT now but I can start tomorrow.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: