Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:28:19 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin. $15-$25. This Year.  (Read 7488 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 05:42:40 AM

Mark my words.

i was hoping ltc will turn just about $7-10 lately during the btc pump and so i bought some just to gain profit with less risk but turned out I just kept waiting.
I could have invest it to some other coin like monero which seem to have better system and has active devs.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 06:19:36 AM

Please, that's a good prediction for ETH in the next months. Bitcoin is already done for and you think Litecoin stands a chance? Is funny to see people excited by a little spike in price for Bitcoin, I tend to think people and companies are buying BTC just to get ETH, therefore the recent price increase.

Bitcoin and Ether have two different use cases.
-Bitcoin will be nothing more than a commodity but a very valuable one (best distribution there will ever be).
-Ethereum is more about smart contracts
-Ripple and their Interledger Protocol will make XRP the perfect bridge currency

So there will not be one winner. I like ETH but I think it is over priced at the moment. 

I do not see Litecoin hitting 15$ - it only hit 8$ before its own halving.  Plus ETH and XRP will steal some of it's thunder.

I don't know about Ripple since I'm not sure how a centralized coin could fit into that but I think you are right that those 3 could definitely be onto something. I think Bitcoin is done for in the term of currency, it will never be adopted by the mainstream, but it can definitely reinvent itself like you said, as a commodity and invesment option, kinda like gold.

I definitely not agree that ETH is overpriced. Compared to what? it depends on how much it can achieve. It's like saying Bitcoin was overpriced at $10, $50 or $100 really. There's only 72 millions ETH, if the platform becomes a standard for developing apps in major companies and around the world, they will need that fuel to run them. $5 a piece it's nothing really when you have a coin as divisible as Bitcoin. The difference is that Bitcoin is not actually needed for anything so it's more of a commodity as you said.
bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc (OP)

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 07:36:46 AM

Some facts about scam coin Ethereum. The following facts are undeniable. Because of this fact, Ethereum is automatically a worthless scam coin that is enjoying its 15 minutes of fame. Nothing more. But it will certainly become a lot less.

1. IPO Coin ****ALARM ALARM ALARM --> ALL IPO COINS ARE SCAMS. NO EXCEPTION**

2. Unlimited supply. Ethereum Scam Coin doesn't have max cap on coins like the only 2 legitimate cryptocurrencies Bitcoin & Litecoin. Ethereum is, in this regard, the same as dogecoin.

3. The main exchange where Ethereum Scam Coin is traded at is Poloniex, an exchange operating from a shed in the middle of the woods --> LOL

4. It has been proven that Ethereum Scam Coin volume is 95% fake and 5% of it is from noobs who believe it will overtake Bitcoin.

5. Ethereum has no liquidity. Try selling $10k worth of Ethereum. Coin's value will collapse immediately. LOL.

enhu
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 07:48:49 AM

Some facts about scam coin Ethereum. The following facts are undeniable. Because of this fact, Ethereum is automatically a worthless scam coin that is enjoying its 15 minutes of fame. Nothing more. But it will certainly become a lot less.

1. IPO Coin ****ALARM ALARM ALARM --> ALL IPO COINS ARE SCAMS. NO EXCEPTION**

2. Unlimited supply. Ethereum Scam Coin doesn't have max cap on coins like the only 2 legitimate cryptocurrencies Bitcoin & Litecoin. Ethereum is, in this regard, the same as dogecoin.

3. The main exchange where Ethereum Scam Coin is traded at is Poloniex, an exchange operating from a shed in the middle of the woods --> LOL

4. It has been proven that Ethereum Scam Coin volume is 95% fake and 5% of it is from noobs who believe it will overtake Bitcoin.

5. Ethereum has no liquidity. Try selling $10k worth of Ethereum. Coin's value will collapse immediately. LOL.

I'm not surprise though, even when the devs are known and have their photos scattered online they still can get away with it after scamming. would like to know where you got the info, maybe a link for these information.

Dux2K
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 07:56:26 AM

Hard to happen even 10$ will be hard to happen maybe just maybe wheb halving passes

Coinroll - Bitcoin Gambling

[fX665GSjkGyrckCzk]
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1431

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 10:10:33 AM

Mark my words.

But who'll get there first?  LTC or ETH?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 10:30:08 AM

Mark my words.

I do not recognise the existence of Ethereum.

Scam coins don't have legitimacy in the Crypto sphere.

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1431

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 10:41:13 AM

Mark my words.

Legitimacy according to you isn't the question here.  It's who will get to $15 - $25 first...?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 10:50:45 AM

Mark my words.

Legitimacy according to you isn't the question here.  It's who will get to $15 - $25 first...?

Litecoin of course.
McDonalds5

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 10:56:24 AM

Mark my words.

i was hoping ltc will turn just about $7-10 lately during the btc pump and so i bought some just to gain profit with less risk but turned out I just kept waiting.
I could have invest it to some other coin like monero which seem to have better system and has active devs.

So in reality you are a monero bagholder who made up this story to loosen the bag a little
enhu
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 11:02:52 AM

Mark my words.

There are some other users who also mention about eth to be scam but none of you ever provide a link for such info as to why you considered them as scam.

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 11:13:41 AM

Mark my words.

There are some other users who also mention about eth to be scam but none of you ever provide a link for such info as to why you considered them as scam.

Ethereum facts:

1. IPO coin. All IPO coins are scam (this is a fact)

2. It has no limit like legitimate BTC and LTC cryptocurrencies. No limit --> useless crypto.

3. Where volumes come from? It is traded on Poloniex (like 70-80%), Poloniex is operating from shed in the woods --> doesn't prove it is scam, but MAJOR RED FLAGS.

Those 3 things combined lead to this conclusion --> Ethereum is a scam.

Rotator

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 12:36:01 PM

If i must choose between LTC and ETH i would probably chose LTC.
I don't like IPO ICO also, but when you see opportunity on exchanges you forget fast what was all about. Cheesy
virusasog

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 12:49:32 PM

If i must choose between LTC and ETH i would probably chose LTC.
I don't like IPO ICO also, but when you see opportunity on exchanges you forget fast what was all about. Cheesy

I would choose Ethereum. The mining of the litecon is too concentrated, it is controlled by very few miners. The development is not active.
pimpjuice

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 01:23:31 PM

Please, that's a good prediction for ETH in the next months. Bitcoin is already done for and you think Litecoin stands a chance? Is funny to see people excited by a little spike in price for Bitcoin, I tend to think people and companies are buying BTC just to get ETH, therefore the recent price increase.

Bitcoin and Ether have two different use cases.
-Bitcoin will be nothing more than a commodity but a very valuable one (best distribution there will ever be).
-Ethereum is more about smart contracts
-Ripple and their Interledger Protocol will make XRP the perfect bridge currency

So there will not be one winner. I like ETH but I think it is over priced at the moment. 

I do not see Litecoin hitting 15$ - it only hit 8$ before its own halving.  Plus ETH and XRP will steal some of it's thunder.

I don't know about Ripple since I'm not sure how a centralized coin could fit into that but I think you are right that those 3 could definitely be onto something. I think Bitcoin is done for in the term of currency, it will never be adopted by the mainstream, but it can definitely reinvent itself like you said, as a commodity and invesment option, kinda like gold.

I definitely not agree that ETH is overpriced. Compared to what? it depends on how much it can achieve. It's like saying Bitcoin was overpriced at $10, $50 or $100 really. There's only 72 millions ETH, if the platform becomes a standard for developing apps in major companies and around the world, they will need that fuel to run them. $5 a piece it's nothing really when you have a coin as divisible as Bitcoin. The difference is that Bitcoin is not actually needed for anything so it's more of a commodity as you said.

Xrp is becoming more decentralized over time.  Microsoft will soon be running a validaters. Even buteren had said 10 banks is better than 3 main miners.
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 01:31:11 PM

Because of above FUD. Facts are required.

• Capable of four times as many transactions as Bitcoin in a ten minute period. Frankly if payment processors had adopted Litecoin in the past year current Bitcoin block discussions would be irrelevant (and likely the price of both coins higher). Anyone who has watched these discussions understands the immediate advantage of a network with larger transactional capability.  
  • Faster confirmation times. The only people who don't think this is important have never spent a single coin or they have patience that the average person does not possess.
  • The faster block time of litecoin reduces the risk of double spending attacks.
  • Anti-spam.
  • Fast well established network. Current Hashrate is 1,643 GH/s. Since scrypt is memory intensive it is known to be approximately 1000 times slower hardware wise in comparison to SHA256. Fair comparison to the Bitcoin network requires multiplying that hashrate by 1000 (1,643 TH/s). The fact is for most of Litecoins history the hashrate has been relatively high and secure. Those comparing it to the Bitcoin network without considering this 1k factor are either being disingenuous or just ignorant of the facts.
  • Continuous development look here at number of releases in past year: https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/releases
  • Upcoming new features look here for whats happening in 2016:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/3z2ta1/ama_official_litecoin_developers_and_litecoin/
  • Longevity. Many coins have temporarily eclipsed litecoin as they were marketed for the purpose of increasing the fiat accounts of a small group and emptying the accounts of new users. Unfortunately this has been detrimental to crypto-space in general.
  • Great community.
  • Fully supported by GoCoin a growing payment processor used by thousands of merchants https://www.gocoin.com/
  • Liquidity. You can sell thousands and not crash the market. Maintains value.
pimpjuice

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 02:09:57 PM

Good post but still not convinced.  Even the creator calls it silver to bitcoins gold. Btc and ltc will never be more than a commodity. Could it be worth 25$, sure in time. The currency of the future is what we already have in my opinion, it's how we move them. Xrp is faster than ltc but it won't become the global currency, just a great bridge for those that already exist.
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1208

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 02:22:21 PM

There is a huge possibility right now many alt coins are now re surging and many of them are getting pump up,Litecoin is not your ordinary crypto currency it is always on the top 5 crypto currency since the beginning so I would not be surprise if it reach that..

shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 03:06:38 PM

Good post but still not convinced.  Even the creator calls it silver to bitcoins gold. Btc and ltc will never be more than a commodity. Could it be worth 25$, sure in time. The currency of the future is what we already have in my opinion, it's how we move them. Xrp is faster than ltc but it won't become the global currency, just a great bridge for those that already exist.

Thank you. I wasn't suggesting that litecoin displace bitcoin. Most members of the litecoin community agree with the principle of being silver to bitcoins gold. I own both and have used both (I've mined both since 2012). I agree with the principle of being more of a commodity because of limitation speed of any decentralized network. This limitation in speed is what maintains security and prevents various attacks. Security is and should be the first concern of any digital system to maintain value (and if you want to sell it to institutional investors).
pimpjuice

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 04:41:41 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2016, 05:56:44 PM by pimpjuice

Someday it will probably be worth more than that, just not this year.  I read recently that an asteroid passed earth with 5 trillion dollars in platinum on board. Obama signed something allowing mining in space recently (out of my head, might not be perfect). Then you have government debt issues. Btc and ltc could be what people turn to in the future.  Xrp is what will move money (and btc/ltc) due to its speed, ilp, regulation and connections. All three could put our children and grandchildren through college but only time will tell.  But 25$ this year is high in my opinion.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: