Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:20:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] 2 Icarus boards (latest batch)  (Read 2370 times)
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 03:28:56 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2013, 06:09:18 AM by Kluge

I emailed cablepair a couple days ago about this since he wanted the chips... but uhh... I'm assuming that's not going to work out, now.  Cheesy

Make an offer (above 3BTC each). Shipping's from lower-central Michigan - $15 for both, or $10 per unit in continental US. Ask if elsewhere. So I don't get confused, bid amounts and shipping price are separate (so if you bid 4BTC for one in the continental US, you'd pay 4BTC + $10 equiv.). If you just want the chips, lemme know, since I can repurpose the fan and power supply.

Comes with:
*Original generic box with bubble-wrap protection
*One last-batch Icarus board (the changes he made on them elude me ATM)
*DC barrel power supply
*Probably some dust. Can't afford a new can of air.  Sad
*Mini-USB -> USB adapter

Icarus link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=51371.0

Bidding ends "when I wake up" 5pm EST on January 18th, 2013 (top two highest bids both win one each unless bid was for two units) or buy them both now for 50BTC.  Wink  Tongue Up for escrow (but you pay any fees). I reserve the right to void or "discount" bids as suits my whims.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
segabtc

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 04:19:39 AM

how fast are these boards running? mhs? Currently mining with them? thanks
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 04:26:14 AM

how fast are these boards running? mhs? Currently mining with them? thanks
They do ~380MH/s (+- 20MH/s, changes each time miner boots). Didn't test power draw.

I stopped mining with them ~1 week ago when BitMinter went down. I'm too lazy to configure CGMiner to work with them again, and since BitMinter went down for a couple days, now get a runtime error every time I try with BitMinter for a reason I can't figure out (not specific to Icarus boards - detaching didn't help).
Mikej0h

Activity: 117
Merit: 100

Life is short, play long

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 03:19:29 PM

If you would be willing to ship internationally (to Netherlands to be more specific), I offer 8 BTC (total for both) + shipping.

Just a bid to start with I guess?  Cheesy
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 07:13:26 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2013, 07:26:22 PM by Kluge

If you would be willing to ship internationally (to Netherlands to be more specific), I offer 8 BTC (total for both) + shipping.

Just a bid to start with I guess?  Cheesy
I looked at Switzerland for someone in PMs. Netherlands should be pretty similar.

"To get one or both there in 1-3 business days, $93 for one or both.
To get one or both there in 3-5 business days, $41 for one or $50 for both.
To get there in 6-10 business days, $37 for one or $45 for both.
To get there "whenever" (2-8 weeks), $18 for one or $31 for both.

Gox rate is something like $14 per BTC, fwiw. Those aren't definite shipping prices, but should be pretty close ballparks. I'd refund you the difference if it were to end up costing me less."

ETA: Looked up Netherlands specifically:

1-3 business days, $72 for one or $86 for both.
3-5 business days, $42 for one or $50 for both.
6-10 business days, $35 for one or $41 for both.
"whenever," $18 for one or $31 for both.

ETA: If someone International needs something specific in declarations on orders, lemme know in PMs. Intend to use bid price (excl. shipping) as declaration value.
lenny_
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

DARKNETMARKETS.COM

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2013, 01:08:26 AM

Bid for both 9 BTC.

DARKNET MARKETS >> https://DARKNETMARKETS.COM
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 12:53:23 AM

Three days left!
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 01:25:56 AM

10 btc for both.

hi
abbeytim

Activity: 438
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 03:19:41 AM

10.5 for both
gyverlb

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 03:26:05 AM

12 BTC for both + shipping to France

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
Mushroomized
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 04:04:43 AM

12 BTC for both + shipping to France
12.5 for both

hi
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 08:59:50 PM

2 days left!
gyverlb

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 10:29:14 PM

2 days left!
How much would be the shipping to France in less than 10 days and with robust packaging (boards in original packaging or enclosed in bubble wrap padded with styrofoam chips or equivalent). Good packaging is important (someone sold me 5970s in a large box using only newspaper as padding material, they came out of the box bent and I had to ask a refund and send them back).
As a rule of thumb you should be confident that a package can survive at least a 40 inches drop on an hard surface, especially for international shipping were lots of different people handle the package...

Edit: I reread your earlier post about shipping to Europe, that would be $41 then or currently less than 3 BTC if I'm not mistaken.

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 01:21:54 AM

2 days left!
How much would be the shipping to France in less than 10 days and with robust packaging (boards in original packaging or enclosed in bubble wrap padded with styrofoam chips or equivalent). Good packaging is important (someone sold me 5970s in a large box using only newspaper as padding material, they came out of the box bent and I had to ask a refund and send them back).
As a rule of thumb you should be confident that a package can survive at least a 40 inches drop on an hard surface, especially for international shipping were lots of different people handle the package...

Edit: I reread your earlier post about shipping to Europe, that would be $41 then or currently less than 3 BTC if I'm not mistaken.
It's in original packaging. Even comes with original tape (uhh - yeah, I guess I should tape over that, just in case Tongue ). I put them on risers and basically ran them inside the boxes after tucking the cardboard flap back.

Oh. If it wasn't assumed, the units do come with mini-USB->USB connectors. I believe one isn't original, though, so if you were looking for a truly "authentic" experience..... SoL. (One was malfunctioning when I bought it, changing the adapter cable solved the problem)

France shipping:
1-3 business days, $79 for both
3-5 business days, $47 for both
6-10 business days, $38 for both
"whenever," $25 for both
gyverlb

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 02:43:59 AM

2 days left!

It's in original packaging. Even comes with original tape (uhh - yeah, I guess I should tape over that, just in case Tongue ). I put them on risers and basically ran them inside the boxes after tucking the cardboard flap back.

Oh. If it wasn't assumed, the units do come with mini-USB->USB connectors. I believe one isn't original, though, so if you were looking for a truly "authentic" experience..... SoL. (One was malfunctioning when I bought it, changing the adapter cable solved the problem)

France shipping:
"whenever," $25 for both
Another question as we don't have the same outlets and voltage in France.
Is the power supply modular (ie: is the 110V cable with American outlet adapter easily replaceable with a 220V cable with a French outlet adapter)? A photo of the power supply would help. Ideally there would be DC barrel to molex adapters (if the units use 12V which they probably do) I've seen someone selling hand-made ones but I'm not sure if they were meant to be used with Icarus boards.

P2pool tuning guide
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 05:00:49 AM

2 days left!

France shipping:
"whenever," $25 for both
Another question as we don't have the same outlets and voltage in France.
Is the power supply modular (ie: is the 110V cable with American outlet adapter easily replaceable with a 220V cable with a French outlet adapter)? A photo of the power supply would help. Ideally there would be DC barrel to molex adapters (if the units use 12V which they probably do) I've seen someone selling hand-made ones but I'm not sure if they were meant to be used with Icarus boards.
Hrm... This one's more difficult. I *THINK* they should work, but I don't know enough about the differences between NA & EUR electrical wiring to say for sure. I can take a picture and upload, but not here, and I won't be going somewhere I can mooch off a high-speed connection by the time the auction ends. The power supplies are two-pronged (no ground), have input rating allowing 100-240V. The power adapter is labeled a "switching" adapter. I'm not sure if this relates to "switching" between different input voltages or the AC-DC switch. If I could load the Icarus page (I'll hit "refresh" on this page 2-8 times before my post actually posts), I could see if he had a separate North American and European version.... If he just had one version, it seems safe to say it was probably designed to work with either voltage inputs. ... But again, I'm not saying that definitively because I wouldn't be too pleased if the board worked, then fried.

(while I'm staring at the input specs sticker, 1A max draw, 50-60VA - 50-60Hz. The output specs show +12v, 2A max.The part number is R33215 from Sunny.)

You know -- lemme just email ngzhang and double-check. I'll get back with you. It'll probably be tomorrow before I hear something, so the auction'll be extended to 5pm EST tomorrow (Friday). If you want a "conditional" bid depending on what nghzang says, that's fine with me, too, fwiw.
gyverlb

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 05:59:19 AM

I think it should be OK with adapters.
16BTC total with shipping, which should be less than 3BTC.

P2pool tuning guide
Mushroomized
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 04:28:56 PM

So if your bid is 13 btc (without shipping)

I bid 13.5 btc. (minus shipping)

hi
gyverlb

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 05:19:09 PM

Actually at the current BTC price it's more like 13.5 BTC + 2.5 BTC for shipping.

Anyway I'll raise to 20 BTC for both boards + shipping at 2.5 BTC.

P2pool tuning guide
gyverlb

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 06:14:56 PM

Actually at the current BTC price it's more like 13.5 BTC + 2.5 BTC for shipping.

Anyway I'll raise to 20 BTC for both boards + shipping at 2.5 BTC.
After thinking about it I'll choose the 3-5 days delivery at $47 instead of the 6-10 days delivery at $38. $47 is approximately 3.1 BTC at current prices.

P2pool tuning guide
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: