Bitcoin Forum
September 26, 2024, 11:37:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 6 Days till Avalon ASICS - Last Chance to buy your Alt Coin Cheap!  (Read 2264 times)
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 10:40:47 AM

In 6 Days Avalon says they will start shipping their ASIC's. So far the only company not to over promise and fiddle with dates, etc.... (So far)

So despite the threads about the death of LTC- All ALTs are looking pretty healthy considering in a couple days the start of the difficulty for BTC being pushed through the roof should begin, and the GPU's jump to LTC and TRC. (TRC being the faster way to get LTC at the moment- and thus BTC).

One more week till coinageddon.  Shocked

more or less retired.
hope2907

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 11:12:17 AM

chinese i don't trust them
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 12:26:08 PM

chinese i don't trust them

That what you get when you make absolutely everything of value in the world that runs on batteries. No respect.

more or less retired.
BugSpirit

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 12:31:00 PM

Considering low hashrate of TRC and bitcoin-like Proof-of-Work algorytm, even one sigle asic holder will be able to 51% it. So I quit from them completely.
Don't know about PPC - there are PoS blocks. Don't know how can they affect the situation.

Litecoin is the one resistent. Yes, hashrate will rise dramatically, but I'm not a miner and I don't care.  Smiley
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 12:34:43 PM

Considering low hashrate of TRC and bitcoin-like Proof-of-Work algorytm, even one sigle asic holder will be able to 51% it. So I quit from them completely.
Don't know about PPC - there are PoS blocks. Don't know how can they affect the situation.

Litecoin is the one resistent. Yes, hashrate will rise dramatically, but I'm not a miner and I don't care.  Smiley

who the hell is going to mine TRC or other crypto minority if they get ASIC next week?
bowen151

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Caveat Emptor

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 12:51:29 PM

Theres always someone who'll want to horde the living hell out of any coins they can. Its hardwired into them.

One who's lucky enough to get an ASIC though should mine BTC IMO especially if its before a lot of the other miners

-Buying/Selling graphics cards every month
--Buying BTC every month £/$/€200+ wanted
---UK based re-seller of physical bitcoins  Click here to buy
hope2907

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 01:18:53 PM

who the hell is going to mine TRC or other crypto minority if they get ASIC next week?

not everyone buy asic
rudrigorc2
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 01:33:05 PM

not everyone buy asic

I mean, if I have ASIC, why decide not to mine bitcoins?
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 01:35:33 PM

Litecoin is the one resistent. Yes, hashrate will rise dramatically, but I'm not a miner and I don't care.  Smiley

That would be insane. If you're getting ASIC next week the whole point is to mine the heck out of BTC while the diff is so low!

more or less retired.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 01:56:28 PM

That would be insane. If you're getting ASIC next week the whole point is to mine the heck out of BTC while the diff is so low!

Ok say 3 weeks from now after difficulty has increased twice.  The larger problem is the low hashrates of a TRC, PPC, and other SHA-256 based chains makes them highly susceptible to 51% attacks if for no other reason than LOLZ.  Eventually someone either trough true malice or mere curiosity is going to turn their attention towards an alt-chain.
BugSpirit

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 02:02:53 PM

Not mine. Attack, fork the chain and get all the market capitalization, which is hundreds of bitcoins in case of PPC. And all that in less than a day.
rudrigorc2
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 02:14:55 PM

Not mine. Attack, fork the chain and get all the market capitalization, which is hundreds of bitcoins in case of PPC. And all that in less than a day.

! understood
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 02:20:12 PM

Well there probably is no economic incentive to do so.  People value PPC because they have some.  If you remine the chain back from the genesis block it is unlikely people will be lining up to buy "their" coins from you.  You could cause a lot of chaos, you could bring the chain to a standstill (the "Luke" attack - mine nothing but empty blocks and reject all other competitor blocks), you could rewrite history (given the token amount of "lifetime" hashes in the blockchain, but it is unlikely it would be very profitable.
Vitalicus

Activity: 467
Merit: 100

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 04:12:31 PM

Danger  a TRC, DVC, PPC, and other SHA-256 based chains makes them highly susceptible to 51% attacks
For PPC  - ASIC are nor dangerous. The "hacker" should keep this PPC-s more that one month.
Who want to generate more than 15 mln and keep it more that one month ?

kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2013, 04:24:50 PM

Lots volumn on https://vircurex.com/ today which is why it's probably running so slow... Sad

Gotta gets me some alts!

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.

Activity: 756

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 06:56:35 PM

If i was a bigshot with 10 ASIC's coming or maybe 5, i'd set 4 to BTC 1 to the different SHA256 alt coins

at least after bitcoin diff. goes up a good notch

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 07:26:45 PM

This is why litecoin will be a safe haven from ASICs.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 07:57:16 PM

If i was a bigshot with 10 ASIC's coming or maybe 5, i'd set 4 to BTC 1 to the different SHA256 alt coins

Maybe, but thats kinda like saying if you owned 4 or 5 gold mines you would run a halloween haunted house in one just for kicks.

more or less retired.

Activity: 756

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 07:59:44 PM

Maybe, but thats kinda like saying if you owned 4 or 5 gold mines you would run a halloween haunted house in one just for kicks.

except it takes more than a flip of a switch to turn a working mine to a haunted house and vice versa

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 09:42:23 PM

except it takes more than a flip of a switch to turn a working mine to a haunted house and vice versa

True, but considering all the fighting, the accusations, the threats, the elation, the anxiety, the thrill, the drama, the expectations, the anticipation the coming of secure network and potentially the last of the gpus...
...would you really put 20% of your nuclear coinagemdon sized hash power towards some alt coin like FRC?
hmmm...

That said, I assume the mine owner wouldn't do it himself. So it would be trivial. "Hey foreman, make it so". Maybe even less work then switching your ASIC box to different chain.

more or less retired.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: