Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:21:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from Scotland  (Read 822 times)
McGoering (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 04:35:25 PM

Hello all, just registered, have been on the bitcoin train for a while. I live in Dundee, Scotland and own a small private airline business (ferrying tourists over to golf tournaments and Ireland and the like). It's just one plane and me, but we do OK! I have been mining bitcoins since the early days and am always looking for new ways to use them. With Scottish independence a possibility, I am looking to get people interested in bitcoins as an alternate form of payment beyond the pound. It will be a long road though!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 04:40:13 PM

Welcome! There's quite a few Scotland bitcoin users here as far as I can tell.
dancupid

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 05:09:45 PM

Hello all, just registered, have been on the bitcoin train for a while. I live in Dundee, Scotland and own a small private airline business (ferrying tourists over to golf tournaments and Ireland and the like). It's just one plane and me, but we do OK! I have been mining bitcoins since the early days and am always looking for new ways to use them. With Scottish independence a possibility, I am looking to get people interested in bitcoins as an alternate form of payment beyond the pound. It will be a long road though!

Welcome.
I once had to pay with a Scottish tenner in Manchester - caused me all sorts of problems.
You only have James VI (or I) to blame.
A few people on here wear Guy Fawkes masks - I doubt they realise why.
Good luck with Scottish independence - I'm slightly envious that we can't do the same thing in the North of England.
McGoering (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 05:15:15 PM

The devolution movement is reaching a head, finally. You could always make London separate from the rest of the country!
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 06:54:56 PM

Welcome fellow peer,
Hey, do you take bitcoins for charter services? That might be interesting, and I don't think any other airlines are taking BTC... yet.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 07:43:04 PM

Hello Scotland, Cornwall here. Always nice to meet a fellow Kelt.

McGoering (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 08:09:02 PM

Welcome fellow peer,
Hey, do you take bitcoins for charter services? That might be interesting, and I don't think any other airlines are taking BTC... yet.

I would be willing to try but so far nobody has been able to use them. Much of my clientele is foreign, so bitcoins would be optimal. I have a little sign in my office that notes I will take BTC but no takers so far. One reason I've chosen to join this forum is so that I can find new ways of spreading the use of BTC. 
Braincraze

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 09:31:55 PM

Hello Smiley Welcome.

I'm from the South-west I'm afraid. We're all referred to as Farmers down here.
BaronMcG

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 10:39:17 PM

SW Scotland here too! Welcome to the board!!!
21after2

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 11:07:08 PM

Scottish independence is a possibility? What's changed recently? I don't do a good job keeping up with world events, I'm afraid.

Anyways, welcome! Smiley
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2013, 04:42:46 AM

Welcome to the forums! glad to have you!

nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2013, 04:45:39 AM

Welcome. If I'm ever in that neck of the woods and can afford to charter you (and have reason to), count me in for some BTC business.

There's no chance of real Scottish independence any time soon, for the main purveyor of the idea [of Scottish separation from the UK] is the SNP and they don't really want independence, they just want Scotland to be a separate province of the EUSSR.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 05:01:36 AM

Glasgow here  Smiley
If you ever feel like taking some skydivers up, we could run the first BTC-funded skydives  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: