Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:59:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows Qt Compile from Source  (Read 420 times)
RidgyDidge (OP)

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 01:33:40 AM

Hello all,

I need a Windows Qt built from a Source as I don't have the technical know how just yet.

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 01:44:09 AM

Hello all,

I need a Windows Qt built from a Source as I don't have the technical know how just yet.

I'll be at the office on Monday morning. If you haven't succeeded by then, I'll teach you how to do it yourself (it isn't that hard actually.)

RidgyDidge (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 03:35:11 AM

Hello all,

I'll be at the office on Monday morning. If you haven't succeeded by then, I'll teach you how to do it yourself (it isn't that hard actually.)

It would also have to be doable on Windows if that was the case...

altcoinhosting

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 03:42:35 AM

There are a couple ways to do this easily... Like I said, I'll help you on Monday if you haven't figured it out by yourself by then (best to send me a pm on Monday if you still need my help)

RidgyDidge (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 11:22:31 AM

There are a couple ways to do this easily... Like I said, I'll help you on Monday if you haven't figured it out by yourself by then (best to send me a pm on Monday if you still need my help)

Ok Thanks altcoinhosting.

On a more recent note, I have followed a guide and have extracted, installed & built all the dependencies and open source qt, now I am facing the problem of trying to compile a Windows Qt wallet from the src (source) that is the bit I am stuck on right now Undecided

altcoinhosting

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 06:56:24 AM

I don't have that much time atm, so i'll point you towards the two methods i've used successfully in the past. I'm not the author of the methods, but i've used them and they gave me correctly compiled windows binaries...
I've tried other methods, but these two ones were the easyest to do.

Method 1:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252931.0;topicseen
Really easy: download the package on a clean pc (i've used a virtual windows XP in the past, worked like a charm), run it => finished Smiley
If something goes wrong, open the .sh files, and execute the steps it lists one by one.
This method is the easyest... it requires almost no knowledge, but if something goes wrong, it can be pretty hard to figure it out.

Method 2:
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/gitian-building.md
I know it sounds scary to build a windows exectable on linux, but it's the easyest way Wink
BTW: you don't need to do anything to your windows pc, you just run linux in oracle virtual machine under windows.

If you've tried both methods, but cannot succeed, post the error messages in this thread and i'll have a look.
Good luck!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: