Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:45:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoins successor  (Read 4651 times)
daoneway (OP)

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 01:54:23 AM

which digital currency would you say is the best to come out after bitcoin when it comes to useful attributes to the system.

Id be really interested whats a useful thing after bitcoin since i really got out of touch with all the new altcoins coming out.

Is NXT/MSC still a thing?

3MJprz7GLVjQaFHx7hhVErPVYugKNxKs1Y

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 02:33:19 AM

which digital currency would you say is the best to come out after bitcoin when it comes to useful attributes to the system.
Id be really interested whats a useful thing after bitcoin since i really got out of touch with all the new altcoins coming out.

First, this thread should be in the altcoins section.

Second, this site, http://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all should help you to see what is currently in demand.
    NXT still exists and is #12 for market cap.
    MSC is now OMNI and is #34 for market cap.
Of course, demand does not equal what is the best with most useful attributes.

Third, something I saw today worth passing on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gfntBEI3Aw

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:29:38 AM

I think bitcoin does not need a successor... It will evolve and improve as it goes...
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:33:17 AM

NXT/MSC are nota thing anymore.

and if the blockstream crew have their way "liquid" closed network will be the next thing, followed by their premined sidechains.. and then the crippled bitcoin that they stop improving on

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
jamalaezaz
Copper Member

Activity: 1876
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 06:17:14 AM

bitcoin do not need any successor. bitcoin is live and will be live long.

Available For CM/SMM, Content Writing and Digital Marketing
TG: @jamalaezaz
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 06:23:25 AM

1.Bitcoin is not dying roughly 10 years from now,too early to ask this question
2.The successor of bitcoin will only be bitcoin but regulated maybe.
3.If again I had to choose another altcoin I'd go for dodgecoin.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 08:34:30 AM

any coin that you see in the coinmarketcap is not a worth successor, ever they are clone, nothing more, they do not offer anything that can not be easily implemented in core

they are a good test tool, like you test the next upgrade of core before releasing it, treat them as RC for future core upgrades

so no, i believe that the next successor is an evolution of bitcoin, or a completely new thing that use not a blockchain but something else that you can not even imagine right now, like you were not able to imagine the blockchain in 2007....
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 08:43:20 AM

Bitcoin needs various competitors, Then only it would grow high than other cryptcurrencies
in the market which has been developed based on the bitcoin technology
mkc

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 08:45:19 AM

So far, nothing comes close to bitcoin. Bitcoin is the king, and only king.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 08:49:24 AM

So far, nothing comes close to bitcoin. Bitcoin is the king, and only king.

Nothing even after the Ethereum hype to which they say its revolutionary that they almost say its better than bitcoin?
I guess no one yet had been persuade to move there just for the sake of profit when they pump up.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
jethrorn99

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 08:58:26 AM

If bitcoin SOMEHOW dead / unused (which is weird) I'll go to use litecoin or doge.

Cryptology
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

In Cryptography We Trust

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 09:01:42 AM

A lot of complacency in some posts... Bitcoin is well ahead of the pack due to its first mover advantage but with all this fighting going on things could change quite quickly.

Right now ethercoin is the challenger.
yenxz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 04:33:38 PM

some coins look really serious and have good idea to make their crypto really have many users and become a popular currency,such as Neucoin,NXT,XMR,and many other.
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:19:18 PM

Its nothing we've seen yet and i would guess there wont be a successor since everything can be built on top of bitcoin or in conjunction with.  We will probably have centralized competition from banks.
kyrios_

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:35:53 PM

Solidcoin all the way
marbu1022

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:56:13 PM

There should not be a bitcoin successor.  Other than minor changes to the blockchain, nothing can be improved upon from the view point of the consumer. Satoshi planned all of bitcoin's  features ahead of time, and it is his design that made bitcoin a success. If there is a successor to bitcoin, it would be something issued by governments, as where each country would have their own digital currency.  The latter is probably a bad idea, therefore bitcoin should be around for a long time to come, at least in the western world, where if it came down to it, courts would enforce its existence.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 06:25:40 PM

It's hard to say really. I never really tried to understand much about Ethereum, because it doesn't really sound like it's a "currency", rather, it's sort of a "database" system prototype.  I'm pretty sure Microsoft bought out Ethereum as a testing ground for their Azure platform.  So, in a way, I'm just not that interested in Ethereum.

I don't want to sound like some kind of shill for an altcoin on here, because I hate when people use FUD to encourage people to buy some of their coin.  But, I personally think the new coin on the block that holds a legitimate value compared to bitcoin would be Monero (XMR).  They are sort of a fork off of DASH, in which they both use the "cryptonote" code.  If you don't know much about the cryptonote system, it's basically a way to anonymize transactions on the blockchain through "ring signatures".  Monero is different because of a group of active devs working together on the codebase... whereas DASH has become sort of stagnant with active development.  

DASH is also pretty well known for being insta/ninjamined at the beginning, so that the very early adopters have an incredible amount of coins under their belt... Monero was a fairly launched coin, which makes it more appealing to other people who weren't the very first people to hear about it.  

If you want to read more about cryptonotes... here's the white paper:
https://cryptonote.org/whitepaper.pdf

Also, here's what's being worked on Monero as of right now; which is Ring CT (way of anonymizing the actual amounts on the block chain) this is being worked on by Shen-Noether... someone in the monero research lab:

http://diyhpl.us/~bryan/papers2/bitcoin/Ring%20CT%20for%20Monero.pdf

Again, I really don't care if you guys get into it... I just really like it to help remain anonymous in my transactions, and not have everything publicly available on the blockchain.  A cool tool I use, primarily for buying stuff in BTC, is using my XMR (monero) and using https://xmr.to/  to pay any vendor who accepts bitcoins, and pay with xmr to help remain anonymous.  It just converts how much XMR is worth at the current moment of purchase (in BTC) and pays the vendor in BTC.

Edit: I will have to say though, that it does propose fixes for a couple of the problems that Bitcoin is facing right now... 1) XMR has adaptive blocksizes to adjust accordingly to amount of transactions being done 2) Tail emission features, where the total amount of XMR is added on to in the future to incentivize mining in the future (should be 18 Million coins, and then keeps adding coins as need... where it will get closer and closer to 21 Million over time, but keeps decreasing rewards so it never really gets there).

virtualdn
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1093

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 06:50:17 PM

to be honest none. I think there will be some popular alternatives remaining like Litecoin and Dogecoin but no suitable successor.

1 BTC = 1 BTC
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 06:54:27 PM

to be honest none. I think there will be some popular alternatives remaining like Litecoin and Dogecoin but no suitable successor.

Litecoin was and still is a legitimate alternative that has an active user base and has somewhat a different functionality than bitcoin (with somewhat faster confirmations times)... but Doge will never be a legitimate alternative.  It was just a fad that had it's "heyday" in 2014 when the doge "meme" was popular, and garnered a lot of attention from people who just like the meme...  It doesn't have any different functional purpose compared to Bitcoin, it just has millions and millions of more coins... that's the only real difference between the two.

virtualdn
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1093

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 06:57:28 PM

Litecoin was and still is a legitimate alternative that has an active user base and has somewhat a different functionality than bitcoin (with somewhat faster confirmations times)... but Doge will never be a legitimate alternative.  It was just a fad that had it's "heyday" in 2014 when the doge "meme" was popular, and garnered a lot of attention from people who just like the meme...  It doesn't have any different functional purpose compared to Bitcoin, it just has millions and millions of more coins... that's the only real difference between the two.

Dogecoin is very popular and I'm a big supporter, if you ask me I'd say it's the second most important coin after BTC  http://coinok.pw

1 BTC = 1 BTC
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: