Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:10:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin: A Technical Introduction, by Brian Warner  (Read 2257 times)
remotemass (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1117
Merit: 1016

ASMR El Salvador

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2013, 05:28:45 AM

You may find this worth having a look:
Bitcoin: A Technical Introduction, by Brian Warner (Mozilla Labs)
http://people.mozilla.com/~bwarner/bitcoin/slides.html

{ Imagine a sequence of bits generated from the first decimal place of the square roots of whole integers that are irrational numbers. If the decimal falls between 0 and 5, it's considered bit 0, and if it falls between 5 and 10, it's considered bit 1. This sequence from a simple integer count of contiguous irrationals and their logical decimal expansion of the first decimal place is called the 'main irrational stream.' Our goal is to design a physical and optical computing system system that can detect when this stream starts matching a specific pattern of a given size of bits. bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=166760.0 } Satoshi did use a friend class in C++ and put a comment on the code saying: "This is why people hate C++".
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
datafish
Donator

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

Swimming in a sea of data

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 05:33:41 AM

I like the stick figures.
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 12:25:12 PM

Excellent slide show, covers a lot of important stuff.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
Thursday

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 06:21:46 PM

I understood the first 6 slides.

1AXBRFK5a8dP7z8T3gb3hvUjm2F6KYFmgS
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 07:03:41 PM

Starting on slide 7, he goes into the steps needed to make bitcoin.  He moves from a centrally issued ledger system into cryptographic currency, and then into decentralization.  After that, he covers the block chain.

He very clearly groks bitcoin and the history of electronic and cryptographic currency systems, enough so that I wish there was a video.  If he's even a halfway decent speaker, the presentation that goes with these slides is probably excellent.

Ahh, here it is:  http://vimeo.com/27177893.  I haven't watched it yet, going to now.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
remotemass (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1117
Merit: 1016

ASMR El Salvador

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2013, 09:28:34 PM

I tryed using Audacity to amplify the audio from that video. Here is the resulting mp3: http://www.4shared.com/mp3/orWg_4mF/amplifiedbitcointalk.html

{ Imagine a sequence of bits generated from the first decimal place of the square roots of whole integers that are irrational numbers. If the decimal falls between 0 and 5, it's considered bit 0, and if it falls between 5 and 10, it's considered bit 1. This sequence from a simple integer count of contiguous irrationals and their logical decimal expansion of the first decimal place is called the 'main irrational stream.' Our goal is to design a physical and optical computing system system that can detect when this stream starts matching a specific pattern of a given size of bits. bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=166760.0 } Satoshi did use a friend class in C++ and put a comment on the code saying: "This is why people hate C++".
Hexadecibel
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

Activity: 571
Merit: 504

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 06:00:56 AM

I tryed using Audacity to amplify the audio from that video. Here is the resulting mp3: http://www.4shared.com/mp3/orWg_4mF/amplifiedbitcointalk.html

I don't want to sign up though....  Undecided
tjohej

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Magic Staff

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:53:40 PM

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.
It's ontopic and helpful so I post it.

There's an ogg theora video here in somewhat bad quality http://videos-cdn.mozilla.net/uploads/air_mozilla/07212011bitcoin.ogg

There may still be hope for the 1st decentralized cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin. How to approach different subjects is key to progress.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: