Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:22:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin halving how will it affect price?  (Read 4653 times)
DuckKeeper

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 07:27:21 AM

Do you all really think that the halvinf will affect the price of the bitcoin i dont think that would happen becuase lots of people think that the price will affect but i dont think
that would ever happen believe me halving has nothing to do with the bitcoin price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 07:36:04 AM

The next halving in 2020 will for sure have a big effect on the price I think we are going to be seeing a new all time high.
I am saving up as many bitcoin as I can for that next halving to profit from it as much as possible.
Cozynunu

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 07:50:50 AM

People keep saying that the price of the bitcoin is going to half becuase the bitcoin is going to half but the halving does not mean that the bitcoin is going ot half but that the amount of bitcoins are at the half!
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 02:07:30 PM

The Bitcoin halving doubles the mining difficulty. Imagine if we never had any halving at all. Then people can simply buy a mining rig and mine a lot of number of BTC possible. That would mean a lot of BTC were already be mined as of now and more BTC in circulation means lesser price unless a group of people would hold a big percentage of the total number of Bitcoins in circulation.

Bitcoin halving makes it difficult to mine Bitcoins. That means it would come to the point that the number of Bitcoins in circulation isn't even increasing that much because of the high difficulty of mining. The total BTC in circulation would almost remain the same as day passes by and as more and more people invest in that remaining amount of BTC in circulation, the price would be higher.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

trinaldao
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2016, 02:14:16 PM

maybe arround 1 year after halving will make bitcoin price rising again Smiley
in fact the price of bitfcoin is more stable after halving.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Maesters1-

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 07:30:13 PM

i thnk there is still a long time to next halving, so it is difficult to predict in advance but hope that just like previous halving for this time the price of bitcoin is going to increase and will not drop.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2016, 08:37:42 PM

The Bitcoin halving doubles the mining difficulty. Imagine if we never had any halving at all. Then people can simply buy a mining rig and mine a lot of number of BTC possible. That would mean a lot of BTC were already be mined as of now and more BTC in circulation means lesser price unless a group of people would hold a big percentage of the total number of Bitcoins in circulation.

Bitcoin halving makes it difficult to mine Bitcoins. That means it would come to the point that the number of Bitcoins in circulation isn't even increasing that much because of the high difficulty of mining. The total BTC in circulation would almost remain the same as day passes by and as more and more people invest in that remaining amount of BTC in circulation, the price would be higher.

I don't think this is quite right, the halving is about the number of coins issued. Halving the inflation of supply is so that total number will never exceed 21million of them.

Mining difficulty is to try and keep the the rate of issuance stable. Ie if someone with better technology starts getting more then difficulty increases to compensate, if people with all the fancy hardware stopped mining then difficulty would decrease.

afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2016, 08:40:47 PM

I've marked the two halvings on this chart. you can see what happened after the first halving. Judge for yourself what will happen after this one.

Icathia

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 08:42:26 PM

People keep saying that the price of the bitcoin is going to half becuase the bitcoin is going to half but the halving does not mean that the bitcoin is going ot half but that the amount of bitcoins are at the half!

This is indeed the stupidest thing I ever heard but I think that it can affect the price a lot these days.
In 2020 it will happen again and we will see what is gonna happen.
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 09:44:02 PM

halving happened this year is not positive impact on the price of bitcoin. even a decline, although not too high. but I am quite optimistic that the halving by 2020 will increase the price of bitcoin significantly.
FabioDelcatto

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 02:24:32 AM

Well right now the halving is still very far from us but in the future it will affect the price a lot and maybe even make us rich.
it can let the price go up to a very high amount.
wintermeasures

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 02:47:27 AM

I know that bitcoin blocks are going to be halved to 12.5 next summer.

so how will this affect the price?
As You Know That the Bitcoin Halving Has Been Passed So That I Don't Think That There Is any Effect On The Price Because Of The Halving Even After Halving The Price Decreased.....
I Think That the Halving in 2020 Will Make Us Rich.......
Vintry Dribbler 1975

Activity: 43
Merit: 7

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 02:50:06 AM

I know that bitcoin blocks are going to be halved to 12.5 next summer.

so how will this affect the price?
As You Know That the Bitcoin Halving Has Been Passed So That I Don't Think That There Is any Effect On The Price Because Of The Halving Even After Halving The Price Decreased.....
I Think That the Halving in 2020 Will Make Us Rich.......

Haven't we already done this thread in another thread?

The price of BitCoins jumped before the halving and has stayed fairly fixed in the low $ 600's for a few weeks now, so this is the new benchmark.

Maybe you should lock this thread.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 11:27:20 AM

halving happened this year is not positive impact on the price of bitcoin. even a decline, although not too high. but I am quite optimistic that the halving by 2020 will increase the price of bitcoin significantly.

And you think that the price going from lower $200s to almost $800 had nothing to do with the halving? If it hadn't really, how then can you convincingly explain that it has stayed around $600 for almost two months and now trends to rise daily? What is it if not the anticipation of the coming halving prior to the actual event and the direct consequences of it when the halving finally happened?
23dzmaz

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 12:58:27 PM

Well, as you can see the price of bitcoin is increase so high because of the halving. Bitcoin halving is really affect the price of bitcoin, the last halving make bitcoins price up to 2 times.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 01:12:29 PM

Well, as you can see the price of bitcoin is increase so high because of the halving. Bitcoin halving is really affect the price of bitcoin, the last halving make bitcoins price up to 2 times.
but it is common in the halving a few months ago. even bitcoin prices tend to be stable and not moving at all. bitcoin price movements are difficult to predict.
traderethereum

Activity: 2870
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2016, 01:35:30 PM

its true and we can see for now, the price is really go up at least we can see the price is on $643 for high price. and i am really wish that the price will go up again until reach $650.
senyorito123

Activity: 1736
Merit: 505

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 01:57:16 PM

its true and we can see for now, the price is really go up at least we can see the price is on $643 for high price. and i am really wish that the price will go up again until reach $650.

The halvinh chart might gonna tell all of talks here and as stated their bitcoin halving have great factor for the bitcoin price to rise up and we actually see that occurs, just what like happen back on those past month when the price rally came up but suddenly it was been killed by the bad news happen by the one exchanger who has been compromised, but as this day its like where on halving days since the price slowly climbing up.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 02:23:41 PM

it will happen and happen in the next few days. the trend of rising prices is currently very positive. bitcoin market showed strong back.
afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2016, 02:36:38 PM

The halving isn't just something that happens one day and then is finished. It happens then ... stays happened ! There is no going back to how the network was before. Never again will there be the supply of new coins we had for last few years. There is a new normal of only 12.5 coins minted per block. Half what it was. This effect is still being discovered slowly and inevitably, this is an upwards pressure on price. Subtle but real.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: